Having received salvation, what is next?

KingdomRose

We can be saved now, and the saved must hold firm until the end so that they will be saved.

Saved

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Luke 19:9
Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Philippians 2:12
[ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Being Saved

1 Corinthians 1:18
[ Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom ] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

2 Corinthians 2:15
For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Will be saved

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:13
but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Ah, now we're talking. Very good. No one should disagree with THAT.:chuckle:

oatmeal

We can be saved now, and the saved must hold firm until the end so that they will be saved.

Saved

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Luke 19:9
Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Philippians 2:12
[ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Being Saved

1 Corinthians 1:18
[ Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom ] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

2 Corinthians 2:15
For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Will be saved

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:13
but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

After we have received the gift of salvation, it is our job to come to the knowledge of the truth. I Timothy 2:4

The knowledge of the truth is the rightly divided word of truth. II Timothy 2:15

If we intermingle truths that do not apply to us with truths that do apply to us, we are not rightly dividing the word of truth.

The gospels are about Jesus Christ's work in progress in his earthly ministry including his ascension.

Those truths apply to those living in the gospel period when Jesus was on this earth and his works were not yet completed nor fulfilled.

If we want to learn what those accomplished works did for us, we have to read Paul's epistles, Romans through Thessalonians

There we find out what Jesus Christ accomplished for us and what our loving response should be.

oatmeal

So everything Jesus said in the Gospels is null and void? You've got to be kidding! He said we have to endure to the END. We haven't reached the "end" yet! Or do you think we have? I guess I missed Jesus coming back at Armageddon.:hammer:

Did I say that?

No, I did not.

Is the commandment given to Adam and Eve about not eating that fruit apply to us directly?

No, we do not live in the garden of Eden, and have no access whatsoever to the garden of Eden.

However, the underlying principle of believing God and obeying His commandments is still true.

Are you subject to the law of Moses for righteousness?

No, you are not, Galatians 2:21

Because of the works of Jesus Christ, the righteousness of God was given to us. II Corinthians 5:21, I Corinthians 1:30, it was made unto us

Are we to learn from the gospels, yes, we can learn from every jot and tittle of the gospels and all the books previous to them.

But they are not directed to us, Paul's epistles, Romans through Thessalonians are directed to us

The books and passages about times before the day of Pentecost are for our learning Romans 15:4

oatmeal

You think others slandering me is good how?

You are not living through God when you speak against me like that.

You hate me because I went against nowadays tongue speaking. So now you take any opportunity you can get to encourage others to slander me.

You are not a righteous person.

Your own self righteous attitude does you in. We merely state the obvious.

You can list many scriptures, good for you.

However, you have much to learn about humility and meekness and the rightly divided word of truth.

If you want to learn it is available for all who hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled.

That your username is "God's truth" is revealing.

No one including Jesus Christ knows all that God knows, nor has the power that the Father has. Acts 1:7

I Peter 5:5

oatmeal

That sounds good and encouraging, but then why are you going against me after I posted those scriptures?

You started out your first post in this thread with "Are you kidding?"

No, I am not kidding

You immediately attacked me

So I immediately put my defenses up and countered.

You want to me humble and meek and gentle on this thread as I have been, I welcome you with open arms, but if you are going to immediately attack me, well, that is your problem

God's Truth

After we have received the gift of salvation, it is our job to come to the knowledge of the truth. I Timothy 2:4

The knowledge of the truth is the rightly divided word of truth. II Timothy 2:15

If we intermingle truths that do not apply to us with truths that do apply to us, we are not rightly dividing the word of truth.

The gospels are about Jesus Christ's work in progress in his earthly ministry including his ascension.

Those truths apply to those living in the gospel period when Jesus was on this earth and his works were not yet completed nor fulfilled.

If we want to learn what those accomplished works did for us, we have to read Paul's epistles, Romans through Thessalonians

There we find out what Jesus Christ accomplished for us and what our loving response should be.

So what is your point? Are you agreeing with me or not?

God's Truth

Your own self righteous attitude does you in.
hahahaha You are pretty self righteous thinking I am done in. lol No, I am not done in.

We merely state the obvious.

You can list many scriptures, good for you.

However, you have much to learn about humility and meekness and the rightly divided word of truth.
How mighty unhumble of you. lol

If you want to learn it is available for all who hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled.

That your username is "God's truth" is revealing.

No one including Jesus Christ knows all that God knows, nor has the power that the Father has. Acts 1:7

I Peter 5:5

And you prove what by saying this?

God's Truth

You started out your first post in this thread with "Are you kidding?"

No, I am not kidding

You immediately attacked me
So the words are you kidding is such a harsh attack that warrants all the horrible ways in which you treat me?
So I immediately put my defenses up and countered.

You want to me humble and meek and gentle on this thread as I have been, I welcome you with open arms, but if you are going to immediately attack me, well, that is your problem

What a harsh and unrighteous judge you are. I ask if you are kidding and you think that warrants all the many put downs by you. How about just say, "No, I'm not kidding". How about say, "Did you mean that to sound mean, or just as a figure of speech?" The statement are you kidding me is just showing surprise for what is said. Didn't mean for it to be so tough.

oatmeal

hahahaha You are pretty self righteous thinking I am done in. lol No, I am not done in.

How mighty unhumble of you. lol

And you prove what by saying this?

Well, I have read enough of your posts to be skeptical of all your conclusions

If I denied all I have been taught and learned I would be arrogant and a liar.

I proved nothing, anyone who thinks they know it all is a liar.

oatmeal

So the words are you kidding is such a harsh attack that warrants all the horrible ways in which you treat me?

What a harsh and unrighteous judge you are. I ask if you are kidding and you think that warrants all the many put downs by you. How about just say, "No, I'm not kidding". How about say, "Did you mean that to sound mean, or just as a figure of speech?" The statement are you kidding me is just showing surprise for what is said. Didn't mean for it to be so tough.

Well, why would you assume that I was kidding?

Scripture is truth.

Experiencing truth sets people free

Anyone who wants freedom needs to experience truth.

I present the truth, I am not kidding.

If you wish to discuss scripture, you are welcome if you wish to post inflammatory comments about me and what I post, well, I can't stop you but I may reply in kind or I may not.

oatmeal

Are you kidding? Circumcision is a ceremonial act.

God told Abraham to get circumcised in the flesh.

That came after Abraham.
Circumcision in the flesh began with Abraham and it is the seal of the old law and the sign of the covenant.

Right, those things are not the WORKS OF THE LAW. Those things are things all must obey.

That is what works of the law is, ceremonial works.
I gave you scripture where Paul says not of works of the law.

You need to show where Paul says we are saved by believing and not obeying.

Show it now or concede.

Show one instance anywhere ever where Paul or anyone rebukes someone for obeying God for any reason.
Show that there is a wrong time to obey God.
Show if you happen to obey Jesus to be saved, such as repent of your sins, show where you have added a work and are now condemned.

The boasting is in the ceremonial works that no longer save.

The Jews used to be able to boast in the ceremonial works.

Again, those ‘WORKS’ are the ceremonial works. Those are the works the Jews USED TO be able to boast in; not anymore, because now anyone can be saved by just having faith the sins they repent of are washed away.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.
Philippians 3:3
For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--

Did you read that? The boasting was done in the CEREMONIAL works. Paul is NOT putting down obeying, as you teach. Paul is speaking of not being able to boast in the ceremonial works, i.e. CIRCUMCSION.

People are only saved by believing and obeying Jesus. We no longer have to do ceremonial works because Jesus cleans us.

You want to be a teacher but you don't understand much do you. I have been explaining how the ceremonial works are the works that no longer save and you ask which ceremonial works saved me.
You want to be a preacher of truth and you can't even tell the truth about what I said.

What do you think those scriptures say you do not have to do? What do they say you have to do?

God expects you to continue to obey. Would you like the scriptures?

The law of Moses is law and doing them takes work.

Thus doing any law of Moses is the works of the law. you divide them anyway you want, but they are all law (ordinances, statutes, etc) and they all take work, they all take effort

If you any part of the law you are required to do all of the law. No one gets to pick and choose what part of the law they get to keep

We are no longer under the law at all for righteousness. Galatians 2:21;3:6-12,14,21

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Galatians 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The righteousness of which Paul speaks did not come by the law, it came by Christ.

oatmeal

The law of Moses is law and doing them takes work.

Thus doing any law of Moses is the works of the law. you divide them anyway you want, but they are all law (ordinances, statutes, etc) and they all take work, they all take effort

If you any part of the law you are required to do all of the law. No one gets to pick and choose what part of the law they get to keep

We are no longer under the law at all for righteousness. Galatians 2:21;3:6-12,14,21

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Galatians 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The righteousness of which Paul speaks did not come by the law, it came by Christ.

Since we are no longer under the law for righteousness but have been given righteousness as a gift, we need adhere to the grace that made that gift to us available.

Specifically the epistles from Romans through Thess

Putting yourself under any part of the law frustrates the grace of God.

oatmeal

Since we are no longer under the law for righteousness but have been given righteousness as a gift, we need adhere to the grace that made that gift to us available.

Specifically the epistles from Romans through Thess

Putting yourself under any part of the law frustrates the grace of God.

Therefore part of what we do after having received salvation is not allow ourselves be put under the law by the teachers of the law, but to live under or by the precepts that are founded in grace for this age of grace.

We do not put ourselves under the law for righteousness for that would frustrate, reject the grace of God.

oatmeal

As God's Truth agrees, we must learn the written logos of God in order to believe rightly and thus obey the truth.

We can sit on our salvation and not mature, but we still have that salvation.

It cannot be improved upon except to put it to use.

Romans through Thessalonians is the place to start to learn how to put that salvation in us to work, or as Philippians 2:12 we work it out, we apply ourselves to do God's written logos regarding this age of grace and we energize that salvation within us.

We work out that salvation so we see the benefits of it now and earn eternal rewards for doing so.

God's Truth

Well, why would you assume that I was kidding?

Scripture is truth.

Experiencing truth sets people free

Anyone who wants freedom needs to experience truth.

I present the truth, I am not kidding.

If you wish to discuss scripture, you are welcome if you wish to post inflammatory comments about me and what I post, well, I can't stop you but I may reply in kind or I may not.

Asking if you are kidding is not inflammatory. There is no excuse though for treating me the way you did, or it makes you a hypocrite.

I corrected you on your false teachings about faith alone.

You act as if Abraham, or anyone was saved on the bases of just believing. Never happened.