Having received salvation, what is next?

oatmeal

So what is the best part of scripture who is a child of God to start reading and understanding?

The church epistles, Romans through Thessalonians.

Why?

Because that is where God had the apostle Paul expound on what God has done for us in Christ and our reasonable response in kind.

Ie, since Jesus died for us to pay for our sins, we should quit sinning.

oatmeal

One example of quitting sinning is given in Ephesians 4:28

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

If you were stealing, steal no more, not only completely quit stealing but work that which is good so that you can give to another who is in need.

That is turning your life around!

Romans 1-11 gives us information on what God has done for us.

Romans 12-16 gives us practical instruction on what God wants us to do for him and others.

For instance, Romans 5:1 tell us we have been justified and have peace with God.

God did that for us by the obedience of His son.

Romans 12:9 tells us to love without hypocrisy, abhorring evil and cleaving to the good.

That are actions we can decide to do

It does not say pray about, it does not say wait for God to do it for you, it says "do it"

oatmeal

Another truth we can learn to incorporate into our lives is Romans 12:10 in regards to our relationships with other believers.

After all, Jesus Christ did not sacrifice his life any more or any less for one person or another.

He died for all, those who believe have received salvation and redemption as much as the next believer.

Romans 12:11 tells us we should get busy and stay busy spiritually fervent in serving the Lord.

If we are hating our brothers and sisters in Christ are we doing what Romans 12:11 instructs?

If we cannot be kind one to another where is this love for our brethren that distinguishes us from the world?

oatmeal

Ephesians 3:4 KJV tells us that when we read (scripture) we may understand Paul's knowledge of the mystery of Christ.

Is that a prerequisite for salvation? Nope.

Learning what that mystery is, the great mystery, tells us what we were saved to, and what is available to us as saved ones.

oatmeal

I can only fall in grace and if I do it is in the will of the Father.

Fear not!

God is able to keep you from falling. Jude 24

However, you must choose to believe that promise for you to receive that promise.

Believe and you shall receive.

Mark 9:23, etc....

If you can believe.....

Can you believe?

Yes you can if you choose to.

Truster

Fear not!

God is able to keep you from falling. Jude 24

However, you must choose to believe that promise for you to receive that promise.

Believe and you shall receive.

Mark 9:23, etc....

If you can believe.....

Can you believe?

Yes you can if you choose to.

Try Romans 7 I know you won't understand it, but...

oatmeal

Try Romans 7 I know you won't understand it, but...

Thank you!

Paul did not always achieve his goals, he found out that his flesh got in the way of achieving them even as Jesus Christ stated, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak

However, that does not negate our responsibility to believe God's words to the end we live them not as second nature, but first nature.

Truster

Thank you!

Paul did not always achieve his goals, he found out that his flesh got in the way of achieving them even as Jesus Christ stated, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak

However, that does not negate our responsibility to believe God's words to the end we live them not as second nature, but first nature.

I don't have a responsibility or duty to "believe" the word of Elohim. I trust Him and His word, unto myself and all the saints, implicitly. This is a spiritual endowment that you couldn't possibly comprehend. Whatever you do is a responsibility or duty, for us* it is as natural as breathing.

You have a speculative notion of Messiah, and a barren notion of grace.

us* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

Truster

There's Bluster, tooting his own horn, bragging and boasting, condemning all of TOL

As usual I am tooting the horn of the author and sustainer of my salvation and His truth. As usual you have a problem with the grace I have been allotted. You are most certainly of the line of Cain and the more certain you become that the sacrifices you present are unacceptable the more anger you display.

oatmeal

I don't have a responsibility or duty to "believe" the word of Elohim. I trust Him and His word, unto myself and all the saints, implicitly. This is a spiritual endowment that you couldn't possibly comprehend. Whatever you do is a responsibility or duty, for us* it is as natural as breathing.

You have a speculative notion of Messiah, and a barren notion of grace.

us* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

So you are not a believer.

Well that explains a lot.

You have not then done Romans 10:9 especially the second half, "believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead"

You, finding it not necessary to believe, have not believed that God raised Jesus from the dead. If you have not believed that God raised the lord Jesus from the dead, then you are not saved.

Have a few verses here:

Acts 2:44
And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

Acts 4:4
Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

But you don't need to believe?

Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Acts 14:1
And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

Acts 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Acts 15:7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Acts 17:5

But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

Acts 18:8
And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Acts 27:25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

Acts 28:24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

That is a brief sample of learning about believing God, that it is absolutely necessary.

glorydaz

The goats will enjoy your confused mess, but the Lambs will be led into green pastures.

Bluster can't stand the competition. He thinks his OP's are the best thing since Mom's Apple Pie and no other can even come close.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

glorydaz

As usual you have a problem with the grace I have been allotted.

God's Grace, the shed blood, has been "allotted" to all men as a Gift....we access that grace through faith. No one has a problem with you having some special allotment...there is no such thing.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God's Grace, the shed blood, has been "allotted" to all men as a Gift....we access that grace through faith. No one has a problem with you having some special allotment...there is no such thing.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Yes, "APPEARED" on earth in the Person of Jesus Christ, who died only for the Elect the Father gave Him to redeem.

"Appeared" does not mean "anointed" or "gifted" or "alotted."

If Christ did not die for any particular soul, that soul is left in their sins and knows no grace.

His atonement was not universal, and neither is His grace bestowed universally.

Truster

So you are not a believer.

Well that explains a lot.

You have not then done Romans 10:9 especially the second half, "believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead"

You, finding it not necessary to believe, have not believed that God raised Jesus from the dead. If you have not believed that God raised the lord Jesus from the dead, then you are not saved.

Have a few verses here:

Acts 2:44
And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

Acts 4:4
Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

But you don't need to believe?

Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Acts 14:1
And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

Acts 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Acts 15:7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Acts 17:5

But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

Acts 18:8
And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Acts 27:25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

Acts 28:24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

That is a brief sample of learning about believing God, that it is absolutely necessary.

You use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.

glorydaz

Yes, "APPEARED" on earth in the Person of Jesus Christ, who died only for the Elect the Father gave Him to redeem.

"Appeared" does not mean "anointed" or "gifted" or "alotted."

If Christ did not die for any particular soul, that soul is left in their sins and knows no grace.

His atonement was not universal, and neither is His grace bestowed universally.

On the contrary, the blood was shed for the sins of the world.....which reconciled all men to God (when we were sinners).

We are saved (given life) when we access that grace through faith.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
On the contrary, the blood was shed for the sins of the world.....which reconciled all men to God (when we were sinners).

We are saved (given life) when we access that grace through faith.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

"We" is not the world at large, as even empirical evidence proves. And there is no "we" who chooses to willfully access grace.

You parrot the false Pelagian (Arminian) gospel of free-will, works-righteousness, which is not salvation according to God's grace, at all.

glorydaz

"We" is not the world at large, as even empirical evidence proves. And there is no "we" who chooses to willfully access grace.

You parrot the false Pelagian (Arminian) gospel of free-will, works-righteousness, which is not salvation according to God's grace, at all.

I'm just quoting the Scripture, Nang. I realize you like to make up your own.

oatmeal

You use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.

Truster,

Thanks for offering an opinion.

It is clear from scripture that believing God does not stop with receiving the gift of salvation.

I Timothy 2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

and

Ephesians 2:8-10

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We are God's workmanship, and as His workmanship, God says we should walk in the works which God foreordained for each believer.

We should, it is not up to God, it is up to us.

We should, but will we?

It is not up to God to force us to, it is up to us to decide to walk in those works.

Will we walk in those works?

Maybe we can't yet envision that yet.

Yet we can decide that we want to, even though we may not yet know how to.

As we learn to come to the knowledge of the truth, we will learn step by step, a little here and a little there, line by line, precept by precept, what God expects of us, and how to do it.

Most certainly, there will be challenges for us to overcome, but God's word teaches us how to overcome the world, the opposition to our believing and be victorious for God