Having received salvation, what is next?

oatmeal

Read my signature.

Well, if you do not have the free will to make the decision to trust, how can you boast that you are actually trusting.

Trust would require some effort on your part, since you seem to claim you are in control, then you are not actually capable of trust on your own, you are simply a puppet on a string with no will of your own.

Not having a will of your own you are incapable of trust.

Therefore you cannot claim to trust anything, not even your own doctrines, which is impossible because you would have no free will to choose any doctrine or what god or gods you are a puppet of.

oatmeal

REPENT and trust.

How can he if he no free will of his own to make that decision.

Do you not have any clue that you tell him to do what is impossible for him or you to do if you and everyone has no free will to decide that.

God makes salvation available to all to receive, it is their choice if they want to receive it by doing Romans 10:9

Then it is up to you to follow through and live what you confessed and believed.

We who choose to believe and confess are saved not those who are puppets who will not take responsibility to do so.

Truster

How can he if he no free will of his own to make that decision.

Do you not have any clue that you tell him to do what is impossible for him or you to do if you and everyone has no free will to decide that.

God makes salvation available to all to receive, it is their choice if they want to receive it by doing Romans 10:9

Then it is up to you to follow through and live what you confessed and believed.

We who choose to believe and confess are saved not those who are puppets who will not take responsibility to do so.

If repentance were a matter of free-will then why haven't you done so. You are not a converted soul. You are in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. You walk in the vanity of your mind.

Truster

Well, if you do not have the free will to make the decision to trust, how can you boast that you are actually trusting.

Trust would require some effort on your part, since you seem to claim you are in control, then you are not actually capable of trust on your own, you are simply a puppet on a string with no will of your own.

Not having a will of your own you are incapable of trust.

Therefore you cannot claim to trust anything, not even your own doctrines, which is impossible because you would have no free will to choose any doctrine or what god or gods you are a puppet of.

Trust is a spiritual endowment that allows the recipient to abandon himself into the care of another. In this case it is the care of a Saviour and King.

Truster

I do and will continue to. Thank you for the advice.

Just curious though; how do you tell someone to repent if it is a free gift?

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

You are commanded to repent, trust and be holy. You cannot perform any of these duties, but you are guilty of not doing so. Your demand that you have done so is a lie and so you add burden to burden.

popsthebuilder

Trust is a spiritual endowment that allows the recipient to abandon himself into the care of another. In this case it is the care of a Saviour and King.
Faith is a free gift but it too can grow, and does in those who actually believe; as in, believe the Example and follow the Way.... you know; actually believing?

Truster

Faith is a free gift but it too can grow, and does in those who actually believe; as in, believe the Example and follow the Way.... you know; actually believing?

Believe and faith and both inherent in man and are simply a psyching up of the mental attributes. Trust is the spiritual endowment and a gift received at regeneration. Trust is the abandonment of self into the care of another.

popsthebuilder

You are commanded to repent, trust and be holy. You cannot perform any of these duties, but you are guilty of not doing so. Your demand that you have done so is a lie and so you add burden to burden.

You know not what has been given me, nor to what extents I have wholly been changed, nor how opposite I turned from the directions I had gone in times past; because I don't speak of them; because I'm not trying to convince anyone about my character, but about the Will of GOD as it pertains to each of us. I never ever claimed to be Holy, though I know it is available and possible for me to do so through the working of the Holy Spirit and the example and way that is Jesus the Christ. I too know that it is sin for me personally not to strive to abide by what I do know and have been shown with a surety. Am I condemned by such? Indeed not as I am a believer and do have faith in the Lord GOD. I will not throw away the mercy and love GOD showed me in my need, nor the things revealed. Is it work? Indeed. Have I claimed to have completed or done anything? No. Will it be done? By the will of GOD alone.

peace

popsthebuilder

Believe and faith and both inherent in man and are simply a psyching up of the mental attributes. Trust is the spiritual endowment and a gift received at regeneration. Trust is the abandonment of self into the care of another.
Actually; that can be conveyed with any of the three.

Truster

You know not what has been given me, nor to what extents I have wholly been changed, nor how opposite I turned from the directions I had gone in times past; because I don't speak of them; because I'm not trying to convince anyone about my character, but about the Will of GOD as it pertains to each of us. I never ever claimed to be Holy, though I know it is available and possible for me to do so through the working of the Holy Spirit and the example and way that is Jesus the Christ. I too know that it is sin for me personally not to strive to abide by what I do know and have been shown with a surety. Am I condemned by such? Indeed not as I am a believer and do have faith in the Lord GOD. I will not throw away the mercy and love GOD showed me in my need, nor the things revealed. Is it work? Indeed. Have I claimed to have completed or done anything? No. Will it be done? By the will of GOD alone.

peace

You have not been saved and while you trust in yourself and your righteousness there is no room to accommodate grace.

popsthebuilder

You have not been saved and while you trust in yourself and your righteousness there is no room to accommodate grace.
Again; you litetally speak from a position of ignorance; yet attempt to convey some tone of authority.

It was initially sad, but is now slightly comical.

You say GOD changed you; but you would have had to heed that change; it isn't involuntary, remember; we talked about this. It isn't slavery....membas?....i membas.....

peace

popsthebuilder

"Conveyed"?

con·vey

kənˈvā/

verb

past tense:*conveyed; past participle:*conveyed

make (an idea, impression, or feeling) known or understandable to someone.

"the real virtues and diversity of America had never been conveyed in the movies"

synonyms:project,*exude,*emit,*emanate

"he conveys an air of competence"

communicate (a message or information).

"Mr. Harvey and his daughter have asked me to convey their very kind regards"

synonyms:communicate,*pass on,*make known,*impart,*relay,*transmit,*send,*hand on/off,*relate,*tell,*reveal,*disclose

"he conveyed the information to me"

express,*communicate,*get across/over,*put across/over,*indicate,say

"it's impossible to convey how I felt"

"Conveyed"?

oatmeal

God does not endow people with trust.

He expects people to decide to trust him. Proverbs 3:5-6 ....

I choose to trust God by trusting His words, even as I choose to believe God by believing His words

Truster

God does not endow people with trust.

He expects people to decide to trust him. Proverbs 3:5-6 ....

I choose to trust God by trusting His words, even as I choose to believe God by believing His words

You do no more than Satan does in belief and trust, but Satan is far more obedient to The Almighty than you could ever be.

oatmeal

You do no more than Satan does in belief and trust, but Satan is far more obedient to The Almighty than you could ever be.

So you say that satan is saved, but I am not?

So you say Satan is more saved than I am?

That is rich.

Again, why no scripture?

Acts 8:35

It is becoming a simple conclusion, that the reason you do not post scripture is because you do not know any.

For that matter, when someone does post scripture, you realize your own shortcomings in being able to teach scripture instead of being thankful that some here actually can teach scripture with varying degrees of accuracy.

Colossians 3:15 sounds like a great verse for you to implement into your lifestyle.

Remember Romans 5:1

You are justified and have peace with God, be thankful

Truster

So you say that satan is saved, but I am not?

So you say Satan is more saved than I am?

That is rich.

Again, why no scripture?

Acts 8:35

It is becoming a simple conclusion, that the reason you do not post scripture is because you do not know any.

For that matter, when someone does post scripture, you realize your own shortcomings in being able to teach scripture instead of being thankful that some here actually can teach scripture with varying degrees of accuracy.

Colossians 3:15 sounds like a great verse for you to implement into your lifestyle.

Remember Romans 5:1

You are justified and have peace with God, be thankful

I didn't say that Satan is saved. You lie and twist everything.

oatmeal

I didn't say that Satan is saved. You lie and twist everything.

All those who have done Romans 10:9 are justified and have peace with God, Romans 5:1, we have the righteousness of God, II Corinthians 5:21. Are you saying that God justified Satan and is at peace with him? and that God gave His righteousness to Satan?

I have received the gift of salvation and thus have received justification and His righteousness and have peace with God and I choose to live in those realities.

Does Satan do that? Are you saying he has the right to do that? I do, all Christians do, are you saying that Satan does as well?

Please explain your comment using scripture and my trust and belief of God to demonstrate why you reached the conclusion you reached.

Any fool can jump to conclusions and fools do that regularly.

Your lack of evidence to support your conclusions demonstrate that most clearly.

So, I am awaiting your exposition of scripture as to how you reached your conclusions.

I have all eternity to wait and based on your track history, eternity will not be long enough for you to provide evidence, but Jesus Christ is coming back for those who are saved, Romans 10:9, which includes me and I am sure that I will have new responsibilities to carry out involving the events in the book of Revelation. I will not have time to listen to you whine about your defenseless meology.