Why did God create apemen?

iouae

Yes... I said that more than a week ago. I'm back. I fell in love with Cuba... the kids and many of the people. My heart was broken many times .... For example I gave my blue jeans to a 52 year old pastor...I wept as he told me he had never owned a pair of pants as nice as this. I wept for a pastor couple who are both blind, and asked for prayer as they serve their community.... and God. (Their kids were adorable...I fell in love). I wept for another pastor couple who serve in the mountains with no income... separated from the outside world by a 4 hour trip). Cuba has such beautiful people, and the church is like the church in Acts... the people freely share with others from the little they have. I left a big chunk of my heart in Cuba... I will return.

Sounds like a life-altering experience you had. I am so glad Cuba has opened up to this cross-cultural experience. I am sure they also had had their lives changed by your visit.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
A pile of humanistic imaginative baloney.

Mark 10:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

The LORD Jesus Christ knows far more then you.

And so he did, he used evolution to make male and female. Various apes and monkeys exit today. Throughout the evolution of life hominids of different types existed, we find their remains in the fossil record.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Faith, by definition, deals only with things that are not seen (2 Cor 4:18, Heb 11:1) while science, by definition, deals only with what we can see or observe with physical instruments. If faith could be proven by science, faith would no longer be faith--it would be knowledge (Rom 8:24). Then, rather than being saved by our faith, we could be saved by our knowledge. Faith is not knowledge, and knowledge is not faith. Science is knowledge. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says that "we walk by faith, not by sight". Science and faith appear to be mutually exclusive.

iouae

Faith, by definition, deals only with things that are not seen (2 Cor 4:18, Heb 11:1) while science, by definition, deals only with what we can see or observe with physical instruments. If faith could be proven by science, faith would no longer be faith--it would be knowledge (Rom 8:24). Then, rather than being saved by our faith, we could be saved by our knowledge. Faith is not knowledge, and knowledge is not faith. Science is knowledge. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says that "we walk by faith, not by sight". Science and faith appear to be mutually exclusive.

Folks have a mistaken impression that science, by definition, deals only with what can be seen.

Einstein performed thought experiments like pretending he was sitting on a ray of light and shining a torch, and would the torch light go faster than light, since his transport was already going at the speed of light. All this sort of science deals with the unseen, with speculation, with hypothesis.

From Einstein's theories of relativity he came up with further hypotheses which were to the effect... suppose relativity is correct, then light should bend around the sun etc. Then we test his unseen and unproven hypothesis, by faith, and find that in a solar eclipse light DOES bend around the sun, such that we see stars behind the sun.

And much of quantum physics deals with the invisible. String theory and extra dimensions definitely deals with the invisible, and mathematics which is quite other worldly.

The way science deals is not completely different to the way snake oil preachers preach. Send me your offering and prove if God does not open the windows of heaven and bless you.

I am a Christian because I live the lifestyle, and find it agrees with me, and look at others who are not Christians and think, if they were then they would not be so worried etc.

Everyone on earth lives by faith. Even animals live by faith. My cat woke me up last night in faith that I would get up and feed him, and not clobber him for waking me.

iouae

The Christian community acts like they invented words like faith, love, hope etc.

The pagans knew all these concepts and we borrowed our vocabulary from them.

The faith of the scientific community is followed by works.

They build Hadron colliders, and send expensive satellites into space to measure stuff they only believe exists, such as gravity waves, gamma ray bursts, cosmic background radiation, infra-red receivers to see back to the origin of the universe.

We can learn from science and be less dogmatic. We could say, what I believe is a working hypothesis, and I will search the scriptures to see if these contradict my beliefs. We could also learn from scientists who don't call those who do not agree with them names like "heretic". Instead, they just consider them ignorant. The rest of us who dabble in science know we are ignorant, and are forever playing catchup.

6days

Faith, by definition, deals only with things that are not seen (2 Cor 4:18, Heb 11:1) ...
The Bible tells us faith is based on EVIDENCE. It is the same type of faith we have that a chair will support us when we sit in it... We have evidence from experience and observation. Heb. 11:1,3 "Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen."

Right Divider

Body part
And so he did, he used evolution to make male and female.
Another vain opinion without the slightest bit of factual documentation of this "fact".

Too bad for you that the LORD Jesus Christ said otherwise.

Various apes and monkeys exit today.
No kidding.

Throughout the evolution of life hominids of different types existed, we find their remains in the fossil record.
Finding remains of animals that lived in the past does NOT, in ANY way, prove that they are the ancestors of the FIRST man and the FIRST woman.

He knows all and you know very little.

Right Divider

Body part
Science simply means knowledge.

The post that I quoted said NOTHING about FAITH. It was making confused remarks about MIRACLES and science.

I'm glad you agree. The problem with "creation science" is that ultimately it must appeal to the miraculous. I'm not saying that miracles can't or don't happen, but true science has nothing to do with the miraculous.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Another vain opinion without the slightest bit of factual documentation of this "fact".

No kidding.

Finding remains of animals that lived in the past does NOT, in ANY way, prove that they are the ancestors of the FIRST man and the FIRST woman.

He knows all and you know very little.
Jesus knows that created life evolved, that was his plan. The holy men who wrote the Bible books were ignorant about evolution. So they created the creation story using other stories from Mesopotamia.

6days

Jesus knows that created life evolved, that was his plan.
You can't be referring to Jesus of Nazareth... Possibly you mean Jesus Ruiz who I met in Cuba last week.
Jesus of Nazareth was a young earth creationists stating humanity existed from "the beginning".

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus knows that created life evolved, that was his plan.
Vain fact less Caino babbling.

The holy men who wrote the Bible books were ignorant about evolution.
Caino is ignorant of the Bible and the God that inspired the holy men to write it.

So they created the creation story using other stories from Mesopotamia.
Caino invented or continues a lie and tells it on TOL.

Greg Jennings

Caino is ignorant of the Bible and the God that inspired the holy men to write it.

If you deny that the genesis flood story is EERILY similar to earlier written Mesopotamian myths then you got your head too deep in the sand to be helped

Greg Jennings

Ah GJ, the all knowing one chimes in.
My greatness does not go unnoticed, I see.

How about the Mesopotamian myths are a corruption of the Biblical account?

My head is above ground, thanks.

Because we have hard copies of the Mesopotamian myth from 5000 years ago, in addition to an Iraqi flood tablet describing a man and his family getting in a large round boat with their animals to escape a massive flood. That also precedes the biblical account. Mesopotamia is the oldest civilization in the Middle East, and Semitic religions rose after

So take it up with the archaeologists of you don't like it, I guess

Right Divider

Body part
Because we have hard copies of the Mesopotamian myth from 5000 years ago, in addition to an Iraqi flood tablet describing a man and his family getting in a large round boat with their animals to escape a massive flood. That also precedes the biblical account.
Well gee boy golly, how can anyone argue against unequivocal and undeniable facts like those?

So take it up with the archaeologists of you don't like it, I guess
Well, with hard "science" like that..... don't make me laugh.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You can't be referring to Jesus of Nazareth... Possibly you mean Jesus Ruiz who I met in Cuba last week.
Jesus of Nazareth was a young earth creationists stating humanity existed from "the beginning".

Of coarse the earth started from the beginning. So did the sun, the moon and the stars. Light that comes from galaxies billions of light years away had a beginning.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

But not out in the real world of facts. Only in religious bubbles do men betray their common sence into bigotry and fanaticism. The men who wrote the Bible did have faith, but they were left to speculation about when the earth began because they were ignorant of the facts.

It was the corrupt church who invented the idea that God wrote what they themselves wrote. They can't be honest because they use it to control unsuspecting people.