ECT As many people doubt the scripture regarding speaking in tongues:

Word based mystic

Then why are YOU not healing everyone and raising the dead?

YOU should be clearing out hospitals all over the world. Are YOU?

you perceive faith to be a magic wand.

not so.

some demons could not be cast out but through much prayer and fasting.

We are growing in all areas as Christ matures us in His Love.
ephesians 3:16-19
to my notice the physical healings are a bit minor compared to the inner growth of Gods agape love within us. Are we loving our enemies let alone those who profess Christ and are pursuing him.

loving people with HIS full Love broadens our boldness to see healings.

we have compassion for those who are sick and do like jesus did.

Thy kingdom come they will be done on earth as it is in heaven

this is the prayer and the expectations we have for God to move both through us and physically here on the earth.

coupled with all things are possible with those who believe.

Word based mystic

sometimes paul did not obtain the healing. But either His grace was sufficient or the healing came eventually

Phillipians 2:27 For indeed he was sick to the point of death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow

we contend, growing in faith, love through much trials and tribulation.
and God uses many things to grow our faith.
sometimes the healing doesn't come but through much prayer and fasting as we seek, Knock, ask and pursue.

all a part of us growing in Christ. ephesians 3:16-19

you diminish or eliminate the supernatural/spiritual walk of the christian life through your unbelief and your reliance on earthly, sensual, carnal rationales and knowledge based concepts only.

You miss most of christianity.

For it is the walking in the Spirit that empowers us
not walking in the perfection of knowledge based doctrines.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Others have said this as if it proves or disproves anything.

Why aren't you saving all of the people in the world with Pauls gospel?

See how silly your statement is.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That God's instructions to mankind have changed with His wisdom is clear.

However, there is nothing in scripture that tells us that God's will is to leave us without the powerful spirit that the first century believers utilized to be powerful witnesses of the lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 1:8;4:33

Absolutely.

If fruits were not accompanied by gifts then Christ would not be the same today as yesterday.

Unbelievers refuse to seek the gifts as Paul instructed, but they do not have the fruits anyway.

LA

God's Truth

People like to rip on Pentecostals.

Please give your best scriptural definition of a "Pentecostal"

But why? Where in the scriptures does the word, "Pentecostal" appear?

The apostles and others in the first century believed to manifest the gift of holy spirit.

One of the ways they manifested that gift is by the manifestation of speaking in tongues. Acts 2:4, I Corinthians 14:18 etc.

During the laying of the foundation by the prophets, apostles, and Jesus Christ as chief cornerstone, God testified to what was said with signs, wonders, miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

The foundation has been laid, see Ephesians 2:20.

Speaking in tongues were for a sign to the Jews during the laying of the foundation; consequently, the sign was given and the foundation has been laid. What makes you think speaking in tongues has to be given repeatedly? It was a sign given.

oatmeal

During the laying of the foundation by the prophets, apostles, and Jesus Christ as chief cornerstone, God testified to what was said with signs, wonders, miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

The foundation has been laid, see Ephesians 2:20.

Speaking in tongues were for a sign to the Jews during the laying of the foundation; consequently, the sign was given and the foundation has been laid. What makes you think speaking in tongues has to be given repeatedly? It was a sign given.

Clearly, speaking in tongues is a sign for you

oatmeal

Where does scripture say that I should heal everyone and raising all the dead?

If it does say that, then why are you not healing everyone and raising all the dead?

Where does it say that Jesus Christ or Paul or Peter or any of disciples healed all the sick and raised all the dead?

Maybe you should read scripture without your preconceived notions of what you think it should say.

Right Divider

Body part
you perceive faith to be a magic wand.

not so.

some demons could not be cast out but through much prayer and fasting.

We are growing in all areas as Christ matures us in His Love.
ephesians 3:16-19
to my notice the physical healings are a bit minor compared to the inner growth of Gods agape love within us. Are we loving our enemies let alone those who profess Christ and are pursuing him.

loving people with HIS full Love broadens our boldness to see healings.

we have compassion for those who are sick and do like jesus did.

Thy kingdom come they will be done on earth as it is in heaven

this is the prayer and the expectations we have for God to move both through us and physically here on the earth.

coupled with all things are possible with those who believe.
Poor little mystic, does not believe God's Word.

Peter and the gang healed EVERYONE (physically) in Acts 5.

I was asking why you are not doing the same.

Word based mystic

here is why.

matthew 17:21
Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 21((("But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.")))

we all grow in faith. In many different areas
both in the fruits of the Spirit and the gifts.

it is why we are discipled.

Ephesians 4:15
but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in (all aspects) into Him who is the head, even Christ,

2 Peter 3:18
but grow in the (grace)/{empowerment} and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

the command to pursue and earnestly desire expressions of spiritual gifts shows the pursuing is growing in faith.

it is interesting
the ones who don't and have not done.
lecture and or teach the ones who have and consistently do.

It is Christ whom answers prayers that aren't being asked amiss.

Cross Reference

here is why.

matthew 17:21
Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 21((("But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.")))

we all grow in faith. In many different areas
both in the fruits of the Spirit and the gifts.

it is why we are discipled.

Ephesians 4:15
but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in (all aspects) into Him who is the head, even Christ,

2 Peter 3:18
but grow in the (grace)/{empowerment} and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

the command to pursue and earnestly desire expressions of spiritual gifts shows the pursuing is growing in faith.

it is interesting
the ones who don't and have not done.
lecture and or teach the ones who have and consistently do.

It is Christ whom answers prayers that aren't being asked amiss.

Is it God's "Will" that everyone be healed simply because they asked for healing? Don't you believe God just might have a reason for not healing some, irrespective of their faith?

God's Truth

God testified to the message during the laying of the foundation, He testified to it by having the dead raised, and from causing the blind to see, and causing the paralyzed to walk. God testified to the message during the laying of the foundation, the message does not need to be continually testified to in such a way. The message was testified to and the foundation is laid.

God does still make miracles happen. God still heals. God answers prayers. However, for people to pretend that all is the exact way as it was when the foundation was being laid is just not so.

Word based mystic

Is it God's "Will" that everyone be healed simply because they asked for healing? Don't you believe God just might have a reason for not healing some, irrespective of their faith?

The greater miracles are those that are done in producing eternal character and fruit.. Salvation, Love, peace, self control, faith etc.

Whatever it takes to obtain these fruits we should value as tribulations and trials and welcome (IF) we are sure they are from God.

i know people whom have weaknesses in alcohol or other drugs.

they are fine if they are walking closely in the Spirit and obedience to God. But when they stray the desire comes and it is a measuring stick to their walking in the flesh.

I have a knee that was injured several times as a young adult. It never got healed after much praying and asking. Years.
then I asked God why not my knee? And I felt He told me it was not healed because of my lack of being a good steward over the foods I eat.

I saw a nutritionist and a sports medicine doctor and given certain foods, supplements and methods to address the knee. I also stopped drinking acid cokes and soft drinks.
after 6 months my weak knee became strong. and through maintenance doses I now do anything i want to on that knee.

i also have glasses for a light prescription. and no healing of this.
Which i feel gives me a physical reminder to keep my eyes on heavenly things as well as stay humble in my flesh.

I would also like to be 6 ft + tall but i remain 5 feet 9 inches.

But one note of sickness or dis-ease or demonically inspired afflictions and I go after them with much prayer and fasting.
And in some cases it has taken years before the person got healed with i.e. crohn's disease.

God has many ways of growing us in faith.
The loving pursuit to pray for a persons health always brings about many benefits.

but in the end i aggressively pursue the thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
For he commands and expects us to pray that principal.

perfect health is in heaven and i believe it is the norm that God desires us to be whole (holy) in our body and soul.

yes we will die someday and our body will fail
but until then I take seriously the scripture that tells us
John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

both now and in the life to come.

Word based mystic

another reason i may have glasses

I was asked to be a navy seal shortly after boot camp.
And in the detailed medical exam they found i needed glasses barely.
this kept me from being a navy seal.

which would not in my opinion been a good spiritual path that God wanted me to pursue.

because i was flattered by the offer and would have been a navy seal
instead i remained as a hospital corpsman and then a psychiatric technician.

Right Divider

Body part
God testified to the message during the laying of the foundation, He testified to it by having the dead raised, and from causing the blind to see, and causing the paralyzed to walk. God testified to the message during the laying of the foundation, the message does not need to be continually testified to in such a way. The message was testified to and the foundation is laid.

God does still make miracles happen. God still heals. God answers prayers. However, for people to pretend that all is the exact way as it was when the foundation was being laid is just not so.
When the kingdom comes, everyone in it will be healed of all physical ailments. Just like this foretaste in Acts 5.

Word based mystic

When the kingdom comes, everyone in it will be healed of all physical ailments. Just like this foretaste in Acts 5.

nice doctrine of unbelief.

assumptive premises hinged on lacking/reaffirming scripture

main theme is we are new creation in Christ

our life is in the Spirit. miraculous and every moment a supernatural communion with the Holy Spirit and His empowering us to live a righteous, holy, overcoming life

these signs shall follow those who believe is wrapped up in (those who believe) not exclusive to the apostles.

and we do grow in Grace and knowledge as Christ did here on the earth.

imitate paul as he imitates Christ
Do the things Christ did and greater. greater includes more numerous.

the prophets had miraculous expressions. And they did not have the Holy Spirit within.
Now we do are we less equipped to overcome than they.

Jesus sent his disciples to validate His ministry in signs and wonders.

this is also how paul fully preached the gospel.
romans 15:19 in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

are you saying we no longer are able to fully preach the gospel???

God's Truth

our life is in the Spirit. miraculous and every moment a supernatural communion with the Holy Spirit and His empowering us to live a righteous, holy, overcoming life

these signs shall follow those who believe is wrapped up in (those who believe) not exclusive to the apostles.

the prophets had miraculous expressions. And they did not have the Holy Spirit within.

romans 15:19 in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

God still heals people. God still does miracles in people's lives; however, you know that you are not making those dead come back to life. You know you are not making those born blind see. You know you are not making the paralyzed walk.

Right Divider

Body part
Said by an unbeliever who refuses to believe the scripture.

No, that is your position.

Then why are YOU not healing EVERYONE.
Act 5:16 KJV There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
I guess that you're not doing your job.

Christ had all knowledge, being the Creator. The Lord Jesus Christ did NOT grow in grace; He WAS grace.
Joh 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Nope, I'm saying that there were reasons that Paul and the twelve performed many miracles that you don't understand the when and the why.

I guess that you didn't notice that Paul's miracles ceased by the end of his ministry and he was giving medical advice instead of healing.