ECT As many people doubt the scripture regarding speaking in tongues:

oatmeal

What language did they hear miraculously spoken?

Excuse me?

How would I know?

For that matter, if you had read or maybe paid attention to I Corinthians 12:7-11,

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

you would have noticed that speaking in tongues is not a miracle.

Speaking in tongues is speaking in tongues.

Miracles are miracles

Discerning of spirits is not miracles nor speaking in tongues it is discerning of spirits

I had to learn all that as well, don't beat yourself up, I was taught by the best.

oatmeal

Tongues are just different languages that the other people easily UNDERSTOOD

in Acts 2.

And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Yes, that is right, that is what scriptures read

It was other people that understood the languages that the apostles spoke as the Spirit gave them the utterance.

The speaker in tongues does not know the language, but that does not mean that someone in a meeting who knows other languages would not be able to understand it, if that language they knew was spoken in tongues.

I have had that experience, it was quite cool, what little I understood was definitely speaking the wonderful works of God.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a negative sign to unbelievers because they can't understand foreign tongues

Acts 2

8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.”

kayaker

Acts 2

8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.”

Bingo! And, I'd say that's a bit of a miracle... speaking in tongues.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Yes, that is right, that is what scriptures read

It was other people that understood the languages that the apostles spoke as the Spirit gave them the utterance.

The speaker in tongues does not know the language, but that does not mean that someone in a meeting who knows other languages would not be able to understand it, if that language they knew was spoken in tongues.

I have had that experience, it was quite cool, what little I understood was definitely speaking the wonderful works of God.

In Reality Today, People Do Not Understand Jibberish, When The Holy Spirit Speak Through Us, We Should Hear Clearly. Unfortunately, Nobody In Earshot Comprehends A Word. I Know A Translator, I Hear What They Hear, Jibberish. Do Not Question the Power Of The Spirit, I Do Not, I Doubt Men.

View attachment 19438

musterion

Also, which of you penties wants to address why was there no gift of interpreting tongues present at Pentecost...only the gift of tongues itself?

And why were the gifts of speaking in tongues AND interpreting tongues found at Corinth?

oatmeal

Where does Paul say that?

Acts 2:38 it is a gift, not wages.

Peter said it there

God had Paul write it in Ephesians 2:8-9,

Romans 5:15-21;8:2-17,26;

I Corinthians 12:2-3;2:9-3:3,16

Galatians 3:5,4:5-11,5:5-26

Those are a few places that show that the gift of eternal life/holy spirit/salvation is God's way of giving us the ability to rise up to become spiritually minded.

oatmeal

Yeah. How would you.

I wasn't there for one thing.

Another thing, I am not fluent in all the tongues of men and of angels. I Corinthians 13:1

Are you? Would you have known what languages were spoken?

Seeing you condescend to my lowly estate, you should be able to tell me, not me telling you.

oatmeal

Bingo! And, I'd say that's a bit of a miracle... speaking in tongues.

Miracles are miracles

Healing is healing

word of knowledge is word of knowledge

speaking in tongues is speaking in tongues

See I Corinthians 12:7-11

There is the list of the nine ways and profits of manifesting the gift of holy spirit

However, in the case of Acts 2, both speaking and tongues and a miracle were involved, for there is no guarantee that when someone speaks in tongues others there will be able to understand the language spoken

oatmeal

In Reality Today, People Do Not Understand Jibberish, When The Holy Spirit Speak Through Us, We Should Hear Clearly. Unfortunately, Nobody In Earshot Comprehends A Word. I Know A Translator, I Hear What They Hear, Jibberish. Do Not Question the Power Of The Spirit, I Do Not, I Doubt Men.

View attachment 19438

I am not sure what you just said there, but speaking in tongues is speaking in tongues, it is a commandment of the Lord, I Corinthians 14:5

oatmeal

Then it was never a gift of tongues but a gift of ears.

See, words mean things.

Like I AM means Christ is the God of the Old Testament, before Whom you will stand in judgment.

Speaking in tongues is not a gift.

It is one way of manifesting the gift of eternal life/holy spirit/salvation.

I Corinthians 12:7-11

oatmeal

Also, which of you penties wants to address why was there no gift of interpreting tongues present at Pentecost...only the gift of tongues itself?

And why were the gifts of speaking in tongues AND interpreting tongues found at Corinth?

Not being a "pentie" but a follower of the Way, I am not going to answer your question.

john w

Hall of Fame
john you have so, so much to learn, I would have to give much thought to where to start with you.

But first you would have to learn James 1:21 and learn how to apply it in your life.

That would might be the toughest task you have ever taken on so far in your life.

More Oprah, stock cliches, from another Christ rejector, as TOL laughs at you, in your attempts to be oh so "reflective," and "sweet," and "genuine," and a "wise counselor." The devil taught you that schtick.