Who will answer my questions?

God's Truth

She is only able to understand God in anthropomorphic terms. She, along with others, have limited understanding and incapable of developing the mental means to apprehend the nature of God to the slightest extent. Persons like her should follow the teachings of more intelligent and qualified theologians, but she lacks the ego strength to admit she has limited comprehension; she is unable be honest with herself and seek those who know. Her inability to accept her limitations disables her from having the courage to place her faith in those who are able to lead her towards salvation.

This is the sin nature of willful ignorance.

We all have access to a Bible. We do not have to go to others to teach us.

Jesus teaches those who obey him.

glorydaz

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father.

The Bible makes a distinction between the Father and the Holy Spirit. The Father sent the Holy Spirit into the world. The Comforter (Holy Spirit), the Spirit of truth, is DISTINCT from the Father. No matter how many times you say otherwise, you can never change what is so clearly written.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

Jesus' man spirit is the Holy Spirit come as a Man's spirit.

:doh: The Holy Spirit never came as man's spirit. Every man has a spirit and it is not divine. It is merely that part of man (inner man) which communes with the Spirit of God.

Why did you highlight Jesus groaning?

Where do you ever get that Jesus' Spirit being the Holy Spirit come as a Man's spirit would cause him not to know his groans?

That is your silly idea....not mine. Don't you dare claim I ever stated such nonsense. :down:

Jesus' human spirit groaned at the sorrow of his friends....just as Paul's spirit stirred within him before his speech at Mars Hill.

Fix your silly nonsensical unsupported "facts" before you even attempt to move on to higher ground.

glorydaz

She is only able to understand God in anthropomorphic terms. She, along with others, have limited understanding and incapable of developing the mental means to apprehend the nature of God to the slightest extent. Persons like her should follow the teachings of more intelligent and qualified theologians, but she lacks the ego strength to admit she has limited comprehension; she is unable be honest with herself and seek those who know. Her inability to accept her limitations disables her from having the courage to place her faith in those who are able to lead her towards salvation.

Indeed....PRIDE. She has plenty of teachers right here on TOL, but she refuses to listen.

Proverbs 26:12
Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.​

popsthebuilder

Right. You just don't have time to support what you say with a verse from the Bible. :nono:
No; actually I had to make a road trip. But i've arrived now.

I'll keep this simple and brief to start as I really must get sleep regardless of if you imagine I'm lying or not.

1 Corinthians 10: 4. And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 7. Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 9. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 14. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15. I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

(you know well that Christ is the Holy Spirit; we have the old testament as an example of the Spirit working in all sorts of fashions without the body of a man. We have many cases of and axplanations of idolatry conflating creation with all mighty GOD.

GOD is spirit and the vessel or temple is just that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You haven't disproved anything. You just have no understanding.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

God the Father came as a Son.

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

God as a Man obeyed.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Since he obeyed, the Father gave him the highest place.

So God gave Himself the highest place?

Complete heresy.

LA

glorydaz

No; actually I had to make a road trip. But i've arrived now.

I'll keep this simple and brief to start as I really must get sleep regardless of if you imagine I'm lying or not.

1 Corinthians 10: 4. And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 7. Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 9. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 14. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15. I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

(you know well that Christ is the Holy Spirit; we have the old testament as an example of the Spirit working in all sorts of fashions without the body of a man. We have many cases of and axplanations of idolatry conflating creation with all mighty GOD.

GOD is spirit and the vessel or temple is just that.

Nope. You have no more understanding of what is written than your mentor, God's UNtruth.

oatmeal

Of course they can't be true to a man of the flesh.

But, true they are, nontheless.

God is not man.

Jesus is 100% man.

It's a riddle you will never solve until you believe what is written in the Bible.

Well, since you believe that God can contradict himself or that truth somehow can contradict itself, you need more basic understanding truth and logic than discussing who God is and isn't and who the son of God is and isn't

First, God does not contradict himself.

For instance that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit.

The flesh profits nothing, the spirit is what is profitable.

Until a person ceases to value facts and theories and turns to the truth, they remain unprofitable.

Only when a person starts to believe that God knows what He is talking about then a person can start learning.

Take another example, why would Jesus need to be GIVEN all authority and power? Because he had no authority and power. Do you have any authority and power? I have authority and power, Acts 1:8, Philippians 4:13. etc

Why was I given authority and power? Because I needed it to fulfill God's will in my life and since I had no spiritual authority and power, God gave to me spiritual authority and power.

Jesus Christ needed authority and power to do the Father's will, and since Jesus had none, God gave him all the apiritual authority and power he needed to fulfill God's will for his life.

But until that power and authority was given to him, he had none.

That is why it was given to him, because he had none.

Just like the truths in God's word that apply to us give us all the power and authority we need in life, even so, Jesus Christ's power and authority came from those scriptures that applied to him.

He learned them and believed them and lived them

When anyone decides to learn the scriptures that pertain to them and apply them they demonstrate the power and authority that God has prepared for them sinc the world began. Ephesians 1:3-4

oatmeal

I am not insulting by helping you get spiritual advice, How does that insult you?:confused:

Well, there is nothing erroneous about believing that Jesus is not "God the Son" but as scripture says many times, the son of God.

Since trinitarians choose to believe error, it is you, not me, that needs to learn scripture and how to rightly divide it.

Take for instance, I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Who is the one mediator between God and men according to scripture?

a. the God the Son Christ Jesus

b. the second person of the holy trinity Christ Jesus

c. the fully God/fully man Christ Jesus

d. the man Christ Jesus

Only "d" is the scriptural answer.

all of the others listed are not found in scripture. They are false.

Since I believe what I Timothy 2:5 states and you do not, it is you who are blind, not me.

It is you who needs me to teach you what scripture says on this subject

Until James 1:21 becomes truth in your life, your life will continue to be filled with filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness.

That is not an insult, that is the truth.

glorydaz

Spoiler
Well, since you believe that God can contradict himself or that truth somehow can contradict itself, you need more basic understanding truth and logic than discussing who God is and isn't and who the son of God is and isn't

First, God does not contradict himself.

For instance that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit.

The flesh profits nothing, the spirit is what is profitable.

Until a person ceases to value facts and theories and turns to the truth, they remain unprofitable.

Only when a person starts to believe that God knows what He is talking about then a person can start learning.

Take another example, why would Jesus need to be GIVEN all authority and power? Because he had no authority and power. Do you have any authority and power? I have authority and power, Acts 1:8, Philippians 4:13. etc

Why was I given authority and power? Because I needed it to fulfill God's will in my life and since I had no spiritual authority and power, God gave to me spiritual authority and power.

Jesus Christ needed authority and power to do the Father's will, and since Jesus had none, God gave him all the apiritual authority and power he needed to fulfill God's will for his life.

But until that power and authority was given to him, he had none.

That is why it was given to him, because he had none.

Spoiler
Just like the truths in God's word that apply to us give us all the power and authority we need in life, even so, Jesus Christ's power and authority came from those scriptures that applied to him.

He learned them and believed them and lived them

When anyone decides to learn the scriptures that pertain to them and apply them they demonstrate the power and authority that God has prepared for them sinc the world began. Ephesians 1:3-4

Right...He was God and was with God from the beginning, but He had no power or authority.

He created all things, but He had no power or authority.

He was the Power and the Wisdom of God, but He had no power or authority.

You need to rethink your faulty premise.

You might want to start with what authority Jesus was talking about.

Seriously Oats, you'll have to do better than this if you want anyone to take you the least bit seriously. :nono:

glorydaz

Spoiler
Well, there is nothing erroneous about believing that Jesus is not "God the Son" but as scripture says many times, the son of God.

Since trinitarians choose to believe error, it is you, not me, that needs to learn scripture and how to rightly divide it.

Take for instance, I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Who is the one mediator between God and men according to scripture?

a. the God the Son Christ Jesus

b. the second person of the holy trinity Christ Jesus

c. the fully God/fully man Christ Jesus

d. the man Christ Jesus

Only "d" is the scriptural answer.

all of the others listed are not found in scripture. They are false.

Since I believe what I Timothy 2:5 states and you do not, it is you who are blind, not me.

It is you who needs me to teach you what scripture says on this subject

Spoiler
Until James 1:21 becomes truth in your life, your life will continue to be filled with filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness.

That is not an insult, that is the truth.

Boasting is excluded by the Law of Faith.

Clearly, Oats has not yet arrived.

marhig

You haven't disproved anything. You just have no understanding.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

God the Father came as a Son.

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

God as a Man obeyed.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Since he obeyed, the Father gave him the highest place.
That makes 2 Gt

Father and son. Why would the father have to obey himself? And why would the father give Jesus the highest place, if Jesus is the father? That all makes no sense.

God's Truth

The Bible makes a distinction between the Father and the Holy Spirit. The Father sent the Holy Spirit into the world.

That is not a distinction.
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are exactly the same.
When one says something, so do the others.

The Comforter (Holy Spirit), the Spirit of truth, is DISTINCT from the Father.

The Father and Jesus are also the Spirit of Truth.

No matter how many times you say otherwise, you can never change what is so clearly written.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​
That Spirit of Truth is Jesus. He is the Truth, and his words are Spirit.

Don't recognize those things I said from the scriptures?

I can even give you many scriptures that say the Lord is the Spirit.

:doh: The Holy Spirit never came as man's spirit. Every man has a spirit and it is not divine. It is merely that part of man (inner man) which communes with the Spirit of God.

Only Jesus' Spirit is divine.

That is how Jesus is God come in the flesh.

That is your silly idea....not mine. Don't you dare claim I ever stated such nonsense. :down:

Jesus' human spirit groaned at the sorrow of his friends....just as Paul's spirit stirred within him before his speech at Mars Hill.

Fix your silly nonsensical unsupported "facts" before you even attempt to move on to higher ground.

Jesus is God the Father come as a Man. Human's are their spirit. Jesus said the body counts for nothing. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's Spirit; and, He overshadowed Mary and she conceived from the Father His Spirit, and from Mary his flesh.

God's Truth

That makes 2 Gt

Father and son. Why would the father have to obey himself? And why would the father give Jesus the highest place, if Jesus is the father? That all makes no sense.

Why is it so hard for you to understand?

There are not 2, there are three.

What don't you get about the Father coming as a Son in the flesh?

Jesus in the flesh as a man obeyed. That is why he was given the highest place.

glorydaz

Jesus is God the Father come as a Man. Human's are their spirit. Jesus said the body counts for nothing. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's Spirit; and, He overshadowed Mary and she conceived from the Father His Spirit, and from Mary his flesh.

Gosh, they should have put all this in the Bible, and then we'd all know the things you know, God's UNtruth. :rotfl:

marhig

We don't need to be intelligent or to be a theologian to know God, God looks at the heart and we know him through the Spirit not through being clever! And the Spirit teaches us all things.

marhig

Why is it so hard for you to understand?

There are not 2, there are three.

What don't you get about the Father coming as a Son in the flesh?

Jesus in the flesh as a man obeyed. That is why he was given the highest place.
I know there are 3, father, son and Holy Spirit but I was only referring to the father and son.

How in earth can Jesus being the father be exalted by himself who is also the father?

God's Truth

I know there are 3, father, son and Holy Spirit but I was only referring to the father and son.

How in earth can Jesus being the father be exalted by himself who is also the father?

I have already told you more than once.

The Almighty God the Father can do anything He wants, and He came in the flesh as a Son.