Who will answer my questions?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures or God.

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

How could it have been necessary to elevate Jesus to the highest place if Jesus was the Father in a mans body?

Your sneaky negreps claiming I am lost will not save you from the consequences of your own lies.

Jesus is still a man to this day, the first born of many brethren.

tell me,

Is Jesus your brother or your Father?

Jesus is neither to you.

LA

oatmeal

Boasting is excluded by the Law of Faith.

Clearly, Oats has not yet arrived.

Clearly, I have not, but I know that you need someone to teach you for you have not learned a thing

Since I know a bit about this, and you do not, I am a likely candidate to teach you

oatmeal

Right...He was God and was with God from the beginning, but He had no power or authority.

He created all things, but He had no power or authority.

He was the Power and the Wisdom of God, but He had no power or authority.

You need to rethink your faulty premise.

You might want to start with what authority Jesus was talking about.

Seriously Oats, you'll have to do better than this if you want anyone to take you the least bit seriously. :nono:

Your post demonstrates your need to learn from me or someone like me, someone who has bothered to actually study this subject

I take you are ignorant of the following verses:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Three places it is indicated that Jesus was given or anointed with power.

Why would he have to be given power if he already had it?

You logic is circular and you are ignorant of the truths above.

You say Jesus is God therefore always had power, However, for you to say that you have to ignore the above three verses.

That is not honest.

Either you have not read those verses or you are willfully ignorant of their significance or you are being willfully deceitful

I don't know which but it is clear you have much to learn

glorydaz

Clearly, I have not, but I know that you need someone to teach you for you have not learned a thing

Since I know a bit about this, and you do not, I am a likely candidate to teach you

You do have a sense of humour, Oats. I'll give you that much. :rotfl:

glorydaz

Your post demonstrates your need to learn from me or someone like me, someone who has bothered to actually study this subject

I take you are ignorant of the following verses:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Three places it is indicated that Jesus was given or anointed with power.

Why would he have to be given power if he already had it?

You logic is circular and you are ignorant of the truths above.

You say Jesus is God therefore always had power, However, for you to say that you have to ignore the above three verses.

That is not honest.

Either you have not read those verses or you are willfully ignorant of their significance or you are being willfully deceitful

I don't know which but it is clear you have much to learn

I've read them and I accept them. Unlike what you do with the verses I give you.

I don't wear blinders concerning Christ's humanity, like you do for His Deity.

When God (Word) came down from heaven to dwell among us, He was given power and authority as a man to accomplish all He came to do. Why do you throw out so many verses in you quest to deny the Deity of your LORD AND GOD? That is a sad case of blindness. Is it willfull blindness? You should know the god of this world gets credit for it. :nono:

glorydaz

We don't need to be intelligent or to be a theologian to know God, God looks at the heart and we know him through the Spirit not through being clever! And the Spirit teaches us all things.

The Spirit teaches nothing to those who do not confess Jesus Christ as Lord and God.

That's step one, and you are still stumbling over that particular stone. Just as the Jews did. Jesus isn't called the Rock of Offense for nothing.

glorydaz

Jesus is God the Father come as a Man. Human's are their spirit. Jesus said the body counts for nothing. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's Spirit; and, He overshadowed Mary and she conceived from the Father His Spirit, and from Mary his flesh.

It is in the Bible.

You can't even give scripture that supports the first sentence in yellow above. :rotfl:

ONE VERSE.....give it. Just one.

Not this one, plus this one, minus this part, like you're want to do.

God's Truth

You can't even give scripture that supports the first sentence in yellow above. :rotfl:

ONE VERSE.....give it. Just one.

Not this one, plus this one, minus this part, like you're want to do.

I already gave you scriptures.

The Father is the only one God--- Scriptures say.
God came in the flesh--- Scripture says.

God's Truth

How could it have been necessary to elevate Jesus to the highest place if Jesus was the Father in a mans body?
I have told you many times.

Because God the Father came as a Man.

Your sneaky negreps claiming I am lost will not save you from the consequences of your own lies.
What is so sneaky about a personal comment in the rep box that asks for a comment? What is wrong about telling you personally instead of you posting your ignorant lies about me publicly?

Jesus is still a man to this day, the first born of many brethren.
Jesus is God.
tell me,

Is Jesus your brother or your Father?
He is my everything.

Revelation 21:7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

I am his child.

Jesus is neither to you.

LA

You mean he is neither to you.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

God's Truth

Well one thing that he doesn't need to do, and that is to exalt himself!

He came as a Son of Man and obeyed and exalted Jesus.

What in the world is so hard for you to understand about that?

They are exactly the same.

Jesus only says and does what the Father says and does.

When you see Jesus you can say, "I see the Father".

When one talks, so does the other say the exact same thing.

Danoh

Well, if this thread was about your opinion of what are better questions, then this could be a really lively discussion about that.

I expect that my questions should inspire very pertinent, lively scriptural discussions that require people to put on the mind of Christ to be able to participate in a meaningful way.

Are you up for that?

So, if we stick to the subject, and the question that was posed, why was Jesus given all power and authority?

Or to clarify? Why was Jesus GIVEN all power and authority?

And yet it appears your answer to her is no better as a question than what you accuse her assertion of being.

In that passage, He relates He has all power.

That is to say, authority over both realms.

Thing is; what is He actually talking about?

For though a passage always means what it says, it does not always say what it means.

One is the issue of fact - you can take the passage at its' word - it means what it says.

The other is the issue of proper understanding - but what does it mean by what it is saying.

Example of both of those...

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

He meant what He said; right?

But what did He mean by it?

11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.

No; that was not what He'd meant by it.

11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

That right there is a clear example from Scripture itself that although the Scripture always means what it says, one must not confuse its stating a thing as fact, with what it means by said stating of a thing.

Believe that Scripture always means what it says; but then go on to attempt to study out what it actually means by what it says.

Which is where the need to study out things as to both their differences, and their sameness, as to which might be the case.

He says there that all power in heaven and earth has been given.

And yet, we find seeming exceptions to that fact that must first be properly solved for before allowing our conclusions on a thing.

Case in point...

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

And...

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

And so on...

Clearly, the Lord was referring the authority given Him to wrest that away from said Adversary.

And clearly, that is Two realms.

The other being those High Places also described in a passage like the following...

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

Perhaps you are one who believes all that has already taken place...

In direct contradiction to this here...

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Or perhaps you do not hold that war in those High Places has already taken place...

Suffice it to say, the study of these things calls for a thorough study of their every aspect.

One my post did not even begin to really go into.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 towards you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have told you many times.

Because God the Father came as a Man.

No.

The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary --

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The Spirit of the Father entered into Jesus after His baptism by John.

So you confess that Jesus is not your brother, but is your Father?

What is so sneaky about a personal comment in the rep box that asks for a comment? What is wrong about telling you personally instead of you posting your ignorant lies about me publicly?

People who do not know the man Jesus Christ do that sort of thing.

LA

God's Truth

No.

The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary --

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father.

Jesus received a flesh body from his earthly mother, and he received his Spirit from God the Father.

Flesh from his mother and Spirit from his Father.

The Spirit of the Father entered into Jesus after His baptism by John.

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God come as a Man's spirit.

Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit with power,.

So you confess that Jesus is not your brother, but is your Father?

He is my everything.

I am his child.

I gave you scripture that say those who overcome will be his children.

People who do not know the man Jesus Christ do that sort of thing.

LA

You are trying to be vile and you are accomplishing what you set out to do.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I know there are 3, father, son and Holy Spirit but I was only referring to the father and son.

How in earth can Jesus being the father be exalted by himself who is also the father?

Your heart may be in the right place, but your mind is simplistic. Wouldn't it seem more appropriate to trust in the many better thinking minds who serve God as ministers? Why are you so determined to only trust yourself when you are obviously less qualified to understand than most Christian ministers?

It is not only you, it is most of you all who are unable to understand God beyond anthropomorphic limited "father must be more than son" simplistic methods of limited-to-the-concrete thought process.

oatmeal

I've read them and I accept them. Unlike what you do with the verses I give you.

I don't wear blinders concerning Christ's humanity, like you do for His Deity.

When God (Word) came down from heaven to dwell among us, He was given power and authority as a man to accomplish all He came to do. Why do you throw out so many verses in you quest to deny the Deity of your LORD AND GOD? That is a sad case of blindness. Is it willfull blindness? You should know the god of this world gets credit for it. :nono:

Jesus Christ is a man not God.

If you understood those verses and chose to believe them you would know that JC is not God.

Why do you contradict scripture?

glorydaz

Jesus Christ is a man not God.

If you understood those verses and chose to believe them you would know that JC is not God.

Why do you contradict scripture?

Why do you even post in the Religious section? You are carnal.

Go to politics or the rest and talk about things of the flesh.

oatmeal

And yet it appears your answer to her is no better as a question than what you accuse her assertion of being.

In that passage, He relates He has all power.

That is to say, authority over both realms.

Thing is; what is He actually talking about?

For though a passage always means what it says, it does not always say what it means.

One is the issue of fact - you can take the passage at its' word - it means what it says.

The other is the issue of proper understanding - but what does it mean by what it is saying.

Example of both of those...

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

He meant what He said; right?

But what did He mean by it?

11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.

No; that was not what He'd meant by it.

11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

That right there is a clear example from Scripture itself that although the Scripture always means what it says, one must not confuse its stating a thing as fact, with what it means by said stating of a thing.

Believe that Scripture always means what it says; but then go on to attempt to study out what it actually means by what it says.

Which is where the need to study out things as to both their differences, and their sameness, as to which might be the case.

He says there that all power in heaven and earth has been given.

And yet, we find seeming exceptions to that fact that must first be properly solved for before allowing our conclusions on a thing.

Case in point...

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

And...

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

And so on...

Clearly, the Lord was referring the authority given Him to wrest that away from said Adversary.

And clearly, that is Two realms.

The other being those High Places also described in a passage like the following...

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

Perhaps you are one who believes all that has already taken place...

In direct contradiction to this here...

Or perhaps you do not hold that war in those High Places has already taken place...

Suffice it to say, the study of these things calls for a thorough study of their every aspect.

One my post did not even begin to really go into.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 towards you.

Jesus Christ spoke the truth directly even when he used the word "sleep" instead of " death" for he was using a figure of speech called euphemism.

for those who have learned about figures of speech we realize that there are figures of speech used throughout God's word.

God's word says what it means and means what it says right in the verse, most of the time, however, without considering context, the meaning can be missed and the impact lost.

Jesus Christ had power given to him. Why? Because without it, he would not have the power to do what God required of him.

Do you have all power given to you so that you can do all that God requires of you?

Yes you do.

Acts 1:8, II Corinthians 9:8, Philippians 4:13, Colossians 2:10

Just these verses are sufficient to tell you that you have all power to do what God requires of you.

What power could you possibly lack since you are complete in him?

You did not always have that power, all men who are not saved, are dead in trespasses and sin. Until you were saved/born again of God's spirit you had no power, when you received the gift of salvation, you received that power.

Now you have all the power you need.

Jesus was given all the power he needed to accomplish man's redemption and salvation.

Jesus' God and Father gave him that power, even as His God and Father gave us power as well.

So I had to answer my own question because with all the brilliant theologians on this website, not one, had the knowledge to answer, realizing that as a man Jesus had no power to do the signs, miracles and wonders until God gave him that power. or as God had it written in Acts 2:22.

oatmeal

Why do you even post in the Religious section? You are carnal.

Go to politics or the rest and talk about things of the flesh.

You get A++ for sarcasm and insults

Danoh supplied this verse in one of his posts

Jesus Christ was given power, why? first of all , because he did not have it, second to accomplish God's will in his life.

When you comprehend that, remember I forgive you for your barrage of insults. You know not what you do

Danoh

Jesus Christ spoke the truth directly even when he used the word "sleep" instead of " death" for he was using a figure of speech called euphemism.

for those who have learned about figures of speech we realize that there are figures of speech used throughout God's word.

God's word says what it means and means what it says right in the verse, most of the time, however, without considering context, the meaning can be missed and the impact lost.

Jesus Christ had power given to him. Why? Because without it, he would not have the power to do what God required of him.

Do you have all power given to you so that you can do all that God requires of you?

Yes you do.

Acts 1:8, II Corinthians 9:8, Philippians 4:13, Colossians 2:10

Just these verses are sufficient to tell you that you have all power to do what God requires of you.

What power could you possibly lack since you are complete in him?

You did not always have that power, all men who are not saved, are dead in trespasses and sin. Until you were saved/born again of God's spirit you had no power, when you received the gift of salvation, you received that power.

Now you have all the power you need.

Jesus was given all the power he needed to accomplish man's redemption and salvation.

Jesus' God and Father gave him that power, even as His God and Father gave us power as well.

So I had to answer my own question because with all the brilliant theologians on this website, not one, had the knowledge to answer, realizing that as a man Jesus had no power to do the signs, miracles and wonders until God gave him that power. or as God had it written in Acts 2:22.

In other words, you were merely baiting; as usual. :chuckle:

For your mind had already been made up; that you were on to something, others were not.

And that can sometimes be the case.

But not this time.

For all you have proven is that you read all sorts of things into that passage in Matthew 28.

Your perception...your reality.

When in fact, all He was merely asserting, there, in that "all power" passage, there at the end of Matthew 28, was that He had been acknowledged by the Father as both Israel's PROPHESIED Lord, and Christ.

For Matthew 28 is merely an expansion of Matthew 10 - which was then still the issue of Mark 7's "let the children first be filled."

And their said "children" - of Israel - were..."at Jerusalem" as well as "scattered abroad...in Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of" that then Roman Empire, or "world" they were all then still under - "render to Caesar; that which is Caesar's, and unto God; that which is God's...until the Son of Man be come in" Matt. 10:23.

All of which was temporarily interrupted, before they got very far - Romans 9-11.

Nevetheless, Romans 5:8 towards you.