Who will answer my questions?

oatmeal

A man would only be able to pay for his own sins through his death (separation from God, as opposed to separation from his body). A mere man could not pay once for the sin of all mankind, past, present, and future.

The wages of sin is death. Not physical death, where the spirit is separated from the body, but spiritual death, separation from God. It wouldn't be much of a punishment if you sin and then are separated only for an arbitrary amount of time and then let back into the presence of God. This is contrasted in that verse by the gift of God, which is eternal life, or endless communion with God.

You are correct in saying only a man could pay for a man's sin. That's why God the Son became a man and died on the cross, to pay for all of mankind's sin. He had to be sinless, or else He would only be able to pay for his own sin, and no one else's. The only one who is sinless and who has the ability to remain sinless even in the face of trials and temptation is God. If Jesus were only a mere man, and not God, He most likely would have sinned well before he reached the age of 30, thereby rendering Himself unable to save anyone but Himself.

Read Romans 5 (and note the difference between "man" and "Man"):
Spoiler
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;and perseverance, character; and character, hope.Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—(For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:1-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans5:1-21&version=NKJV

When we read any version of God's word, we must remember it is what? A version.

It is not the original, nor was it translated from the original. It was, at best, translated from copies that may or may not have been copied correctly from older copies.

The Old Greek texts did have some words capitalized and others not.

Thus any capitalization in the version you are reading is private interpretation.

Thus to capitalize Man or not to capitalize man is private interpretation.

If you are a thinker, you know where I am going with this

For that matter, what is it that you think makes man "mere"?

God called the work He put into producing Adam and Eve what?

a. mere

b. crappy

c. very good

d. what was I thinking?

God's Adam and Eve God called "very good"

Who,may I ask, are you to contradict God and call what He calls "very good" mere?

You know what you stupidity, your absolute arrogance is so profound and offensive, I am done with you.

Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous

popsthebuilder

When we read any version of God's word, we must remember it is what? A version.

It is not the original, nor was it translated from the original. It was, at best, translated from copies that may or may not have been copied correctly from older copies.

The Old Greek texts did have some words capitalized and others not.

Thus any capitalization in the version you are reading is private interpretation.

Thus to capitalize Man or not to capitalize man is private interpretation.

If you are a thinker, you know where I am going with this

For that matter, what is it that you think makes man "mere"?

God called the work He put into producing Adam and Eve what?

a. mere

b. crappy

c. very good

d. what was I thinking?

God's Adam and Eve God called "very good"

Who,may I ask, are you to contradict God and call what He calls "very good" mere?

You know what you stupidity, your absolute arrogance is so profound and offensive, I am done with you.

Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous

(that is uncalled for and disheartening to hear from you)

oatmeal

I am not the teacher you seek. You need to find someone who will take time to explain it to you. It is not that I disrespect you, for the problem is me; I have a hard time writing long explanations.

My advice; ask AMR about the hypostatic union, then if you wish another opinion, ask Clete, next time he is on TOL to explain the nature of Jesus to you. You might ask Knight.

Best I can do for you

So which is it?

a. God is not a human

b. Jesus is 100 % God

For that matter, was Moses a god or not?

Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Was he god or not?

You are right, God is not a human, so how can God tell Moses that God made Moses a god.

Your definition of the word "theos" or "elohim" ie, god is the problem

It is far too narrow

If you are looking for an evening dress, and go into a dress shop and ask to see evening dresses, the salespeople can point you to evening dresses. But not all dresses are evening gowns, are they?

To say that the word dress means evening gown is far too narrow to be useful in general

Likewise, the word "god" as theologians of the trinitarian persuasion have used "god" is far too narrow to be used in Biblical studies. For scripture speaks of men being gods and other objects of worship, ie, idols, being gods.

A better definition is "an object or being that is deemed (truly or falsely) superior in any way and worthy of greater respect than others" That definition is broad enough to cover most if not all uses of the word "god" in scripture.

Until trinitarians are willing to really look at scripture instead of their threeology, they will continue to believe error instead of truth

oatmeal

(that is uncalled for and disheartening to hear from you)

What God calls very good you are willing to call "mere"

Well, I see you have no problem disrespecting God either.

Why not learn to love God instead of disrespecting him?

God made man capable of loving and serving him perfectly. That is how good God's design is.

What man chooses to do is man's problem

That does not make God's design mere, it makes man's lack of good judgement his error

Man is not mere, man is "very good"

Why don't you tell God that His design work is crappy?

You think you are going to win any points with God?

God is good always and His design for man is very good

God's Truth

Because he is a human being that was had the spirit set upon him like prophets before him.

Remember when John baptized him? That is when Jesus Christ received the spirit upon him.

All humans have a spirit within them. Jesus' spirit within him is the Holy Spirit of the Father come as a man's.

The Holy Spirit was given to Jesus with power when he was baptized.

The Holy Spirit isn't limited to one place or only in one person.

popsthebuilder

What God calls very good you are willing to call "mere"

Well, I see you have no problem disrespecting God either.

Why not learn to love God instead of disrespecting him?
You need to check yourself.

I love GOD.

We as believers are instructed by Jesus the Christ of GOD to not call any a fool and to be eager to explain the reasons, opinions, and effects of our faith to any.

Show me how I disrespected GOD by attempting to remind you of the direction of GOD.

are you turned against me so easily due to a minor rebuke? If I didn't care for you then I would have let it ride.

I'm not offended so much as surprised. And not surprised so much as disappointed.

But I'm not your righteous judge and my opinion won't make or break you. I'm not really speaking opinion though; I'm reiterating the Word of GOD found within sacred scripture. Take it how you want, though I would much prefer you took it as intended, which is a reminder of your own love of GOD and as such; all creation, and your neighbor, not just your brother.

Being on the defensive for excess amounts of time can take its toll on you. Please understand that my words were not an agreement with those whom you called stupid.

God's Truth

If he is God, why would he need to given all power and authority?
Because he came as a Man.
Unless there is a greater God than he who has more power and authority and has some to spare to give to him.

Which option do you prefer?

Which option can you substantiate with scripture?

Who gave Jesus all power and authority? Why?

God came as a Man. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

The Almighty God the Father can do anything He wants, and He came as a Man.

God's Truth

Where does it say that He became a man?

Not John 1:14, John 1:14 does not say "God became a man" it says "the word became flesh"

What is "the word"?

Word is logos, logos means message, the message became flesh.

I would rather see a sermon than hear one. You ever read that poem?

Becoming flesh is to become man.

God's Truth

What does that verse say that he emptied himself of?

Maybe the context tells us?

Philippians 2

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

One theme running through the context is what we, including Jesus Christ think

Did Jesus puff himself up? Should we?

Did Jesus come to be ministered to or to minister? Should we come to be ministered to or to minister?

Did Jesus exalt himself being full of pride or humble himself?

Should we exalt ourselves being full of pride or humble ourselves?

Did Jesus Christ choose to lord it over people or to serve?

Should we choose to lord it over people or to serve?

Jesus IS the Lord.

We have to bow to Jesus.

We have to live to please Jesus.

We have to obey his commands.

God's Truth

Where you make your mistakes is believing God is a person. Jesus became flesh some 2000 years ago, yet he has always existed. God, 'the father' is not older than God 'the son' and as confusing as this seems, it has been well understood by theologians for centuries.

You trinitarians don't seem to say the same things about your doctrine.

God's Truth

You said God is not human.

But Jesus is human.

Therefore Jesus cannot be God.

Which is it?

God is not human or God is human?

God is spirit. John 4:24

Try to remember that.

All humans are FLESH and SPIRIT.

We are our spirit.

Our flesh is our tent.

When our flesh dies, our spirits live on with our thoughts and feelings.

Jesus says the flesh accounts for nothing.

He is explaining that we are our spirit.

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God the Father come as a Man.

God's Truth

Where does it say in scripture that only if God himself die that our sins could be paid for?

God is just, the sins of man had to be paid for by a man.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

Only God's blood can do what Jesus did.

God's Truth

So which is it?

a. God is not a human

b. Jesus is 100 % God

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Was he god or not?

You are right, God is not a human, so how can God tell Moses that God made Moses a god.

It is far too narrow

If you are looking for an evening dress, and go into a dress shop and ask to see evening dresses, the salespeople can point you to evening dresses. But not all dresses are evening gowns, are they?

To say that the word dress means evening gown is far too narrow to be useful in general

Likewise, the word "god" as theologians of the trinitarian persuasion have used "god" is far too narrow to be used in Biblical studies. For scripture speaks of men being gods and other objects of worship, ie, idols, being gods.

A better definition is "an object or being that is deemed (truly or falsely) superior in any way and worthy of greater respect than others" That definition is broad enough to cover most if not all uses of the word "god" in scripture.

Until trinitarians are willing to really look at scripture instead of their threeology, they will continue to believe error instead of truth

I hope that you when discussing with me remember I am not a trinitarian.

glorydaz

Good thing you are not the judge of mankind

Neither you nor I was the author of scripture. God is

Which statement of hers is in error?

a. God is not human

b. Jesus is 100% God

What is the answer?

Haha....neither of them is in error. She is one clever cookie and you bit. :rotfl:

Spiritual things are clearly over your head....out of your league.

You are carnal....unable to understand spiritual things.

I rest my case.

glorydaz

All humans are FLESH and SPIRIT.

We are our spirit.

Our flesh is our tent.

Right, except for Jesus. He was not like other men in every way....according to God's UNtruth. :doh:

I guess her claim is that it was the HOLY SPIRIT here who groaned and was troubled, instead of our Lord's own human spirit. "Who knoweth the things of a man except the spirit of man that is in Him?"

John 11:32-34
32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled. 34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.​

Our Lord Jesus Christ well knew the things of man AND the things of God. He was both in all ways.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So which is it?

a. God is not a human

b. Jesus is 100 % God

Was he god or not?

It is far too narrow

Until trinitarians are willing to really look at scripture instead of their theology, they will continue to believe error instead of truth

All of this you say is very mixed up. You really need to talk to a minister. Do you know what a minister is for? They are there to help you follow God's word. Do not try to do it yourself. You need to have someone more educated and one called to preach to set you straight on your thinking.

oatmeal

Haha....neither of them is in error. She is one clever cookie and you bit. :rotfl:

Spiritual things are clearly over your head....out of your league.

You are carnal....unable to understand spiritual things.

I rest my case.

Rest your case forever if you want.

That does not change the truth of scripture

You cannot answer my question either because you cannot have both statements be true.

oatmeal

All of this you say is very mixed up. You really need to talk to a minister. Do you know what a minister is for? They are there to help you follow God's word. Do not try to do it yourself. You need to have someone more educated and one called to preach to set you straight on your thinking.

Oh, the usual, he's got me over a barrel, he is actually has truth and scriptural logic, and I have none so oatmeal gets to be insulted instead of replied to.

Nice job of Biblical studies.