Having received salvation, what is next?

Truster

Truster,

Thanks for offering an opinion.

It is clear from scripture that believing God does not stop with receiving the gift of salvation.

I Timothy 2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

and

Ephesians 2:8-10

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We are God's workmanship, and as His workmanship, God says we should walk in the works which God foreordained for each believer.

We should, it is not up to God, it is up to us.

We should, but will we?

It is not up to God to force us to, it is up to us to decide to walk in those works.

Will we walk in those works?

Maybe we can't yet envision that yet.

Yet we can decide that we want to, even though we may not yet know how to.

As we learn to come to the knowledge of the truth, we will learn step by step, a little here and a little there, line by line, precept by precept, what God expects of us, and how to do it.

Most certainly, there will be challenges for us to overcome, but God's word teaches us how to overcome the world, the opposition to our believing and be victorious for God

I REPEAT:

You use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.

oatmeal

Having received the gift of salvation, like any gift, we must learn to use is per the instructions if we are to receive any, let alone, the full benefits of it in the here and now.

Since that gift of salvation is also referred to in other terms, it is helpful and instructive to find out how else God refers to the gift of salvation.

Gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23

Being born again of incorruptible seed, by the word of God which lives and abides forever. I Peter 1:23

The gift of holy spirit from the Holy Spirit. I John 4:13, Acts 2:38

Last edited:

Truster

Having received the gift of salvation, like any gift, we must learn to use is per the instructions if we are to receive any, let alone, the full benefits of it.

Since that gift of salvation is also referred to in other terms, it is helpful and instructive to find out how else God refers to the gift of salvation.

Gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23

Being born again of incorruptible seed, by the word of God which lives and abides forever. I Peter 1:23

The gift of holy spirit from the Holy Spirit. I John 4:13, Acts 2:38

Salvation by works.

popsthebuilder

Salvation by works.
Show your sacrificial faith without your evil works and I'll show you actual faith through good works.

All is work unless you literally do nothing.

You running around calling everyone stupid is a work.... You should study scripture and see what sort of working is, and what will be recompensed for such acts.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Truster

Show your sacrificial faith without your evil works and I'll show you actual faith through good works.

All is work unless you literally do nothing.

You running around calling everyone stupid is a work.... You should study scripture and see what sort of working is, and what will be recompensed for such acts.

The TOL statement of faith says, "Christ commands His followers to rebuke and to judge with righteous judgment and to forgive those who repent."

I rebuke and judge, deal with it.

popsthebuilder

The TOL statement of faith says, "Christ commands His followers to rebuke and to judge with righteous judgment and to forgive those who repent."

No; you attempt to condemn all to hell for things they cannot change according to you. All your judgements are evil that I have witnessed, and did you really say the tol sof or creed? As if that holds any bearing on one's faith or the direction of one's life. You can pander to the faith alone crown and whoever else you want. It changes nothing. Nearly all here see you for what you are due to your own evil works and regardless of your attempted confusion and misdirection.

marhig

And Jesus said

Matthew 7

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Take the beam out of your own eye truster, because you're so self righteous and proud and you foolishly condemn everyone else and see yourself perfect.

You are far from perfect! And the righteous judgment is to speak the word of God and bare witness to the truth, and God will judge. Not twist the word to suit yourself as you do.

Anyone who calls others evil and wicked for obeying God and living by his will is a false witness.

Truster

No; you attempt to condemn all to hell for things they cannot change according to you. All your judgements are evil that I have witnessed, and did you really say the tol sof or creed? As if that holds any bearing on one's faith or the direction of one's life. You can pander to the faith alone crown and whoever else you want. It changes nothing. Nearly all here see you for what you are due to your own evil works and regardless of your attempted confusion and misdirection.

Nothing is according to me, but all is according to scripture and thence from the revealed will of the Eternal Almighty.

Truster

And Jesus said

Matthew 7

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Take the beam out of your own eye truster, because you're so self righteous and proud and you foolishly condemn everyone else and see yourself perfect.

You are far from perfect! And the righteous judgment is to speak the word of God and bare witness to the truth, and God will judge. Not twist the word to suit yourself as you do.

Anyone who calls others evil and wicked for obeying God and living by his will is a false witness.

Are you not bright enough to comprehend who it was Messiah was addressing with those words. Don't bother answering, because you are obviously in the dark.

popsthebuilder

Nothing is according to me, but all is according to scripture and thence from the revealed will of the Eternal Almighty.
That would be your case if you didn't twist, contort, and omit pertinent scripture in attempts to promote your own agenda all while constantly ceaselessly insisting stupidity and damnation on the part of whomever may choose to converse with you.

Truster

That would be your case if you didn't twist, contort, and omit pertinent scripture in attempts to promote your own agenda all while constantly ceaselessly insisting stupidity and damnation on the part of whomever may choose to converse with you.

I have only one agenda and He who knows my heart* placed the agenda there.

heart* not the blood pump

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Bluster also frequently changes words to scripture because he studied the "real meaning" and his words are better than God's

popsthebuilder

I have only one agenda and He who knows my heart* placed the agenda there.

heart* not the blood pump
Feed your lies to the gullible and hungry. You know your own heart; that it is full of spite and contention and envying.

The love of GOD is seemingly far from you based on your works which are your words in this case, on this forum.

Truster

Feed your lies to the gullible and hungry. You know your own heart; that it is full of spite and contention and envying.

The love of GOD is seemingly far from you based on your works which are your words in this case, on this forum.

You cannot feed on truth and so you can't enjoy the freedom that truth brings.