If you don't believe in the trinity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

If Moses is God, then we would expect the New Testament to talk about him, like how it actually talk's about Jesus. :rolleyes:

DJ

It is your choice as to whether you are going to believe God's testimony to Moses as given in Exodus 7:1 KJV, evidently you do not choose to believe God's words, I cannot help that.

That is your choice, not mine.

oatmeal

Proper worship of God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

• Father
• Son (Truth)
• Spirit

Jesus' concern is worshipping the Father, not worship of Jesus Christ.

Why? because Jesus knows that His Father is God unlike himself who he calls the son of God. John 10:34-36

Jesus said, "I am the son of God" Why don't you believe him?

oatmeal

Jesus teaches us to pray in The Father's singular name...of which, is the same singular name as the Son and Spirit. (Mat 6.9 - 13)

No wonder you had to truncate the verse...

We are not instructed to pray to the son, the son instructs us to pray to the Father, our Father, not Jesus' Father who art in heaven, but OUR Father, because God is our Father as much as God is Jesus' Father.

At least for those who are sons of God. I John 3:1-2

Jesus did not instruct to pray to a trinity, now did he?

popsthebuilder

Pops...

Impress us with scripture.

Absolutely no one cares about your unreferenced opinion...and the cursing behind it...
*** is not a curse.

Luke 1

The whole thing.

References the similarities of John and Jesus, the fact that they were both conceived of the womb, and the result of the Angel Gabriel.

Oh yeah, didn't look for that either. It was the first thing I turned to, randomly.

Apple7

Jesus' concern is worshipping the Father, not worship of Jesus Christ.

Why? because Jesus knows that His Father is God unlike himself who he calls the son of God. John 10:34-36

Jesus said, "I am the son of God" Why don't you believe him?

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

You should pay attention to Jesus when He tells you that He is The Truth...

John 14.6…Jesus

Jesus said to him, I am the Way, and The Truth (hē alētheia), and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

In fact, ALL the way through the NT, 'The Truth' ALWAYS refers to Jesus as the subject.

John 1.9 – 17…Jesus

He was The True (to alēthinon) Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, yet the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to the ones believing into His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God. And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and of Truth (alētheias). John witnesses concerning Him, and has cried out, saying, This One was He of whom I said, He coming after me has been before me, for He was preceding me. And out of His fullness we all received, and grace on top of grace. For the Law was given through Moses, but grace and The Truth (hē alētheia) came through Jesus Christ.

John 3.19 – 21…Jesus

And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness more than the Light, for their works were evil. For everyone practicing wickedness hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, that his works may not be exposed. But the one practicing The Truth (tēn alētheian) comes to the Light, that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

John 5.32 – 33…Jesus

It is Another that witnesses concerning Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses concerning Me is true. You have sent to John, and he has testified to The Truth (tē alētheia).

John 6.32 – 33…Jesus

Then Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Moses has not given you the bread out of Heaven, but My Father gives you The True (ton alēthinon) bread out of Heaven. For the bread of God is He coming down out of Heaven and giving life to the world.

John 8.31 – 46…Jesus

Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, If you continue in My Word, you are truly My disciples. And you will know The Truth (tēn alētheian), and The Truth (hē alētheia) will set you free. They answered Him, We are Abraham's seed, and we have been in slavery to no one, never! How do You say, You will become free? Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Everyone practicing sin is a slave of sin. But the slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains to the age. Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed. I know that you are Abraham's seed, but you seek to kill Me, because My Word is not given room in you. I speak what I have seen with My Father. And you therefore do what you have seen with your father. They answered and said to Him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were children of Abraham, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a man who has spoken The Truth (tēn alētheian) to you, which I heard alongside of God. Abraham did not do this. You do the works of your father. They said to Him, We were not born of fornication; we have one father, God. Then Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I went forth and have come from God. For I have not come from Myself, but that One sent Me. Why do you not know My speech? It is because you are not able to hear My Word. You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in The Truth (tē alētheia), because there is no Truth (alētheia) in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I speak The Truth (tēn alētheian), you do not believe Me. Who of you reproves Me concerning sin? But if I speak Truth (alētheian), why do you not believe Me?

John 14.16 – 18…Jesus

And I will petition the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may remain with you to the age, the Spirit of The Truth (tēs alētheias), whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He abides with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I am coming to you.

John 15.26…Jesus

And when the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of The Truth (tēs alētheias)who proceeds from the Father, that One will witness concerning Me.

John 16.7…Jesus

But I tell you The Truth (tēn alētheian), it is advantageous for you that I should go; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. But if I go, I will send Him to you.

John 16.13 – 14…Jesus

But when that One comes, the Spirit, TheTruth (tēs alētheias), He will guide you into all The Truth (tē alētheia), for He will not speak from Himself, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will announce the coming things to you. That One will glorify Me, for He will receive from Mine and will announce to you.

John 17.3…Jesus

And this is everlasting life, that they may know You, the only True (alēthinon) God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

John 17.17 – 19…Jesus

Sanctify them in The Truth (tē alētheia); Your Word is Truth (alētheia). As You have sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world, and I sanctify Myself for them, that they also may be sanctified in Truth (alētheia).

John 18.37 – 38…Jesus

Then Pilate said to Him, Are You really a king? Jesus answered, You say that I am a king. For this purpose I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I might witness to The Truth (tē alētheia). Everyone being of The Truth (tēs alētheias) hears My voice. Pilate said to Him, What is Truth (alētheia)? And saying this, he again went out to the Jews and said to them, I do not find even one crime in Him!

1 John 2.8…Jesus

gain I write a new commandment to you which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and The True (to alēthinon) Light already shines.

1 John 5.20…Jesus

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know The True (ton alēthinon) One, and we are in The True (tō alēthinō) One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is The True (ho alēthinos) God and the life everlasting.

1 John 1.6 – 8…Jesus

If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and we walk in darkness, we lie and are not practicing The Truth (tēn alētheian). But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and The Truth (hē alētheia) is not in us.

1 John 2.4…Jesus

The one saying, I have known Him, and not keeping His commands is a liar, and The Truth (hē alētheia) is not in that one.

1 John 2.21 – 23…Jesus

I did not write to you because you do not know The Truth (tēn alētheian), but because you know Him, and because every lie is not of The Truth (tēs alētheias). Who is the liar, except the one denying, saying that Jesus is not the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one denying the Father and the Son. Everyone denying the Son does not have the Father. The one confessing the Son also has the Father.

1 John 3.18 – 19…Jesus

My little children, let us not love in word, or in tongue, but in deed and in Truth (alētheia). And in this we shall know that we are of The Truth (tēs alētheias), and shall persuade our hearts before Him,

1 John 4.3 – 6…Jesus

And every spirit which does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not from God; and this is the antichrist which you heard is coming, and now is already in the world. Little children, you are of God and have overcome them, because He in you is greater than he in the world. They are of the world; because of this they speak of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God; the one knowing God hears us. Whoever is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the spirit The Truth (tēs alētheias), and the spirit of error.

Apple7

We are not instructed to pray to the son, the son instructs us to pray to the Father, our Father, not Jesus' Father who art in heaven, but OUR Father, because God is our Father as much as God is Jesus' Father.

At least for those who are sons of God. I John 3:1-2

Jesus did not instruct to pray to a trinity, now did he?

The NAME is one and the same.

Simple Biblical Truth.

Apple7

*** is not a curse.

Luke 1

The whole thing.

References the similarities of John and Jesus, the fact that they were both conceived of the womb, and the result of the Angel Gabriel.

Oh yeah, didn't look for that either. It was the first thing I turned to, randomly.

Again...

Show us the 'similarities' in scripture....if you can, that is...

oatmeal

Who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9.4 – 5)

Ouch!

Nice try!

Romans 9:1-5

9 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

who is over all? all what? Christ is over all regarding the Israelites, the adoption, the glory ( I thought only God gets the glory, here God states that the glory pertains to Paul's brethren, the Israelites) the covenants, the giving of the law the service to God and the promises, the fathers of whom concerning the flesh Christ came.

That entire list although important is not the focus of the scriptures. Jesus Christ is the focus of the scriptures, for by him, he being the way to the Father, is how we get to know God, our Father.

God is blessed with that. Amen.

Who is over all? God is.

I Corinthians 11:3

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

popsthebuilder

Again...

Show us the 'similarities' in scripture....if you can, that is...
I don't understand what you are saying. You asked for reference through scripture. I showed it with absolutely know real research. What are you asking now? Do you really want me to cut and paste all of Luke 1?
I know different bibles say slightly different things but surely yours isn't that far off.
Thanks in advance for clarification on what it is you are asking of me.

popsthebuilder

The new (P)ierac (O)atmeal (P)opsthe builder….aka ‘POPs’…
What are you getting at? To be anything other than thankful to God for anything is sorta wrong. I don't know if you are envious, jealous, or just a negative person. Whichever, none are of God.

Apple7

I don't understand what you are saying. You asked for reference through scripture. I showed it with absolutely know real research. What are you asking now? Do you really want me to cut and paste all of Luke 1?
I know different bibles say slightly different things but surely yours isn't that far off.
Thanks in advance for clarification on what it is you are asking of me.

Anyone with a pulse and an internet link can parrot a name and a number.

Few can defend it.

popsthebuilder

Anyone with a pulse and an internet link can parrot a name and a number.

Few can defend it.
No defending needed, only comprehension. Don't accuse me of being a parrot after repeated requests for me to do exactly what I did, please.

Thank you,
All praise is to God through Christ.

popsthebuilder

Luke 3 explains that there can be more than one Christ and that Jesus didn't wholly embody the Christ cinsiousness until about thirty years of age and after being Baptised by John the Baptist.

popsthebuilder

Show the exact scripture and talk to it...
I will not cherry pick the scripture. If you have trouble with comprehension or reading perhaps you could get it in audio book form. To take things out of context is wrong and misguided it leads to misunderstanding of interpretation.

Apple7

I will not cherry pick the scripture. If you have trouble with comprehension or reading perhaps you could get it in audio book form. To take things out of context is wrong and misguided it leads to misunderstanding of interpretation.

You can't even produce ONE verse for your lame argument.

Pathetic...:chuckle:

Pierac

Who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9.4 – 5)

Ouch!

Really? I'm not surprised! :think:

Time to take your theological lunch money... again!

NASB Rom 9:4 who are Israelites, to whom belongs the adoption as sons, and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises, 5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

KJV Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

I posted twice as many bibles... that teach differently...:think:

GRAB YOUR THEOLOGICAL ANKLES ... :whip:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.