toldailytopic: Hell, what is it really like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Just as the prison guard who pushes the button to put a convicted murderer to death is a minister of God, on his behalf; so is Jesus to those condemned to hell, when He tells the lost, "Depart from Me, I never knew you." God isn't mocked by those who mis-translate His Word into universalism or 'annihilationism' or any other cult. His Word is clear. Hell is real. It is eternal conscious torment, literally.

It's sad that you would think a loving God would even come close to tormenting people. :plain:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Life goes on; however, there must be some accountability, those who life in Grace go on to reward, those without Grace go on to punishment, thus hell.

You have to ask yourself, do you want to die like a rabbit?

Persons who lost loved ones wish to see the loved ones again. It would be hard for them to accept rabbit death. Yet would it be righteous for the dishonourable to live amongst the honourable?

Now you might say you are not bad and do not care for this eternal life and envy the rabbit and I say all is possible with God.

Krsto

Well once again, the verse doesn't say *for* all men. It says of all men, especially of believers. So that doesn't work either. Using your argument the apostles *should* have wrote "Jesus is the saviour for all men, but only those who believe will be saved". It doesn't.

So your hinging your whole theology on a Greek preposition which isn't even there? Pretty thin ice you're skating on their friend, to say the least.

PlastikBuddha

Why would a loving God leave people to rot in such a wretched state PB? That is just cruelty. Annihilation makes so much more sense than that.
Imagine human consciousness along the lines of the house/windows model- we live in the house, but all of our knowledge of anything "ouside" must come though these windows. What happens when they are boarded up? Of course, this view fails to take into account the fact that awareness after death may be nothing at all like what we experience now, in our time-driven, linear world. I'm just speculating. Hell, in that context, is the implosion of a personality turned inwards (away from the Divine).

unknown

Hell is..

Hell is..

"Hell is the feeling you get when you think of the very bad thing you did that you hope will never be mentioned again" _Unknown

Arthur Brain

So your hinging your whole theology on a Greek preposition which isn't even there? Pretty thin ice you're skating on their friend, to say the least.

That was just the one verse. Where did I say I hinged my entire theology on it? I don't. What do you mean by 'isn't even there'?

Arthur Brain

Imagine human consciousness along the lines of the house/windows model- we live in the house, but all of our knowledge of anything "ouside" must come though these windows. What happens when they are boarded up? Of course, this view fails to take into account the fact that awareness after death may be nothing at all like what we experience now, in our time-driven, linear world. I'm just speculating. Hell, in that context, is the implosion of a personality turned inwards (away from the Divine).

Well. It sounds pretty forlorn and pointless no matter how you put it really....

Aimiel

It's sad that you would think a loving God would even come close to tormenting people.
He didn't. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. It became man's reward when he sinned. God doesn't send anyone to hell, their sins do. He demands perfection.

Arthur Brain

He didn't. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. It became man's reward when he sinned. God doesn't send anyone to hell, their sins do. He demands perfection.

Oh please. God created man to begin with. If God sets up the parameters where an imperfect finite existence for fallible flesh and blood results in never ending torment then it most certainly is God who sends people to such.

jpk1313

Having had a an experience a few years ago where I was given a tour for lack of a better term of heaven and hell I can say that hell is a place of cold lonliness where time does not exist where you scream and nobdy not even yourself can hear you it is a place devoid of love and light a place where there is just nothing no thoughts or memories no emotion hell is ceasing to exist. it is very much like being locked in solitary confinment.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Having had a an experience a few years ago where I was given a tour for lack of a better term of heaven and hell I can say that hell is a place of cold lonliness where time does not exist where you scream and nobdy not even yourself can hear you it is a place devoid of love and light a place where there is just nothing no thoughts or memories no emotion hell is ceasing to exist. it is very much like being locked in solitary confinment.

You are up to monkey business! Who was your tour guide, Virgil?

Arthur Brain

Have you heard of punctuation? Commas are such wonderful things ya know. So are full stops. Oh, and who gave this "tour"? Maybe you can also reveal what Heaven is as well? :plain:

Krsto

It's worse than that. If a soul simply cannot be redeemed then why have it suffer and not simply annihilate? It doesn't serve any purpose unless 'justice' is part of the argument?

And even if justice is part of the argument, the concept of eternal suffering is contrary to what the bible teaches on justice - though it does make a good concept of justice for a Jewish fable borrowed from the Egyptians.

Krsto

That was just the one verse. Where did I say I hinged my entire theology on it? I don't. What do you mean by 'isn't even there'?

Quite often words are added in the English translations that are not in the Greek text for the sake of readability. In this case, to translate it word for word it would read: who is Saviour all men. Translators will put in whatever prep's make it flow and have their pick of quite a few so it's really arguing from silence to make a point based on that preposition since it's not even there.

the valiant

its a place where your seperated from god, your in tormenting sulfur and chained maybe. we truely wont know untill your either there, or you can see from heaven. those lucky/blessed few that have had a death experience and gone there, and have come back to life would know.

Krsto

its a place where your seperated from god, your in tormenting sulfur and chained maybe. we truely wont know untill your either there, or you can see from heaven. those lucky/blessed few that have had a death experience and gone there, and have come back to life would know.

Most of them describe something like a light at the end of a tunnel or something to that effect. Doesn't really lend credence to ANY view of the afterlife.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Hell, what is it really like?

I would imagine it would be like experiencing the worst nightmare of immense sadness, depression, guilt, fear, horror and anxiety, one could ever experience, ten fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.