Having received salvation, what is next?

popsthebuilder

Trust is not a cord.
Do you deny we are to hold tenaciously to our faith/trust, and nothing else?

Do you believe that true faith/trust brings about faithfulness and reciprocal trust?

Jeremiah: 10. 16. The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name. 17. Gather up thy wares out of the land, O inhabitant of the fortress. 18. For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will sling out the inhabitants of the land at this once, and will distress them, that they may find it so. 19. Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous: but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it. 20. My tabernacle is spoiled, and all my cords are broken: my children are gone forth of me, and they are not: there is none to stretch forth my tent any more, and to set up my curtains. 21. For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered. 22. Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons. 23. O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. 24. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. 25. Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate. - Bible Offline

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Yet again you use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.
You generally use that one on another, but whatever. Be blind, stupor around in the dark, just don't question the outcome when the truth comes.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

oatmeal

You pervert the truth because you have no experience of the power of the evangelism. You've read about it. You've heard about it and you talk about it, but you haven't experienced the power therein. Everything you speak and post is done so parrot fashion. Repeating the sounds of words, but without knowing what they mean.

Again, thanks for offering your opinion.

However, again, you have not shown one scripture to support your claim, nor how they apply to what I have written.

Well, if you believe that I have no self control or free will, that God does all the deciding, then why are you criticizing me, you should take up your cbjections to God.

By the way, evangelism is about sharing the good news of the gospel of Christ like Philip did in Samaria. Acts 8:4-13 ...

Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

8 And there was great joy in that city.

9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Note that scripture states that they believed Philip.

It does not say that they trusted Philip, they did something far more noteworthy, they believed him.

Philip was doing God's will, he preached Christ unto them and saw and heard the miracles which God did, oops, sorry that is not what it says, which Philip did.

They had a change of heart and instead of following the false signs and wonders of Simon, they chose, by their own free will to give heed unto Philip.

It says they gave heed to Philip, it does not say God forced them to mindlessly trust Philip

Truster

However, again, you have not shown one scripture to support your claim, nor how they apply to what I have written.

Well, if you believe that I have no self control or free will, that God does all the deciding, then why are you criticizing me, you should take up your cbjections to God.

By the way, evangelism is about sharing the good news of the gospel of Christ like Philip did in Samaria. Acts 8:4-13 ...

6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

It does not say that they trusted Philip, they did something far more noteworthy, they believed him.

Philip was doing God's will, he preached Christ unto them and saw and heard the miracles which God did, oops, sorry that is not what it says, which Philip did.

They had a change of heart and instead of following the false signs and wonders of Simon, they chose, by their own free will to give heed unto Philip.

It says they gave heed to Philip, it does not say God forced them to mindlessly trust Philip

You confuse belief, faith and trust. Only one of these words conveys what the Hebrew and Greek conveyed.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Great points

oatmeal

You confuse belief, faith and trust. Only one of these words conveys what the Hebrew and Greek conveyed.

Too bad you remain without supportive scripture.

What do you base your beliefs on?

John 5:39 would be a good place for you to start.