Having received salvation, what is next?

God's Truth

The law of Moses is law and doing them takes work.

Thus doing any law of Moses is the works of the law. you divide them anyway you want, but they are all law (ordinances, statutes, etc) and they all take work, they all take effort

If you any part of the law you are required to do all of the law. No one gets to pick and choose what part of the law they get to keep

We are no longer under the law at all for righteousness. Galatians 2:21;3:6-12,14,21

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Galatians 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The righteousness of which Paul speaks did not come by the law, it came by Christ.

You are wrong, the works of the law are the ceremonial works.

oatmeal

Don't be a hypocrite. You know you did not obey Colossians 4:6.

I am not a hypocrite,

I work very hard at achieving that.

Evidently, you do not think that I am very good at it yet.

Well, that does not matter, what matters is how God views my progress.

oatmeal

You are wrong, the works of the law are the ceremonial works.

Evidently, you do not consider Honoring your father and mother to be work

Evidently you do not consider loving God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength to be work

Evidently, you do not consider serving God to be work

Evidently, you do not consider bringing in your tithes of your increase to be work

Well, maybe for you it came easy.

I was dead in trespasses and sins and was my nature a child of wrath, I had to break all those bad habits in order to make my life pleasing to God and worthy of God, that takes work, sometimes very difficult work, and I live in this age of grace. How much more work did it take to keep the law of Moses?

It was impossible to keep the entire law of Moses, all mankind, with the exception of Jesus Christ were born dead in trespasses and sin and were by nature children of wrath.

oatmeal

Other issues a new believer should learn about is

1. what happens when we die? Ie, we are dead, not alive, hence, the term death, we cannot be called dead if we are alive

2. Who God is and who He is not

3. Who His son is and who he is not

4. How to believe

5. What to believe

6. What portions are directed to us believers in this age of grace, and what do we do with scriptures that are not directed to believers in this age of grace

7. Where does evil come from and not come from

God's Truth

I am not a hypocrite,

I work very hard at achieving that.

Evidently, you do not think that I am very good at it yet.

Well, that does not matter, what matters is how God views my progress.

You are the one who tried to correct me with scripture after you insulted me.

You didn't do what the scripture says to do, but you used it nonetheless.

God's Truth

Evidently, you do not consider Honoring your father and mother to be work
Evidently you do not consider loving God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength to be work.

Evidently, you do not consider serving God to be work

Evidently, you do not consider bringing in your tithes of your increase to be work

Well, maybe for you it came easy.

I was dead in trespasses and sins and was my nature a child of wrath, I had to break all those bad habits in order to make my life pleasing to God and worthy of God, that takes work, sometimes very difficult work, and I live in this age of grace. How much more work did it take to keep the law of Moses?

It was impossible to keep the entire law of Moses, all mankind, with the exception of Jesus Christ were born dead in trespasses and sin and were by nature children of wrath.

You are failing to see that the works of the law that Paul is speaking of, the purification/ceremonial works---those are the works that no longer save.

Those are the works that no longer save.

So now what? So now the once commanded purification/ceremonial works don't clean anymore anymore? Right; those works no longer clean.

Says who? Says God in the New Covenant.

So why don't we have to do those works anymore?

Because now all we have to do is have faith that Jesus' blood clean us.

That means faith in Jesus' blood cleaning us and NOT works of the law such as circumcision and the sacrifice of animals.

THINK ABOUT IT MORE.

Paul is not saying we are saved by faith and not obeying. Paul is saying we are saved by faith and no longer doing all those ceremonial works.

God's Truth

1. what happens when we die? Ie, we are dead, not alive, hence, the term death, we cannot be called dead if we are alive

4. How to believe

5. What to believe

6. What portions are directed to us believers in this age of grace, and what do we do with scriptures that are not directed to believers in this age of grace

You are teaching falseness.

oatmeal

You are the one who tried to correct me with scripture after you insulted me.

You didn't do what the scripture says to do, but you used it nonetheless.

Ok, I'll play your game.

Are you kidding?

Well, that is your opinion and your viewpoint.

God looks on the heart

Last edited:

oatmeal

You are failing to see that the works of the law that Paul is speaking of, the purification/ceremonial works---those are the works that no longer save.

Those are the works that no longer save.

So now what? So now the once commanded purification/ceremonial works don't clean anymore anymore? Right; those works no longer clean.

Says who? Says God in the New Covenant.

So why don't we have to do those works anymore?

Because now all we have to do is have faith that Jesus' blood clean us.

That means faith in Jesus' blood cleaning us and NOT works of the law such as circumcision and the sacrifice of animals.

THINK ABOUT IT MORE.

Paul is not saying we are saved by faith and not obeying. Paul is saying we are saved by faith and no longer doing all those ceremonial works.

I'll play your game.

Are you kidding?

Works of the law

All the laws of God take work

Last edited:

God's Truth

I'll play your game.

Are you kidding?

Works of the law

All the laws of God take work

You are so rude. You didn't even address anything that I said.

Address the ceremonial/purification works and how it is works of the law to clean oneself, but now faith cleans us. Address how I pointed out that Paul would not ever teach to have faith and obey nothing.

God's Truth

We can be called dead when our physical body dies.

His Son is God Himself come as a Son.

4. How to believe

5. What to believe

Jesus came with grace. His teachings are to be obeyed.

oatmeal

We can be called dead when our physical body dies.

His Son is God Himself come as a Son.

Jesus came with grace. His teachings are to be obeyed.

We are dead when we are dead, if we not dead, why would there be a need for a raising of the dead or a resurrection?

God is God, He is not the son of God

The son of God is the son of God, he is not God.

Do you obey something you do not believe to be true and good?

oatmeal

You are so rude. You didn't even address anything that I said.

Address the ceremonial/purification works and how it is works of the law to clean oneself, but now faith cleans us. Address how I pointed out that Paul would not ever teach to have faith and obey nothing.

Why would I if I was kidding?

oatmeal

Keeping the ten commandments are a small portion of the works of the law.

It takes work to keep them

We, in this age of grace, are not under the law for righteousness.

Nevertheless, we fulfill the law.

Romans 13:10