Having received salvation, what is next?

God's Truth

Excuse me?

Am I being hostile?

Yes, this thread is about what we are to do after we have received salvation, we are to use it according the instructions of God, thus developing the gift of salvation that God gave to us.

There is only one gift of salvation.

However, having received the gift we are required to use it, to "work it out"

We do not want it to ignore it we want to make full use of it.

How? By doing what God tells to do to use it.

I gave scriptures that tell us what to do.

Why do you have a problem with that?

oatmeal

I gave scriptures that tell us what to do.

Why do you have a problem with that?

I do not have a problem with that, I appreciate that.

Nice to see that someone who has received the gift of salvation is taking that gift seriously and is willing to put it to use.

oatmeal

Are you kidding?

Abel had to do right.

Noah had to obey, he had to do right.

Abraham had to obey and do right.

What do you mean it is not by what we do?

When Paul says not of works of righteousness, he is NOT talking about how we do not have to obey!

Paul is speaking of how we do not have to do the ceremonial/purification works.

How do you ever get that it has nothing to do with what we do?

Don't misunderstand Paul.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Abraham obeyed God and it is what saved him. Circumcision began with Abraham and it is the seal of the purification works that later came with Moses; BUT, Abraham OBEYED BEFOREHAND and that is WHY he was saved:

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

Job had to do right:

Job 1:1, 8 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God...

David had to do right:

1 Kings 9:4 And if you will walk before me, as David your father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness...

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life--except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

Samson had to go back to doing right.
I can give many scriptures that prove we have to obey God and it is NOT just about believing alone.

No, I am not kidding. Why would you assume I am kidding.

Noah, Abraham, Esther, Ruth... were men and women of God who lived rightly in God's sight but not so much as to pay for their sins let alone the sins of the world like Jesus Christ alone could do.

All Adam's and Eve's progeny have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Jesus Christ is not included in that because God is his father and Mary his mother, therefore, he is different, outside that group.

Jesus Christ was the only one who could have paid the price, for he alone was sinless after A and E's errors.

If you believe, literally believe, then action upon that belief will be evident.

Believing is action, that action includes obedience to God's written logos and to revelation given.

There are many different acts of believing that we are to do.

Ephesians 4:32, being kind, forgiving, tenderhearted.

I Corinthians 14:5 speaking in tongues.

Acts 4:34-35 selling unneeded earthly possessions and giving the proceeds to the ministry so that work is well funded.

I Cor 10:13 Escaping temptation

Romans 13 being subject to the rulers in the church that God ordained. Referring to the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors teachers and others like helps and the like

Ministering reconciliation to those who need reconciling. II Cor 5:18-20

All those require that we believe in order to live those things

Believing is not just mentally assenting, it is taking action upon the truths in scripture.

God's Truth

No, I am not kidding. Why would you assume I am kidding.

Noah, Abraham, Esther, Ruth... were men and women of God who lived rightly in God's sight but not so much as to pay for their sins let alone the sins of the world like Jesus Christ alone could do.

All Adam's and Eve's progeny have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Jesus Christ is not included in that because God is his father and Mary his mother, therefore, he is different, outside that group.

Jesus Christ was the only one who could have paid the price, for he alone was sinless after A and E's errors.

If you believe, literally believe, then action upon that belief will be evident.

Believing is action, that action includes obedience to God's written logos and to revelation given.

There are many different acts of believing that we are to do.

Ephesians 4:32, being kind, forgiving, tenderhearted.

I Corinthians 14:5 speaking in tongues.

Acts 4:34-35 selling unneeded earthly possessions and giving the proceeds to the ministry so that work is well funded.

I Cor 10:13 Escaping temptation

Romans 13 being subject to the rulers in the church that God ordained. Referring to the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors teachers and others like helps and the like

Ministering reconciliation to those who need reconciling. II Cor 5:18-20

All those require that we believe in order to live those things

Believing is not just mentally assenting, it is taking action upon the truths in scripture.

Those righteous people where FAVORED by God because they obeyed Him.

Go think about it some more.

God's Truth

I do not have a problem with that, I appreciate that.

Nice to see that someone who has received the gift of salvation is taking that gift seriously and is willing to put it to use.

That sounds good and encouraging, but then why are you going against me after I posted those scriptures?

KingdomRose

What don't you get about believing all the scriptures? We cannot put even one aside.

We are saved now and must stand firm till the end and be saved then too.

YOU are putting scriptures aside. Why do you ignore what Jesus said at Matthew 24:13? You said, "We cannot put even one [scripture] aside." Why are YOU?

God's Truth

Wow, you have run into this guy before! You nailed it.

You think others slandering me is good how?

You are not living through God when you speak against me like that.

You hate me because I went against nowadays tongue speaking. So now you take any opportunity you can get to encourage others to slander me.

You are not a righteous person.

God's Truth

YOU are putting scriptures aside. Why do you ignore what Jesus said at Matthew 24:13? You said, "We cannot put even one [scripture] aside." Why are YOU?

How do you ever get that I put that scripture aside when I said we must keep obeying to be saved in the end? I gave scripture that PROVES we can be SAVED NOW and we can be saved in the end.

KingdomRose

Unless one distinguishes between the time of Jesus' work in progress, the gospels, and the time period after his work was accomplished, this age of grace, we will live in confusion about what is the past and present regarding receiving salvation.

The accomplished works of Jesus Christ changed the rules from the law based gospels to the grace based epistles.

So everything Jesus said in the Gospels is null and void? You've got to be kidding! He said we have to endure to the END. We haven't reached the "end" yet! Or do you think we have? I guess I missed Jesus coming back at Armageddon.:hammer:

KingdomRose

How do you ever get that I put that scripture aside when I said we must keep obeying to be saved in the end? I gave scripture that PROVES we can be SAVED NOW and we can be saved in the end.

You are an imbecile. If Jesus said we must ENDURE until the end, then we can't be SAVED until the end! There is nothing final about being saved today. We are saved SO FAR. But we have to KEEP ON enduring, just as Paul said in Colossians 1:21-23:

"Indeed, you who were once alienated and enemies because your minds were on the works that were wicked, He now has again reconciled by means of that one's fleshly body through his death, in order to present you holy and unblemished and open to no accusation before Him, provided, of course, that you CONTINUE in the faith,
established on the foundation and steadfast and NOT BEING SHIFTED AWAY
from the hope of that good news which you heard..."

Got it? It is possible to be shifted away from salvation, if we don't CONTINUE to endure.

God's Truth

You are an imbecile. If Jesus said we must ENDURE until the end, then we can't be SAVED until the end! There is nothing final about being saved today. We are saved SO FAR. But we have to KEEP ON enduring, just as Paul said in Colossians 1:21-23:

"Indeed, you who were once alienated and enemies because your minds were on the works that were wicked, He now has again reconciled by means of that one's fleshly body through his death, in order to present you holy and unblemished and open to no accusation before Him, provided, of course, that you CONTINUE in the faith,
established on the foundation and steadfast and NOT BEING SHIFTED AWAY
from the hope of that good news which you heard..."

Got it? It is possible to be shifted away from salvation, if we don't CONTINUE to endure.

You are EXACTLY what you falsely claim I am.

I gave you scriptures that say we are saved NOW and must keep obeying to be saved in the END.

God's Truth

We can be saved now, and the saved must hold firm until the end so that they will be saved.

Saved

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Luke 19:9
Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Philippians 2:12
[ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Being Saved

1 Corinthians 1:18
[ Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom ] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

2 Corinthians 2:15
For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Will be saved

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:13
but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

KingdomRose

You are EXACTLY what you falsely claim I am.

I gave you scriptures that say we are saved NOW and must keep obeying to be saved in the END.

I think that Jesus was referring to the very end when he said we must keep enduring. THEN we can have eternal salvation. If we don't continue enduring, like Paul said, we can lose our salvation that we had up to this point. Do you dismiss the Colossians verses and also Hebrews 6:4-6 & Hebrews 10:26-29?