Why did God create apemen?

6days

Iouae said:
And going by the pattern in Genesis 1, at each replenishing of the earth after each mass extinction

That is dishonest.

There is no pattern of replenishing in Genesis 1... nor of mass extinctions in Gen. 1.

What you are doing is taking an old English word from Gen. 1:28 and using it to fit your secular beliefs in evolutionism. Do you also tell your friends that you are feeling 'gay' today? Likely not... the meaning of words has changed.

The KJV used the word 'replenish' because hundreds of years ago that word meant 'to fill'...not to refill. I suspect you do not normally use the King James version, except when you can find a word or a verse that seems to support your belief system. The KJV2000, and most other translations of Genesis 1 verse 28 read something like "God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure about the state of her wisdom teeth,but I do see the state of her wisdom. :)

Caino.... losing a trait..... or a tooth is easily explained within the Biblical model and by science.
However.... the frog to handsome prince fairy tale requires that a 'frog' can eventually evolve wisdom teeth.

Your loss of information example, is the opposite direction of the uphill fairy tale you believe in. (Or.... maybe you believe you are the handsome prince evolving towards froghood?)

Fairy tale??? We have the remains of evolutionary life, you have the remains of an evolutionary religion based on a discredited book defended by the fairy tale of inerrancy. It is simply to much of a risk for your religious pride to be honest about the fact that the layers of the past preserved in the earth are at odds with the Jews self important creation story.

You lost this debate long ago but you're still talking!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
EVOLUTIONARY TECHNIQUES OF LIFE

65:6.1 It is impossible accurately to determine, simultaneously, the exact location and the velocity of a moving object; any attempt at measurement of either inevitably involves change in the other. The same sort of a paradox confronts mortal man when he undertakes the chemical analysis of protoplasm. The chemist can elucidate the chemistry of dead protoplasm, but he cannot discern either the physical organization or the dynamic performance of living protoplasm. Ever will the scientist come nearer and nearer the secrets of life, but never will he find them and for no other reason than that he must kill protoplasm in order to analyze it. Dead protoplasm weighs the same as living protoplasm, but it is not the same.

65:6.2 There is original endowment of adaptation in living things and beings. In every living plant or animal cell, in every living organism—material or spiritual—there is an insatiable craving for the attainment of ever-increasing perfection of environmental adjustment, organismal adaptation, and augmented life realization. These interminable efforts of all living things evidence the existence within them of an innate striving for perfection.

65:6.3 The most important step in plant evolution was the development of chlorophyll-making ability, and the second greatest advance was the evolution of the spore into the complex seed. The spore is most efficient as a reproductive agent, but it lacks the potentials of variety and versatility inherent in the seed.

65:6.4 One of the most serviceable and complex episodes in the evolution of the higher types of animals consisted in the development of the ability of the iron in the circulating blood cells to perform in the double role of oxygen carrier and carbon dioxide remover. And this performance of the red blood cells illustrates how evolving organisms are able to adapt their functions to varying or changing environment. The higher animals, including man, oxygenate their tissues by the action of the iron of the red blood cells, which carries oxygen to the living cells and just as efficiently removes the carbon dioxide. But other metals can be made to serve the same purpose. The cuttlefish employs copper for this function, and the sea squirt utilizes vanadium.

65:6.5 The continuation of such biologic adjustments is illustrated by the evolution of teeth in the higher Urantia mammals; these attained to thirty-six in man's remote ancestors, and then began an adaptative readjustment toward thirty-two in the dawn man and his near relatives. Now the human species is slowly gravitating toward twenty-eight. The process of evolution is still actively and adaptatively in progress on this planet.

65:6.6 But many seemingly mysterious adjustments of living organisms are purely chemical, wholly physical. At any moment of time, in the blood stream of any human being there exists the possibility of upward of 15,000,000 chemical reactions between the hormone output of a dozen ductless glands.

65:6.7 The lower forms of plant life are wholly responsive to physical, chemical, and electrical environment. But as the scale of life ascends, one by one the mind ministries of the seven adjutant spirits become operative, and the mind becomes increasingly adjustive, creative, co-ordinative, and dominative. The ability of animals to adapt themselves to air, water, and land is not a supernatural endowment, but it is a superphysical adjustment.

65:6.8 Physics and chemistry alone cannot explain how a human being evolved out of the primeval protoplasm of the early seas. The ability to learn, memory and differential response to environment, is the endowment of mind. The laws of physics are not responsive to training; they are immutable and unchanging. The reactions of chemistry are not modified by education; they are uniform and dependable. Aside from the presence of the Unqualified Absolute, electrical and chemical reactions are predictable. But mind can profit from experience, can learn from reactive habits of behavior in response to repetition of stimuli.

65:6.9 Preintelligent organisms react to environmental stimuli, but those organisms which are reactive to mind ministry can adjust and manipulate the environment itself.

65:6.10 The physical brain with its associated nervous system possesses innate capacity for response to mind ministry just as the developing mind of a personality possesses a certain innate capacity for spirit receptivity and therefore contains the potentials of spiritual progress and attainment. Intellectual, social, moral, and spiritual evolution are dependent on the mind ministry of the seven adjutant spirits and their superphysical associates." UB 1955

6days

Caino said:
Fairy tale???
Yes, the belief a frog can evolve into a handsome prince when kisses by evolution is a fairy tale.

Caino said:
We have the remains of evolutionary life
No Caino...what we have is fossils

Caino said:
You lost this debate long ago but you're still talking!
It isn't debate. "In six days God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them" Ex. 20:11

iouae

That is dishonest.

There is no pattern of replenishing in Genesis 1... nor of mass extinctions in Gen. 1.

What you are doing is taking an old English word from Gen. 1:28 and using it to fit your secular beliefs in evolutionism. Do you also tell your friends that you are feeling 'gay' today? Likely not... the meaning of words has changed.

The KJV used the word 'replenish' because hundreds of years ago that word meant 'to fill'...not to refill. I suspect you do not normally use the King James version, except when you can find a word or a verse that seems to support your belief system. The KJV2000, and most other translations of Genesis 1 verse 28 read something like "God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth"

Which lights do you believe God created on day 1 and day 4?

6days

Which lights do you believe God created on day 1 and day 4?
It is pretty straight forward...unless you start trying to add secular opinions into God's Word.
Day 1 from YLT "God saith, `Let light be;' and light is." (Not lights...light)
Day 4 "God saith, `Let luminaries be in the expanse of the heavens,"

iouae

It is pretty straight forward...unless you start trying to add secular opinions into God's Word.
Day 1 from YLT "God saith, `Let light be;' and light is." (Not lights...light)
Day 4 "God saith, `Let luminaries be in the expanse of the heavens,"

So which lights were created on which days 6days? Sun, moon, stars, neon, glow-worms etc?

You are right to be afraid to answer. Be very afraid.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the belief a frog can evolve into a handsome prince when kisses by evolution is a fairy tale.

No Caino...what we have is fossils

It isn't debate. "In six days God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them" Ex. 20:11

Genesis was created by human beings, it's been discredited. God created the life that evolved over hundreds of millions of years.

iouae

Genesis 1 describes a recreation.

If God were only creating the sun moon and stars on day 4, then what light did God Create on day one?

And if God created the heavens in Gen 1:1, did He just create the space for the heavens, but with only the earth in this space?

And how could God call day 1 day 1 if no sun was around since days are measured by the earth rotating in relation to the sun. So the sun had to be there for there to be a day 1.

And the light created on day 1 was from the perspective of the Spirit which hovered above the surface of the waters. It is reasonable to assume that God cleared the atmosphere enough, after a "nuclear winter" event, so that the sun could be seen from the surface of the earth, so that one could see the sun and pronounce day 1.

On day 4 God appointed the heavenly lights for signs and seasons. They had been there from day 1, just as the rainbow had been there before the flood, but gets appointed as a sign of no more worldwide floods.

So Genesis is a "replenishing" not an original creation.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Very good! :)

I'm glad you agree. The problem with "creation science" is that ultimately it must appeal to the miraculous. I'm not saying that miracles can't or don't happen, but true science has nothing to do with the miraculous.

6days

iouae said:
Genesis 1 describes a recreation.
In 6 days God created the heavens and the Earth and everything in them . Ex. 20:11

iouae said:
If God were only creating the sun moon and stars on day 4, then what light did God Create on day one?
Please read Genesis 1. God created light on day 1. God created the sun moon and stars on the 4th day. Are you doubting God can create light without a source? Does the Book of Revelation tell us that there will be light without the Sun? (yes)

iouae said:
And if God created the heavens in Gen 1:1, did He just create the space for the heavens, but with only the earth in this space?
Yes, although the earth was formless and empty

iouae said:
And how could God call day 1 day 1 if no sun was around since days are measured by the earth rotating in relation to the sun. So the sun had to be there for there to be a day 1.
God tells us this in Genesis 1 "God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day." (Notice...it was not called ' the first day' but instead it was called 'one day'. In the Hebrew this is a cardinal number which indicates the absolute beginning. < other days in the creation week are ordinal numbers> There was nothing before this and it was not a recreation)

iouae said:
It is reasonable to assume that God cleared the atmosphere enough, after a "nuclear winter" event, so that the sun could be seen from the surface of the earth, so that one could see the sun and pronounce day 1.
That is adding secular ideas into God's Word, contradicting what He tells us.

Our Creator tells us..."God made the two great lights...God placed them in the expanse of the heavens...There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."

{You still have not addressed the false / dishonest statement you made about a pattern of replenishing after mass extinctions

in Genesis 1}

6days

I'm glad you agree. The problem with "creation science" is that ultimately it must appeal to the miraculous. I'm not saying that miracles can't or don't happen, but true science has nothing to do with the miraculous.

Uh...I would partially agree with you. Scripture is not science, but it does deal with some aspects of science. Jesus raised from the dead is not science. However we can use science to help confirm the truth of scripture.
(Believing life came from non life, or that nothing created everything, or that 'monkey's can evolve into humans is also not science)

iouae

In 6 days God created the heavens and the Earth and everything in them . Ex. 20:11

Please read Genesis 1. God created light on day 1. God created the sun moon and stars on the 4th day. Are you doubting God can create light without a source? Does the Book of Revelation tell us that there will be light without the Sun? (yes)

{You still have not addressed the false / dishonest statement you made about a pattern of replenishing after mass extinctions

in Genesis 1}

You did not answer the question how there can be days before day 4 when you say God created the sun.
I have no problem with there being light on day 1. But it is the presence of the sun which allows one to tell if a day has passed. We know because we see sunlight in the day, and no sunlight at night.
Sunlight + no sunlight = 1 day
No sun, no sunlight, nothing to measure that a day has passed.
Or did God just use His Rolex and measure off 24 hours in the absolutely uniform light God created on day 1.
But that's impossible for the light God created to have been uniform, since "the evening and the morning were the first day" This sounds exactly like the sun was there all along to measure days by, from day 1.

And the pattern of mass extinctions is Genesis 1, immediately during and after the flood, when Christ returns there is a mass extinction, and at the end of the Millennium when the earth is cauterised by fire.

And you never answered my question, Did God chase Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden, into Jurassic Park, filled with dinosaurs?

Notice how all the animals mentioned in Genesis 1 are Holocene or modern plants and animals. No mention of the ancient ones.

Right Divider

Body part
The primitive life forms that evolved over 550,000,000 years, was created and planted in the shallow briny seas of Pangea. The evolution of life was characterized by "sudden" appearances or mutations of new forms. Will concious man is roughly 1,000,000 years old. The earth was already populated and fell before Adam and Eve arrived.
A pile of humanistic imaginative baloney.

Mark 10:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

The LORD Jesus Christ knows far more then you.

6days

iouae said:
You did not answer the question how there can be days before day 4 when you say God created the sun.
Haha... It isn't me who is telling you when God made the sun.

iouae said:
I have no problem with there being light on day 1.
So, you will trust God on that point!

iouae said:
But it is the presence of the sun which allows one to tell if a day has passed.
But you aren't trusting God on this point. He made the sun on the 4th day, and yet there was evening and morning on the previous days.

iouae said:
And the pattern of mass extinctions is Genesis 1
You are dishonest iouae. There is no pattern of mass extinctions in Genesis 1.
iouae said:
Notice how all the animals mentioned in Genesis 1 are Holocene or modern plants and animals. No mention of the ancient ones.
Science helps support the truth of God's Word... which you reject. Scripture will never make sense when you continue trying to fit secular and heretical ideas into it.

6days

Did you say you are off to Cuba soon 6days?
If so, have a great time.

Yes... I said that more than a week ago. I'm back. I fell in love with Cuba... the kids and many of the people. My heart was broken many times .... For example I gave my blue jeans to a 52 year old pastor...I wept as he told me he had never owned a pair of pants as nice as this. I wept for a pastor couple who are both blind, and asked for prayer as they serve their community.... and God. (Their kids were adorable...I fell in love). I wept for another pastor couple who serve in the mountains with no income... separated from the outside world by a 4 hour trip). Cuba has such beautiful people, and the church is like the church in Acts... the people freely share with others from the little they have. I left a big chunk of my heart in Cuba... I will return.