ECT As many people doubt the scripture regarding speaking in tongues:

Word based mystic

Our fellowship works with Many missionary groups and there are many testimonies of translation tongues to new people groups. while bringing the gospel to our own people group/nation we reach out to called the urarinas in amazon the translation tongue happened at least once that i can say i was personally there to see and participate in.

many ((ignore)) the following scriptures to make tongues only translation applicable.

1 cor 14:4 One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church

1 cor 13:1
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love

this next scripture is in context of what happens to believers and their destination (as well as) what to expect from those who (believe)

mark16:16-18 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

in context it is those who believe (not) pointedly (only) to the apostles and has no time frame except that all nations be preached to and reached.
all nations people groups and tongues were not reached by the apostles.

So it continues as do all the gifts until we see him face to face upon his coming again.

the very impact of the power of the gospel validates the gospel as we reach new people groups and nations. witches, shamans and demonic witch doctors are embarrassed when the power of the Spirit confronts them from missionaries who (believe) and have results with healings and miracles. Which i have personally found to be quite fluid and generous from the lord when confronting such and reaching new tongues and nations.

this is how paul (fully preached the gospel)
preaching with power

romans 15:19 For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed, 19in the (power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit); so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have ((fully preached the gospel of Christ))

Are you fully preaching the gospel
or are you only partially believing
only believing in the power of your intellect, logic, mental understanding and excellence of speaking with mental manipulation.

Cross Reference

Our fellowship works with Many missionary groups and there are many testimonies of translation tongues to new people groups. while bringing the gospel to our own people group/nation we reach out to called the urarinas in amazon the translation tongue happened at least once that i can say i was personally there to see and participate in.

many ((ignore)) the following scriptures to make tongues only translation applicable.

1 cor 14:4 One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church

1 cor 13:1
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love

this next scripture is in context of what happens to believers and their destination (as well as) what to expect from those who (believe)

mark16:16-18 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

in context it is those who believe (not) pointedly (only) to the apostles and has no time frame except that all nations be preached to and reached.
all nations people groups and tongues were not reached by the apostles.

So it continues as do all the gifts until we see him face to face upon his coming again.

the very impact of the power of the gospel validates the gospel as we reach new people groups and nations. witches, shamans and demonic witch doctors are embarrassed when the power of the Spirit confronts them from missionaries who (believe) and have results with healings and miracles. Which i have personally found to be quite fluid and generous from the lord when confronting such and reaching new tongues and nations.

this is how paul (fully preached the gospel)
preaching with power

romans 15:19 For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed, 19in the (power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit); so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have ((fully preached the gospel of Christ))

Are you fully preaching the gospel
or are you only partially believing
only believing in the power of your intellect, logic, mental understanding and excellence of speaking with mental manipulation.

Do you know of the missionary, Bruce Olson __his book "Bruchko"?

Word based mystic

Do you know of the missionary, Bruce Olson __his book "Bruchko"?

i do not, but i believe my friend that owns renewoutreach has connections with that organization
His book is awesome i read it with my wife years ago

our fellowship has worked closely with steve saint (son in end of spear story).

Steve is awesome, creative guy who loves God.

Cross Reference

i do not, but i believe my friend that owns renewoutreach has connections with that organization
His book is awesome i read it with my wife years ago

our fellowship has worked closely with steve saint (son in end of spear story).

Steve is awesome, creative guy who loves God.

How 'bout speaking of how God prepared the Motilone Indians to receive from Olson by the using "bananas", can you do that from memory?

Word based mystic

How 'bout speaking of how God prepared the Motilone Indians to receive from Olson by the using "bananas", can you do that from memory?

through dreams i believe.
and some visions passed down by oral tradition.

i remember the banana was used but forgot the detail of how it pointed to Christ and the one who brings the news.

Cross Reference

through dreams i believe.
and some visions passed down by oral tradition.

i remember the banana was used but forgot the detail of how it pointed to Christ and the one who brings the news.

The Lord showed them that He would reveal Himself through the "leaves of bananas". The interpretation of it all came at a time one day when Olson was "leafing" through his Bible that that was quickened to the chief to be the fulfillment of his dream/vision of the stalks of "banana Leaves".

There is another account of a neighboring warring tribe who were visited by the new born Motilones who God sent to them for their salvation. Though their languages were different the host "enemy" tribe understood every word and by that miracle were they converted.

Word based mystic

The Lord showed them that He would reveal Himself through the "leaves of bananas". The interpretation of it all came at a time one day when Olson was "leafing" through his Bible that that was quickened to the chief to be the fulfillment of his dream/vision of the stalks of "banana Leaves".

There is another account of a neighboring warring tribe who were visited by the new born Motilones who God sent to them for their salvation. Though their languages were different the host "enemy" tribe understood every word and by that miracle were they converted.

yes i remember now. thanks.

God can and does speak to anyone He desires.
romans 2:14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts,

Cross Reference

yes i remember now. thanks.

God can and does speak to anyone He desires.
romans 2:14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts,

Absolutely! That is why Jesus said just go and make disciples out of them! For the missionary it should be their "Mars Hill" moment!

Word based mystic

Absolutely! That is why Jesus said just go and make disciples out of them! For the missionary it should be their "Mars Hill" moment!

sometimes i just get overwhelmed by His love for us.

usually i have to get up and go have lunch somewhere public and try and get a conversation started with someone about that.

too much river bottled up inside.

God's Truth

I think PatrickJane's attachment literally speaks volumes. His timing was impeccable with that one, and speaks to us all. I don't want PJ to think I was picking your side in your discussion, even though you did. Please don't accept this post as an invitation for further discussion, GT.

I know you do not like me because I easily rebuke you with God's Truth.
You have been corrected with scripture before when spend your time studying genealogies. What don't you get that God does not care about those things anymore?

1 Timothy 1:3 As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, 4nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. 5But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.…

Instead of you accepting God's Word, you have harbored hate towards me.

God's Truth

Where in the Bible does it say anything about the leaves of bananas?

Cross Reference

sometimes i just get overwhelmed by His love for us.

usually i have to get up and go have lunch somewhere public and try and get a conversation started with someone about that.

too much river bottled up inside.

I understand to realize that looking for conversation is running the risk of being an imposition rather than believing for the Lord to send someone who is hungry for Him and us simply making ourselves available. It took me years to come to grips with that and get away from the traditional preprogramed evangelistic mentality where one "learns" all the answers.

Word based mystic

I understand to realize that looking for conversation is running the risk of being an imposition rather than believing for the Lord to send someone who is hungry for Him and us simply making ourselves available. It took me years to come to grips with that and get away from the traditional preprogramed evangelistic mentality where one "learns" all the answers.

sometimes i stand in line and people start talking to me and i know God designed it. especially when they say things like "i dont know why i am telling you these things about myself"

kayaker

I know you do not like me because I easily rebuke you with God's Truth.
You have been corrected with scripture before when spend your time studying genealogies. What don't you get that God does not care about those things anymore?

Your avatar and signature precede you, GT. God cared about the arrival of Jesus, you obviously don't.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, 4nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. 5But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.…

When you learn to count to 77, "seventy and sevenfold" (Genesis 4:24 KJV), you'll realize this number is not endless genealogies. The 'Jews' await their messiah in endless genealogies, go figure. Jesus' arrival was prophesied in the OT, agreed? Then does it not stand to elementary reason Jesus' arrival generation would be prophesied? Then, count 'em beginning with God is generations #1, Adam generation #2, Seth #3, and so forth. "Seventy and sevenfold" is not endless genealogies. What is endless is your narcism. You remind me of my ex who was awarded as leader of the debate club... she simply shut her ears, turned her volume on max, and ran her words and sentences together at max pace.

Instead of you accepting God's Word, you have harbored hate towards me.

Your narcism precedes you. I proffer anyone who doesn't love you as much as you love yourself, hates you. See if your psychiatrist can offer a medication to slow your rapid cycling mania. Maybe then you can count to 77 in God's Word. Until you can... then 77 generations remains endless. What is endless is your narcism, find a shrink. Better yet, maybe one of these charismatic faith healers have a better option!

God's Truth

Your avatar and signature precede you, GT. God cared about the arrival of Jesus, you obviously don't.
Jesus came, and you go against what he wanted Paul to tell you.
When you learn to count to 77, "seventy and sevenfold" (Genesis 4:24 KJV), you'll realize this number is not endless genealogies.
I already told you what Jesus told Paul about geneologies.

The 'Jews' await their messiah in endless genealogies, go figure. Jesus' arrival was prophesied in the OT, agreed?
What don't you get that Jesus came?
Then does it not stand to elementary reason Jesus' arrival generation would be prophesied? Then, count 'em beginning with God is generations #1, Adam generation #2, Seth #3, and so forth. "Seventy and sevenfold" is not endless genealogies. What is endless is your narcism.
I am telling you what Paul says.

You remind me of my ex who was awarded as leader of the debate club... she simply shut her ears, turned her volume on max, and ran her words and sentences together at max pace.
Your narcism precedes you. I proffer anyone who doesn't love you as much as you love yourself, hates you. See if your psychiatrist can offer a medication to slow your rapid cycling mania. Maybe then you can count to 77 in God's Word. Until you can... then 77 generations remains endless. What is endless is your narcism, find a shrink. Better yet, maybe one of these charismatic faith healers have a better option!
Sounds like you described yourself.

kayaker

You entirely crack me up GTHence. Try to hook-up with Word based magician and see if he can conjure that yellow snake outa your head... he's got more experience with these sorta things, ROFLOL!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You sure show that you are losing it.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six. (*Revelation‬ *13‬:*16-18‬ NASB)

God's Truth

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six. (*Revelation‬ *13‬:*16-18‬ NASB)

It is beyond just being backwards to think that it is of Satan to teach obedience to Christ.

Hawkins

If you pay attention to the KJV translation, you may notice the difference between the singular "tongue" and the plural "tongues". KJV actually translates the singular tongue as a "strange tongue". The true speaking in tongue is the plural tongues spoken during the Pentecost. However much later on, another totally irrelevant tongue (strange tongue) was spoken by the Corinthians. They started to practise this strange tongue inside churches. Paul thus addressed the issue. Basically what Paul said that this strange tongue at best is a prayer said through the spirit which no humans will understand, including the prayer himself. It won't edify anything this way, perhaps the prayer himself. It this kind of prayer through unknown/strange tongue is not intended for humans, then better leave it between the prayer and God.

Paul actually specified how this should be restricted,

1 Cor 14:27-28
If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

Notice that the above verse refers to the singular/strange tongue. However just like the Corinthians in Paul's day, today's tongue (singular) speakers don't follow this teaching. They claim to be filled with the Holy Spirit at the same exact moment they are choosing to disobey what the Bible says. That's the problem.