If you don't believe in the trinity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

Apple7, God sits on the throne alone. Every example you give is an example of the subsidiary nature of all under God. Still never got back with me on triune in scripture. Inserting the word triune then you say the One Creator God doesn't count.

Apple7

Apple7, God sits on the throne alone. Every example you give is an example of the subsidiary nature of all under God. Still never got back with me on triune in scripture. Inserting the word triune then you say the One Creator God doesn't count.

Keep that head of yours buried in the sand, pops...

oatmeal

In the OT, God The Son was known as:

• El Shaddai ‘God of Mighty Ones’ (Gen 17.1, 28.3, 35.11, 43.14, 48.3, 49.25; Exo 6.3)
• Elohim ‘God’ (Gen 16.13, 22.12, 31.13; Exo 3.6)
• The Malek Elohim ‘The Messenger of God’ (Gen 21.17; 31.11)
• The Malek Yahweh ‘ The Messenger of Yahweh’ (Gen 16.7, 9 - 11; 22.11, 15)
• Debar Yahweh ‘The Word of Yahweh’ (Gen 15.1, 4; Exo 9.20, 21)

There is no "God the Son" in scripture.

There is however, about 50 places where Jesus Christ is referred to as son of God.

Therefore, since scripture does not provide any evidence for "God the Son" I do not believe in "God the Son".

However, since Jesus Christ is referred to as the son of God about 50 times in scripture, I believe that Jesus is the son of God.

Believing scripture is that simple.

Apple7

There is no "God the Son" in scripture.

There is however, about 50 places where Jesus Christ is referred to as son of God.

Therefore, since scripture does not provide any evidence for "God the Son" I do not believe in "God the Son".

However, since Jesus Christ is referred to as the son of God about 50 times in scripture, I believe that Jesus is the son of God.

Believing scripture is that simple.

Scripture states that Jesus is The Son.

Scripture states that Jesus is God.

Therefore, Jesus is God The Son.

Simple.:cigar:

oatmeal

Very nice, too bad God didn't think of that to include your theory in scripture.

Scripture states that Moses is God. Exodus 7:1 KJV

You miscounted how many persons are in your God head. There are at least four including Moses.

Add to those that Jesus referred to in John 10:34-35, how many do you believe was referring to "those unto whom the word of God came"?

the word "God" or "god" or theos or elohim is a general term used frequently in scripture. It refers to many a variety of individuals, not to the Creator alone.

Since Moses is God and he is, you should also add "God the Moses" or "Moses the God" to your threeology.

Nevertheless, "God the Son" is not a scriptural term. God does not use it to describe himself, (or in your threeology, themselves). God is all wise, if that term was useful to describe himself, He would have used it.

If that term was useful to describe His son, He would have used it.

If "triune, trinity, dual nature, God the Son, mother of God, three in one" were terms useful to describe Himself, God would have used them.

He did not.

I will trust God's description of himself, not yours.

When you are ready to take God's word, His logos, seriously, then you will be teachable

Apple7

Very nice, too bad God didn't think of that to include your theory in scripture.

Scripture states that Moses is God. Exodus 7:1 KJV

You miscounted how many persons are in your God head. There are at least four including Moses.

That is the term 'elohim', of which, is a flexible term and its meaning is determined via context.

Show us where Moses was called Yahweh!

Add to those that Jesus referred to in John 10:34-35, how many do you believe was referring to "those unto whom the word of God came"?

the word "God" or "god" or theos or elohim is a general term used frequently in scripture. It refers to many a variety of individuals, not to the Creator alone.

Again...

John is referencing the Hebrew word 'elohim' from the Psalms....NOT Yahweh!

Since Moses is God and he is, you should also add "God the Moses" or "Moses the God" to your threeology.

Show us where Moses was referred to as Yahweh like The Son is..

Good luck on that...

Your 'elohim argument' is old....worn-out....and defeated.

Nevertheless, "God the Son" is not a scriptural term. God does not use it to describe himself, (or in your threeology, themselves). God is all wise, if that term was useful to describe himself, He would have used it.

If that term was useful to describe His son, He would have used it.

If "triune, trinity, dual nature, God the Son, mother of God, three in one" were terms useful to describe Himself, God would have used them.
He did not.

I will trust God's description of himself, not yours.

When you are ready to take God's word, His logos, seriously, then you will be teachable

Let me give this a try...

'If 'unitarian', 'monad', and 'majestic plural' were terms useful to describe himself, God would have used them. He did not.'

How does that work for ya....?:angel:

oatmeal

That is the term 'elohim', of which, is a flexible term and its meaning is determined via context.

Show us where Moses was called Yahweh!

Again...

John is referencing the Hebrew word 'elohim' from the Psalms....NOT Yahweh!

Show us where Moses was referred to as Yahweh like The Son is..

Good luck on that...

Your 'elohim argument' is old....worn-out....and defeated.

Let me give this a try...

'If 'unitarian', 'monad', and 'majestic plural' were terms useful to describe himself, God would have used them. He did not.'

How does that work for ya....?:angel:

God made Moses a god to Pharaoh, therefore Moses is a god, an elohim.

Moses was not made gods to pharaoh, but a god to pharaoh.

Moses is therefore a god, an elohim.

I glad to see that you recognize that elohim has many other applications besides referring to the Creator. It is used of people including the son of the creator God

My point has nothing to do with whether Moses is called Yahweh, I do not claim that Moses is called Yahweh, it is irrelevant to my point, my point which you acknowledged

As for
'unitarian', 'monad', and 'majestic plural'
since God does not use those words to describe himself, I see no reason to use those words to describe Him.

He is all knowing all wise and knows exactly who He, not they, is.

God is not 'unitarian', 'monad', and 'majestic plural', He is God, the one true God.

popsthebuilder

The son is not equal to God as a man because he is still man and physical. Jesus of Nazareth was the most pure, and the son of God yet still limited in some way due to his material state( mankind). Of course he has long since returned to the Father, and is indeed one and the same in a sense. That sense is that they can both refer to the One Creator God as of the physical or material death of Jesus.

Imho
All praise is to God

Apple7

God made Moses a god to Pharaoh, therefore Moses is a god, an elohim.

Moses was not made gods to pharaoh, but a god to pharaoh.

Moses is therefore a god, an elohim.

I glad to see that you recognize that elohim has many other applications besides referring to the Creator. It is used of people including the son of the creator God

My point has nothing to do with whether Moses is called Yahweh, I do not claim that Moses is called Yahweh, it is irrelevant to my point, my point which you acknowledged

Fact is, Moses was NEVER called Yahweh.

Fact is, The Son IS called Yahweh.

See the difference, yet?

Yahweh does NOT share His NAME with anyone.

Thus...The Son is Yahweh.

Simple Biblical truth...

Keep fighting that 'elohim' straw-man...

Apple7

The son is not equal to God as a man because he is still man and physical. Jesus of Nazareth was the most pure, and the son of God yet still limited in some way due to his material state( mankind). Of course he has long since returned to the Father, and is indeed one and the same in a sense. That sense is that they can both refer to the One Creator God as of the physical or material death of Jesus.

Imho
All praise is to God

Any scripture to buttress your opinion?

Pierac

Worship of The Creator is, and always has been, Triune...

Who is the ‘One’ upon the Throne in Rev?

Revelation tells us that The Father sits upon the Throne (Rev 3.21); that Jesus sits upon the Throne (Rev 3.21; 7.17; 22.1 - 3), & that Theos sits upon the Throne (Rev 7.10 – 11; 7.15; 12.5; 14.5; 19.4; 22.1 - 3).

This is the Trinity....and receives all worship...

:cigar::cigar::cigar:

Thanks for posting... such traditions of men! NOW... :maxi: Give me your spiritual Lunch! As I AM about to eat it!!! :readthis:

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.:think:

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven…" (Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture. See the following:

“Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

" For this reason I bow my knees before the Father," (Eph 3:14)

" giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, " (Eph 5:20)

" We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, "
( Col 1:3 )

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father "through" him." (Col 3:17)

Where is your trinity? :chuckle:

You are by far one of the easiest to expose on the topic of the trinity! :chuckle:

Study harder...
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

popsthebuilder

If Moses is God, then we would expect the New Testament to talk about him, like how it actually talk's about Jesus. :rolleyes:

DJ
The Old Testament was the Old Testament and not the New Covenant. Why would you expect Moses to be mentioned as God in the New Covenant? By the way, it says numerous times did the people of Israel saw Moses as God and so did his brother Aaron.

Pierac

In the OT, God The Son was known as:

• El Shaddai ‘God of Mighty Ones’ (Gen 17.1, 28.3, 35.11, 43.14, 48.3, 49.25; Exo 6.3)
• Elohim ‘God’ (Gen 16.13, 22.12, 31.13; Exo 3.6)
• The Malek Elohim ‘The Messenger of God’ (Gen 21.17; 31.11)
• The Malek Yahweh ‘ The Messenger of Yahweh’ (Gen 16.7, 9 - 11; 22.11, 15)
• Debar Yahweh ‘The Word of Yahweh’ (Gen 15.1, 4; Exo 9.20, 21)

I read no GOD the Son! In fact... you will search in vain to find this phrase in ANY Scripture what so ever....

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Paul is being spanked pretty badly.

What's the matter Paul...can't find a cut-n-pastie rebuttal...?

:chuckle:

You can let go of your ankles now.... :whip:

:chuckle:
Paul

Apple7

Paul....time to be spanked again!

Paul....time to be spanked again!

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.:think:

Proper worship of God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

• Father
• Son (Truth)
• Spirit

Apple7

Spanked again...

Spanked again...

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven…" (Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture.

Jesus teaches us to pray in The Father's singular name...of which, is the same singular name as the Son and Spirit. (Mat 6.9 - 13)

No wonder you had to truncate the verse...

Apple7

Spanked yet again...

Spanked yet again...

“Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

Who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9.4 – 5)

Ouch!

Apple7

The whole Bible. We've been over this. Son is not the creator that is completely *** backwards explain it to me please so I can understand from your flawless perspective

Pops...

Impress us with scripture.

Absolutely no one cares about your unreferenced opinion...and the cursing behind it...

Status
Not open for further replies.