ECT As many people doubt the scripture regarding speaking in tongues:

Word based mystic

God still heals people. God still does miracles in people's lives; however, you know that you are not making those dead come back to life. You know you are not making those born blind see. You know you are not making the paralyzed walk.

ummm I won't get into it in detail
but the first part of your statement is correct
the 2nd is not.

our fellowships and mission groups around the world and here have seen all of them.

it is not a magic wand and obviously God does the work
but we are commanded to believe, pray, cast out demons, heal the sick, raise the dead.

I will continue trying as the circumstances come up.

and yes once i have seen the dead raised
and several times the near death raised up.
well i guess i did get into it.

but I cant deny the testimonies.

Word based mystic

Said by an unbeliever who refuses to believe the scripture.

No, that is your position.

Then why are YOU not healing EVERYONE.
Act 5:16 KJV There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
I guess that you're not doing your job.

Christ had all knowledge, being the Creator. The Lord Jesus Christ did NOT grow in grace; He WAS grace.
Joh 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Nope, I'm saying that there were reasons that Paul and the twelve performed many miracles that you don't understand the when and the why.

I guess that you didn't notice that Paul's miracles ceased by the end of his ministry and he was giving medical advice instead of healing.

well said.

but these signs shall follow those whom believe is still relevant
there are still (believers)
and God still responds to believers faith
as we grow in faith
this process grows us in grace and faith.

all things are possible for those who believe still is scripture and there are still believers today

we struggle and pray, ask, knock, seek and are led by the Spirit

healing is not a magic wand.

Right Divider

Body part
well said.

as we grow in faith

all things are possible for those who believe still is scripture and there are still believers today

Apparently, you are just completely ignoring everything said to you and the scripture too.

You've graduated to my ignore list.

God's Truth

ummm I won't get into it in detail
but the first part of your statement is correct
the 2nd is not.

our fellowships and mission groups around the world and here have seen all of them.

it is not a magic wand and obviously God does the work
but we are commanded to believe, pray, cast out demons, heal the sick, raise the dead.

I will continue trying as the circumstances come up.

and yes once i have seen the dead raised
and several times the near death raised up.
well i guess i did get into it.

but I cant deny the testimonies.

As I said before, God heals people, and sometimes through other people; however, those dead are not raised, those born blind are not given sight, and those born paralyzed are not walking.

Word based mystic

Apparently, you are just completely ignoring everything said to you and the scripture too.

You've graduated to my ignore list.

i understand your premise.

yes the apostles healed everyone they prayed for.

but that does not exclude future believers for exercising their faith and praying, asking and believing.

for all things are possible.

within the realm of hearing and obeying and not asking amiss.

God's Truth

well said.

as we grow in faith

Why won't you acknowledge the scriptures that tell us God testified to what the Apostles said by allowing them to speak in tongues and do other miraculous things during the laying of the foundation?

Word based mystic

Why won't you acknowledge the scriptures that tell us God testified to what the Apostles said by allowing them to speak in tongues and do other miraculous things during the laying of the foundation?

i do but
your leading premise was that certain types of healings are no longer possible

so I didnt agree with the full assumption you were using on those scriptures
implying that those types of situations are no longer possible.

believers do not have that same (gift) for that specific moment.
but we can still see God move through his children as we grow in faith.

Word based mystic

Thank you.
I have been on many different debate sites under many different names, but just have to keep this picture.

my busy season is coming up so i may not be on often.

this is my first time ever on this type of site

usually it was atheist sites

I wanted to see what trends were out there in discussion sites outside of my fellowships i hang out with.

I also like to reassess most of my old premises that are borderline or questionable subjects every 5 years or so.

God's Truth

i do but
your leading premise was that certain types of healings are no longer possible

so I didnt agree with the full assumption you were using on those scriptures
implying that those types of situations are no longer possible.

believers do not have that same (gift) for that specific moment.
but we can still see God move through his children as we grow in faith.

I have a powerful testimony. My faith is no problem. However, the foundation has been laid. Raising people from the dead, giving sight to the blind, and making the paralyzed walk are things done during a very special time. It was done during the laying of the foundation. It was probably done often. People are being healed today, but the type of extraordinary miracles are things not happening because the message has already been testified to and we are to believe even though we have not seen.

I have asked Jesus for something, felt his presence, and instantaneously been helped. I have healed people of physical ailments.

However, these are personal situations, for God already testified to the message during the foundation that has been laid.

Word based mystic

I have a powerful testimony. My faith is no problem. However, the foundation has been laid. Raising people from the dead, giving sight to the blind, and making the paralyzed walk are things done during a very special time. It was done during the laying of the foundation. It was probably done often. People are being healed today, but the type of extraordinary miracles are things not happening because the message has already been testified to and we are to believe even though we have not seen.

I have asked Jesus for something, felt his presence, and instantaneously been helped. I have healed people of physical ailments.

However, these are personal situations, for God already testified to the message during the foundation that has been laid.

yes i can see how that could be laid out that way.

I personally believe that each generation as well as (especially) each new people group can expect to see some if not all of these things, depending on the faith of the missionaries or mature christian fellowship.

especially in conjunction with encountering witch doctors, shamans and historical pagan signs and miracles.

both personally and historically God moves mightily to show His power supreme as the gospel is preached.

look at patrick in ireland.

God's Truth

my busy season is coming up so i may not be on often.

this is my first time ever on this type of site

usually it was atheist sites

I wanted to see what trends were out there in discussion sites outside of my fellowships i hang out with.

I also like to reassess most of my old premises that are borderline or questionable subjects every 5 years or so.

Debating others with different beliefs can get a person to study like nothing else. Iron sharpens iron.
I only want to be sharpened in the Truth, but I have seen others get strengthened in their false doctrines; or at least it seems that way.

I get banned often here. I just got back after a three month ban. I am careful, but sometimes the truth just hurts too much for those here who run this place.

I want you to know that I do not question your salvation or your love for the Lord. I usually am told I am condemned when I go against others doctrines.

When I was first saved, I started speaking in tongues and interpreting what I was saying. I did this for a while, and then when someone asked me about it...I realized I knew nothing about what the Bible says about it, I only did what pastors told me about it.

After studying deeply from the Holy Bible, the truth about tongues was revealed to me.

I am glad that you will consider discussing this with me.

Word based mystic

Debating others with different beliefs can get a person to study like nothing else. Iron sharpens iron.
I only want to be sharpened in the Truth, but I have seen others get strengthened in their false doctrines; or at least it seems that way.

I get banned often here. I just got back after a three month ban. I am careful, but sometimes the truth just hurts too much for those here who run this place.

I want you to know that I do not question your salvation or your love for the Lord. I usually am told I am condemned when I go against others doctrines.

When I was first saved, I started speaking in tongues and interpreting what I was saying. I did this for a while, and then when someone asked me about it...I realized I knew nothing about what the Bible says about it, I only did what pastors told me about it.

After studying deeply from the Holy Bible, the truth about tongues was revealed to me.

I am glad that you will consider discussing this with me.

reassessing what man has taught me or what I concluded 5 or more years ago usually gets sharpened as i get older.
I am disappointed at the name calling and judgement of salvation from many on this site. It is too easy for them and often lacks any self control, love and gentleness.

so i learn a bit here.
it is hard to give up a belief system that you have based your salvation on or your reputation on.

God's Truth

yes i can see how that could be laid out that way.

I personally believe that each generation as well as (especially) each new people group can expect to see some if not all of these things, depending on the faith of the missionaries or mature christian fellowship.

especially in conjunction with encountering witch doctors, shamans and historical pagan signs and miracles.

both personally and historically God moves mightily to show His power supreme as the gospel is preached.

look at patrick in ireland.

I am not sure what is accredited to Patrick of Ireland. Is it something about snakes? I go against the teachings of Catholics, and Eastern Orthodox, and all false teachings.

I guess the miracles being attributed to certain denominations are things not really debatable. I have been healed by someone in a false denomination before I was saved. Faith is a powerful thing. I did not know about the teachings of the two people praying for a healing for me, at that time, all I knew is that they were asking Jesus to heal me, and He did.

God's Truth can be found. I believe we must contend for God's Truth.

Cross Reference

You have healed people?? That would be an untoward miracle for sure.

God's Truth

reassessing what man has taught me or what I concluded 5 or more years ago usually gets sharpened as i get older.
I am disappointed at the name calling and judgement of salvation from many on this site. It is too easy for them and often lacks any self control, love and gentleness.
I completely agree. I have been called the worst things, yet I do not want to speak like that to anyone.
so i learn a bit here.
it is hard to give up a belief system that you have based your salvation on or your reputation on.

I have given up the Catholic religion for God's Truth, and turned many family members against me. I also got involved in another false religion where I had many close friends. It was hard to give up some things that were such an important part of my life, but knowing God's Truth is worth giving it all up for.