Having received salvation, what is next?

Truster

Yeah Bluster, nobody knows but you

I know the peace of Elohim that surpasses all understanding. I do so only by grace and have nothing in which to boast. You seem to rejoice in your blind stupidity and I take it that is your "free-will" decision? Rhetorical?

oatmeal

Paul exhorted Tim to lay hold on eternal life. Tim has eternal life. Paul was telling him to live accordingly. When you know you have eternal life, 1 John 5:13, you can take on a whole new perspective of how you can live your life to please God!

oatmeal

I REPEAT:

You use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.

Thanks again for offering your opinion.

Do you have any scripture to support your opinion?

No doubt you would have listed then if you had.

Well that's ok.

You can learn from the scripture I post

oatmeal

Show your sacrificial faith without your evil works and I'll show you actual faith through good works.

All is work unless you literally do nothing.

You running around calling everyone stupid is a work.... You should study scripture and see what sort of working is, and what will be recompensed for such acts.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

You bring up a very good perspective that is worth delving into further.

I Thessalonians 1:3 comes to mind immediately

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Reading the opening we learn that the recipients of this epistle are the church in God the Father and in the lord Jesus Christ. I Thessalonians 1:1

We learn in I Thessalonians 1:4 that Paul is writing to brethren, beloved, and Paul knows of their election of God.

Paul is clearly writing to those who have received the gift of salvation.

As you point out, salvation does not mean laziness, it means we do do something with that salvation.

What did the church in Thes do? Paul was thankful for their work of faith and labor of love.

They were busy doing something with their salvation!

Truster

Truster!

What?

Again no scripture?

Well, that's ok, as I stated before, you can learn from the scriptures I posted

You think that once you have given your heart to Jesus (works) you must then do more works to ensure salvation is completed.(works)

As opposed to salvation is by grace and through trust from beginning to end.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You bring up a very good perspective that is worth delving into further.

I Thessalonians 1:3 comes to mind immediately

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Reading the opening we learn that the recipients of this epistle are the church in God the Father and in the lord Jesus Christ. I Thessalonians 1:1

We learn in I Thessalonians 1:4 that Paul is writing to brethren, beloved, and Paul knows of their election of God.

Paul is clearly writing to those who have received the gift of salvation.

As you point out, salvation does not mean laziness, it means we do do something with that salvation.

What did the church in Thes do? Paul was thankful for their work of faith and labor of love.

They were busy doing something with their salvation!
They were busy doing something with their faith in the Resurrection. It's pretty easy to do. And fun.

And shut up, [MENTION=15467]Truster[/MENTION]. Bible correcter.

Truster

Paul exhorted Tim to lay hold on eternal life. Tim has eternal life. Paul was telling him to live accordingly. When you know you have eternal life, 1 John 5:13, you can take on a whole new perspective of how you can live your life to please God!

Paul was exhorting Timothy to "take hold of eternal life" as opposed to taking hold of temporal existence and everything that entails. To lay hold of the things pertaining to the eternal kingdom instead of the things of the world and time.

There are at least 10 scriptures in my post, but you probably won't see them.

oatmeal

Paul was exhorting Timothy to "take hold of eternal life" as opposed to taking hold of temporal existence and everything that entails. To lay hold of the things pertaining to the eternal kingdom instead of the things of the world and time.

Yes, that is what I said.

well, saying that there are and showing them are two different things.

Luke 4:17-19

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Nehemiah 8:8

So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Why should I believe your source is scripture if you do not provide any?

oatmeal

They were busy doing something with their faith in the Resurrection. It's pretty easy to do. And fun.

And shut up, [MENTION=15467]Truster[/MENTION]. Bible correcter.

Indeed, they were being "not slothful in business, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord" Romans 12:11

oatmeal

You think that once you have given your heart to Jesus (works) you must then do more works to ensure salvation is completed.(works)

As opposed to salvation is by grace and through trust from beginning to end.

Yes, in a loose sense, yes.

Just like a new born baby is alive and ready to live, but without proper food, shelter, instruction, loving care, the baby will never mature into what it could be.

Likewise, we as newly born again children of God , we must learn proper spiritual diet, learn to seek God's shelter, His refuge for us, the instruction he has for us, his care for us, etc.

Luke 4:4, Jeremiah 15:16,

Psalm 9:9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 14:6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

II Timothy 3:16

I Peter 5:7

etc.

We must do it, although there are older brothers and sisters in Christ nearby, we must seek out what we need.

No one will force feed us these things.

It is up to us to act.

God does not force people against their will.

God's word is persuasive if we heed it, but God does not violate our free will.

God would not give us instruction on how to conduct our lives if we did not have the free will and ability to carry out His instructions. If God did it all, then why bother with scripture?

popsthebuilder

And to lay hold is to do absolutely nothing, right?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Truster

Yes, in a loose sense, yes.

Just like a new born baby is alive and ready to live, but without proper food, shelter, instruction, loving care, the baby will never mature into what it could be.

Likewise, we as newly born again children of God , we must learn proper spiritual diet, learn to seek God's shelter, His refuge for us, the instruction he has for us, his care for us, etc.

Luke 4:4, Jeremiah 15:16,

Psalm 9:9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 14:6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

II Timothy 3:16

I Peter 5:7

etc.

We must do it, although there are older brothers and sisters in Christ nearby, we must seek out what we need.

No one will force feed us these things.

It is up to us to act.

God does not force people against their will.

God's word is persuasive if we heed it, but God does not violate our free will.

God would not give us instruction on how to conduct our lives if we did not have the free will and ability to carry out His instructions. If God did it all, then why bother with scripture?

You pervert the truth because you have no experience of the power of the evangelism. You've read about it. You've heard about it and you talk about it, but you haven't experienced the power therein. Everything you speak and post is done so parrot fashion. Repeating the sounds of words, but without knowing what they mean.