ECT As many people doubt the scripture regarding speaking in tongues:

oatmeal

It's irrelevant except as an excuse for unbelief, which you are full of.

Since oatmush is suddenly silent on the subject he mocks, perhaps you might name the nine gifts?

oatmush?

is there an oatmush you are conversing with?

Are you hearing voices in your head?

You can be delivered from those voices if you would believe scripture.

oatmeal

the very foundation and basics of the normal christian life is supernatural in nature.

firstly. christians/born again people are Born again (spiritually)

understanding the scriptures is not a solely mental process
it is a Holy Spirit process.

We as born again are described as a (new creation/creature) in Christ.

Communion with the Holy Spirit is not carnal but supernaturally empowered.

comprehending the Love of God ephesians 3:16-19 describes a spiritual empowerment.

seeing the kingdom and entering the kingdom comes from the born again experience.
1 cor:14:4
praying, edification and communion is spiritually empowered
One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church.

dismissing one expression of the Holy Spirit dismisses them all.

forbid not anyone to speak in tongues.

I personally have spoke in both types of tongues.
1 that indigenous person understood my english speaking in his language.
2 . 1 cor 14:15
What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.
praying and singing is physical expression of our spirit When led by the Holy Spirit.
1 cor 14:14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful.

our life if we are walking in the Spirit is supernatural.
His Spirit was given to us to facilitate the miraculous and supernatural.

you may walk in your carnal, only mental, fleshly, philosophical ways. But it is the Spirit that empowers a christian to live a righteous and empowered life.

fully preaching the gospel is both through word and power.

romans 15:19 by word and deed, in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have (((fully))) preached the gospel of Christ.

Again, it is good to see a believer well informed on this subject

oatmeal

Ever come up with those medical records? How about before and after DNA tests? Or weaning an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic? You are really up there WBM! Jesus walked on water... you levitate! Your posts glorify yourself, typical of tongue speakers arrogantly depicting they have something the great unwashed doesn't have. How about sharing the love and wean an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic, then. How about praying that someone had instantaneous ability to speak a foreign language... Got any cases where an amputee regenerated a limb? I didn't think so. The medical community would be VERY interested, save a lot of surgical reattachments.

I'm a non-believer in the preponderance of your testimony... but, you might provide us a YouTube video of you walking on water. Oughta be a walk in the park for someone who can levitate.

You are thinking on this subject reminds me of those who mocked the apostles on the day of Pentecost.

Peter had a few things to say about your attitude of unbelief

kayaker

You are thinking on this subject reminds me of those who mocked the apostles on the day of Pentecost.

I appreciate your comment, Oatmeal. The only difference was the apostles were inspired. Peter healed a man in Acts 3:2 afflicted with heritable lameness. Do any of you folk have any before and after DNA examples? We have DNA today that makes a mockery out of faith healers. I entirely believe what happened, THEN. I most definitely neither subscribe to your notion, or anyone's else's notion here of tongue-speak. I use translators communicating with the hearing impaired, and those not fluent in English. Care to do a little volunteer work, folks?

Jesus had a few things to say about you folks, too... Matthew 24:11, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26... and, you tell me "behold, he (Christ) is in..." in your church? Tread a little water afoot, then. Show me some DNA. Wean an insulin dependent diabetic... If they were here, today: Jesus COULD, PETER could, Paul COULD!

Jesus told Peter to feed His sheep... that was OT truth and knowledge, btw. And, you heard some of this reflecting on Genesis 9:22 KJV in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Where did the Gentiles come from? But, I suppose such is 'unheard' in your churches, while you magnify yourselves instead of the truth. Forgive me that I'm totally underwhelmed with the lot of you...

Cross Reference

why did you not read the scripture? They are not gifts, they are called the manifestation of the spirit.

I Corinthians 12:7

Where is speaking in tongues referred to as a gift in scripture?

It isn't, so quit calling it a gift.

God does not call it a gift, are you smarter than God?

"Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."
1 Corinthians 12:1-11 (KJV)

What's in yellow is your cherry picked verse that doesn't say it all, does it? You liar.

The gifts are manifestations of the Holy Spirit that you refuse to confess and only wish to make it all go away as being such that you might continue to spew out your cult religious doctrine.

I must be honestly frank: I can't stand people like you. You don't belong on a Christian forum.

kayaker

Furthermore...

I suppose all them folk afflicted with all those horrendous heritable afflictions today simply don't believe, then. It this correct? IT'S THEIR FAULT THEY REMAIN AFFLICTED, and not YOUR FAULT that you can't heal them like Jesus the apostles did. Then I suppose those un-healed great unwashed can mingle in your congregation as unbelievers not having what you folk profess to have, members of the TRUE church. I'll just hang out with the publicans then, since its dark:thirty (John 9:4 KJV). FWIW, the medical community CAN heal leprosy with a script of dapsone, lamprene, and rifampin antibiotics... and the medical community has made tremendous headway in impoverished third-world countries circumventing the devastating sequela of leprosy, which includes blindness in severe cases.

What about you Word based mystic... ever encounter any leprosy? Despite shortcomings, like being unable to levitate or walk on water or speak in tongues; I'll bet a hundred bucks to your two cents the medical community can hop a boat or a plane, engage a translator, and make a mockery of your claim to fame! You're a little late on the scene in that arena. I at least have to give the Catholics credit for sending missionaries to New Guinea to help suppress ritual cannibalism, the root cause for the spread of Kuru.

kayaker

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These gifts are manifestations of Christ Himself through His saints.

While men can have some faith and wisdom etc., they can not do the miraculous through learning scripture.

Nor can they be gifted in more than the Lord wills--

1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

LA

I Corinthians 12:7-11 is the core text here.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

First of all, the word severally is translated from the Greek word idios, which means his own, their own, etc.

of the scores of times this word idios is found in scripture translated his own, etc., the KJV translates it private once and severally once.

Private makes sense but his own would make better sense. II Peter 1:20 is that verse.

The word severally is clearly the elephant in the room.

Why in this place only is idios translated severally? It should not be, it should be "his own"

Thus, "dividing to every man his own as he wills"

the other problem with understanding this verse is that most seem to think that "he" is referring to God.

It is not, it is referring to the man.

It is up to the man to believe to use the nine ways of manifesting the gift of holy spirit.

After all the manifestation is given to every man EVERY MAN for profit withal.

Utilizing the nine is always profitable.

Verses 8-10 is referring to the profit of the manifestations, the profit of it also being the description of the manifestations.

Wisdom is profitable

Knowledge is profitable

Faith, or rather believing is profitable (referring to believing what was learned by receiving the word of knowledge, word of wisdom and discerning of spirits)

Gifts of healings is profitable

Working of miracles is profitable

Prophecy is profitable

Discerning of spirits is profitable

Tongues is profitable

the interpretation of tongues is profitable.

All people who have receieve the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit have the ability to profit in those nine ways.

However, for the profits to be received, the believer must learn from scripture what scripture teaches of how to manifest those nine functions available to all believers

Victor Paul Wierwille is the one who wrote the book on "receiving the holy spirit today" His book takes a very detailed look at this subject.

Anyone who has not read it, is missing a treasure trove of clear, accurate teaching on this subject.

If all else fails, read the instructions.

You went to a lot of trouble to deny clear passages of scripture, which show the believers are only able to be gifted in those things the Lord has gifted them with.

Believers are not able to manifest all of the gifts as they will, but only as the Lord wills.---

1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Furthermore...

I suppose all them folk afflicted with all those horrendous heritable afflictions today simply don't believe, then. It this correct? IT'S THEIR FAULT THEY REMAIN AFFLICTED, and not YOUR FAULT that you can't heal them like Jesus the apostles did. Then I suppose those un-healed great unwashed can mingle in your congregation as unbelievers not having what you folk profess to have, members of the TRUE church. I'll just hang out with the publicans then, since its dark:thirty (John 9:4 KJV). FWIW, the medical community CAN heal leprosy with a script of dapsone, lamprene, and rifampin antibiotics... and the medical community has made tremendous headway in impoverished third-world countries circumventing the devastating sequela of leprosy, which includes blindness in severe cases.

What about you Word based mystic... ever encounter any leprosy? Despite shortcomings, like being unable to levitate or walk on water or speak in tongues; I'll bet a hundred bucks to your two cents the medical community can hop a boat or a plane, engage a translator, and make a mockery of your claim to fame! You're a little late on the scene in that arena. I at least have to give the Catholics credit for sending missionaries to New Guinea to help suppress ritual cannibalism, the root cause for the spread of Kuru.

kayaker

Kayaker,

Believers have the expectation that the Lord will do today what He did yesterday when they ask Him, whether they see it now or in the future, it makes no difference to faith.

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

You will likely misunderstand that verse as most do.

LA

Word based mystic

You went to a lot of trouble to deny clear passages of scripture, which show the believers are only able to be gifted in those things the Lord has gifted them with.

Believers are not able to manifest all of the gifts as they will, but only as the Lord wills.---

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

LA

thanks for all the hard work and time to lay these out

i will use it.

Word based mystic

Furthermore...

kayaker

to be gentle and yet serious on your question to me kaya.
I already have told a couple of miraculous things the Lord has answered prayers to. On a trip down the amazon to the urarina tribe
my wife and I prayed for our guides left eye, which was totally covered with cataracts and milky white substance from his continual reflection on the water of the amazon. after praying 10 minutes He opened his eye and started screaming.. he could see clearly for the first time in 5 years. all the milky substance was gone.

as to the other miracles. even if i told you more you would probably not believe.

I and our fellowships have no desires for worldwide attention. And most of the believing fellowships I am familiar with that have similar faith would find it repulsive to make Gods intimate love gifts of healings to an individual a spectacle to the news or media.

you either believe the scriptures and do what Jesus did and the disciples did or not.

romans 15:19 in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

oatmeal

I already have told a couple of miraculous things the Lord has answered prayers to. On a trip down the amazon to the urarina tribe
my wife and I prayed for our guides left eye, which was totally covered with cataracts and milky white substance from his continual reflection on the water of the amazon. after praying 10 minutes He opened his eye and started screaming.. he could see clearly for the first time in 5 years. all the milky substance was gone.

as to the other miracles. even if i told you more you would probably not believe.

I and our fellowships have no desires for worldwide attention. And most of the believing fellowships I am familiar with that have similar faith would find it repulsive to make Gods intimate love gifts of healings to an individual a spectacle to the news or media.

you either believe the scriptures and do what Jesus did and the disciples did or not.

romans 15:19 in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Those type of things are what we are supposed to be doing as believers. I am thrilled that you are genuinely believing God to see His power and healing ability work in people's lives.

Aimiel

Amen. :thumb:

oatmeal

LA

The "another: is a pronoun which draws its meaning from the nearest antecedent noun. That noun which "another" is referring to is not a person but "profit" from verse 7

All believers have the God given ability to do all nine, but it is up to the believer to will, to will by mature and deliberate choice, to believe to do what God wants them to do. which is to use all nine

kayaker

Kayaker,

Believers have the expectation that the Lord will do today what He did yesterday when they ask Him, whether they see it now or in the future, it makes no difference to faith.

Hey LA!

I see it in the future, you see it today. So, who needs the second advent, when one can have it all today? The last time I looked, there weren't any faith-healings going on in the ICU, at least not as proposed by the Pentecostals, more and less. Anyone in your church with a hip or knee replaced? Are there any who take any kind of prescribed or OTC medications, lately? Get vaccinations? I suppose those must be unbelievers, then. Pop a vessel in your noodle... and, with more than a little 'luck', wake up in an ICU. I hope your fellow members have the unction to call 911... but, certainly lay on hands in the meanwhile, unless CPR is indicated, and chest compressions are a form of laying on hands, btw.

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

You will likely misunderstand that verse as most do.

LA

I'll take a shot at it, LA. Please consider said mountain beginning with Matthew 17:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Through Jesus' healing miracle of the epileptic boy (inherited) in Matthew 17:15, 16, the deficient faith of His disciples was exemplified being they were absent the Holy Spirit. I do render a sort of 'transfiguration' at Pentecost, having 'moved' the aforementioned 'mountain' to said location. Peter healed the heritably stricken lame man in Acts 3:2 KJV, evidence, thereof.

Jesus healed heritable illnesses, Peter did, Paul did... but, the faith-healers make a mockery of the utter magnificence of these truly divine, genetic miracles. That is... unless you can show me the before and after DNA that we do have today. Today, Jesus would, Peter and Paul would... so, what's the hold-up? Either these victims of heritable illnesses don't have faith enough to be healed; or, maybe it's dark:30 John 9:1, 2, 3, John 9:4 KJV, John 9:5; and, we bear such crosses until His second advent.

I'm listening...

kayaker

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey LA!

I see it in the future, you see it today. So, who needs the second advent, when one can have it all today? The last time I looked, there weren't any faith-healings going on in the ICU, at least not as proposed by the Pentecostals, more and less. Anyone in your church with a hip or knee replaced? Are there any who take any kind of prescribed or OTC medications, lately? Get vaccinations? I suppose those must be unbelievers, then. Pop a vessel in your noodle... and, with more than a little 'luck', wake up in an ICU. I hope your fellow members have the unction to call 911... but, certainly lay on hands in the meanwhile, unless CPR is indicated, and chest compressions are a form of laying on hands, btw.

I'll take a shot at it, LA. Please consider said mountain beginning with Matthew 17:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Through Jesus' healing miracle of the epileptic boy (inherited) in Matthew 17:15, 16, the deficient faith of His disciples was exemplified being they were absent the Holy Spirit. I do render a sort of 'transfiguration' at Pentecost, having 'moved' the aforementioned 'mountain' to said location. Peter healed the heritably stricken lame man in Acts 3:2 KJV, evidence, thereof.

Jesus healed heritable illnesses, Peter did, Paul did... but, the faith-healers make a mockery of the utter magnificence of these truly divine, genetic miracles. That is... unless you can show me the before and after DNA that we do have today. Today, Jesus would, Peter and Paul would... so, what's the hold-up? Either these victims of heritable illnesses don't have faith enough to be healed; or, maybe it's dark:30 John 9:1, 2, 3, John 9:4 KJV, John 9:5; and, we bear such crosses until His second advent.

I'm listening...

kayaker

There are many testimonies about of Christ healing people today.

There are not all false.

Try the book "Kicked out of the Kingdom".

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The "another: is a pronoun which draws its meaning from the nearest antecedent noun. That noun which "another" is referring to is not a person but "profit" from verse 7

All believers have the God given ability to do all nine, but it is up to the believer to will, to will by mature and deliberate choice, to believe to do what God wants them to do. which is to use all nine

No.

You present a recipe for failure and disappointment for many.

LA

kayaker

So, you're casting yellow snakes out of those folk, then? No... I don't believe you. I do believe the Scriptures, though: John 9:4 KJV, DARK:THIRTY. I also believe Jesus:

Matthew 24:24 KJV "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders, insomuch that if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

Obviously dark:30 had arrived. And, you think I should believe you? The darkness is also necessary to shine a light on the fact that you've no DNA evidence, no regenerated limbs or fingers, no weaning an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic, no healing of leprosy, no healing of inherited neurodegenerative disorders, no healing of heritable hemophilia. Even Jesus said:

John 10:37, 38, KJV "If I do not the works of my Father (John 8:1, 2, 3, John 8:4 KJV, John 8:5), believe not me. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him."

Jesus was a genetic healer (John 9:1, 2, 3, John 9:4 KJV, John 9:5). Peter was a genetic healer (Acts 3:2 KJV). Is that a problem for you? Show me the DNA, simple enough? Open up a cataract clinic, here or yon. Neither Jesus, nor Peter could escape the multitudes! But, for some peculiar reason, I haven't heard of any outpouring of genetic restorations in your neck of the jungle!

Peter, James and John witnessed Jesus' transfiguration (Matthew 17:2 KJV), Paul saw the light on the road to Damascus... I think you skipped a step seeing the light through a mirror.

kayaker

kayaker

There are many testimonies about of Christ healing people today.

There are not all false.

Try the book "Kicked out of the Kingdom".

LA

Try the Book of John 9:1, 2, 3, John 9:4 KJV, John 9:5, DARK:30. Try the Book of Acts 3:2 KJV. The Books of the NT tell me Jesus was a genetic healer. My books tell me to look at before and after DNA tests, have a 'non-believer' third party duplicate the process with the same results, and submit said findings to professional peer review.

If there's ONE you can provide before and after DNA tests, hand it over. Otherwise, reconsider Matthew 24:24 KJV. There are plenty of Christians in healthcare who have saved lives... but, no DNA reconstruction, no limb regenerations, no retinal regenerations, no pancreatic islet cell regeneration (diabetes)... You folks have a vested interest in your results, your very salvation paradigm depends on it. If you can't heal someone's DNA... well? I almost forgot... its THEIR unbelief, NOT your incapacity. So, I wouldn't say that's an unbiased observer! Hand over the DNA, or walk on water. Are you interested in investing in my demon dialysis machine? How about an IV baptism with holy water?

You folks believe what you want to believe, because you saved yourselves with your faith in yourselves.

When Word based mystic can heal the inherited blindness, retinitis pigmentosa, and you can reverse the miracle... let me know. But, you might want to be on a boat off the shore... somewhere in the Amazon.

kayaker

Word based mystic

So, you're casting yellow snakes out of those folk, then? No... I don't believe you. I do believe the Scriptures, though: John 9:4 KJV, DARK:THIRTY. I also believe Jesus:

Matthew 24:24 KJV "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders, insomuch that if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

Obviously dark:30 had arrived. And, you think I should believe you? The darkness is also necessary to shine a light on the fact that you've no DNA evidence, no regenerated limbs or fingers, no weaning an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic, no healing of leprosy, no healing of inherited neurodegenerative disorders, no healing of heritable hemophilia. Even Jesus said:

John 10:37, 38, KJV "If I do not the works of my Father (John 8:1, 2, 3, John 8:4 KJV, John 8:5), believe not me. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him."

Jesus was a genetic healer (John 9:1, 2, 3, John 9:4 KJV, John 9:5). Peter was a genetic healer (Acts 3:2 KJV). Is that a problem for you? Show me the DNA, simple enough? Open up a cataract clinic, here or yon. Neither Jesus, nor Peter could escape the multitudes! But, for some peculiar reason, I haven't heard of any outpouring of genetic restorations in your neck of the jungle!

Peter, James and John witnessed Jesus' transfiguration (Matthew 17:2 KJV), Paul saw the light on the road to Damascus... I think you skipped a step seeing the light through a mirror.

kayaker

your points of contention seem very personal in relation to people you know that have conditions.

I only mention testimonies where I have at least 3 witnesses.

once again your doctrine rests on your lack of experience
mine rests on both obvious scriptures relating to signs that will follow (((those who believe))).

as well as actual personal and corporate experiences.

scripture validates my experiences as within the realm of norm in previous supernatural experiences in scripture.

our testimonies also are one of the things scripture relates as a means to triumph over the enemy. rev 12:11

Word based mystic

Kayaker.
in the 80's I was a psychiatric technician in the navy
as well as a corpsman which is equivalent to modern day physicians assistant.

I understand your medical assumptions

but your suppositions contradict scriptures that relate to the asking and receiving principles of scripture.
we do not receive because we ask amiss.

but if we ask in his unction and Spirit guidance we receive.