ECT FAITH ALONE: DID JESUS TEACH IT?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Post #104
That's not you answering the questions I asked you. You sure are having problems answering simple questions pertaining to what Catholics teach and believe about salvation. Answer the questions.

Do Catholics believe one can be saved:

without water baptism?
without turning from sins?
without keeping the commandments?
without overcoming?
without church attendance?

Does the Catholic church teach that trusting the Lord believing something is enough for salvation?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Your questions cannot be answered until they are properly clarified and accurately understood. Thus, Post #104 above.
My questions are clearly asked in relation to salvation. You're stalling. Answer the questions.

without water baptism?
without overcoming?

Does the Catholic church teach that trusting the Lord believing something is enough for salvation?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My questions are clearly asked in relation to salvation. You're stalling. Answer the questions.

without water baptism?
without overcoming?

He can't answer, he may say some, but not all of the above is enough

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That's not you answering the questions I asked you. You sure are having problems answering simple questions pertaining to what Catholics teach and believe about salvation. Answer the questions.
Questions made out of ignorance ! It's Pelagian works-righteousness and
pagan traditions of men. Baptism is not necessary for salvation. It is the
initiatory sign and seal into the covenant of grace. As circumcision referred
to the cutting away of sin and to a change of heart (Deut. 10:16, 30:6, Jer. 4:4,
9:25, 26,Ezk.44:7, 9), baptism refers to the washing away of sin (Acts 2:38,
1 Pet. 3:21, Tit. 3:5) and to spiritual renewal (Rom. 6:4, Col. 2:11-12). The
circumcision of the heart is signified by the circumcision of the
flesh, that is, baptism (Col. 2:11-12).

No amount of church attendance will earn eternity in heaven. No lack of
church attendance will result in the loss of salvation.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Questions made out of ignorance !
:doh: You can't be that stupid.

Cruciform's claim is that the Catholic church teaches salvation by grace through faith. When he answers the questions, his claim will be shown to be false. That's why he isn't answering and everyone here (but you) knows it.

Hey Cruciform! I'm still waiting. Answer the questions.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
:doh: You can't be that stupid.

Cruciform's claim is that the Catholic church teaches salvation by grace through faith. When he answers the questions, his claim will be shown to be false. That's why he isn't answering and everyone here (but you) knows it.

Hey Cruciform! I'm still waiting. Answer the questions.
Pelagian works-righteousness is stupid on itself.
It's demonic and you fell for it.

That's not you answering the questions I asked you. s.

The Bible says you must be baptized with WATER. i think it is John 3:3?

It says here or elsewhere you must be baptized in water AND the Holy Spirit. Humans have a soul/spirit AND a body, hence the physical water

i forgot your other problems understanding Catholicism, but i have studied Catholicism and read the Bible and there is nothing unbiblical about Catholicism, except the sins of the people in the Church. Good luck finding a church where there are no sinners

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
He listens to Jesus every time he goes to mass. Pretty much literally.
The Roman Catholic interpretation of the Eucharist requires the participant to eat human flesh and drink human blood. Remember, Roman Catholicism teaches that the bread and the wine become the actual body and blood of Christ. Essentially, this amounts to cannibalism. What does the Scripture say concerning this?

"For as for the life of all flesh, its blood is identified with its life. Therefore I said to the sons of Israel, You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off,"*(Lev. 17:14).

Notice that the Scripture says that you are not to eat the blood of any flesh. It would certainly appear that the Roman Catholic view is in contradiction to the Old Testament Scripture since it advocates the eating of the blood of Christ. To the RCC it is not just symbolic. It is the actual eating and drinking of the body of Christ. -Matt slick

Cross Reference

The Roman Catholic interpretation of the Eucharist requires the participant to eat human flesh and drink human blood. Remember, Roman Catholicism teaches that the bread and the wine become the actual body and blood of Christ. Essentially, this amounts to cannibalism. What does the Scripture say concerning this?

"For as for the life of all flesh, its blood is identified with its life. Therefore I said to the sons of Israel, You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off,"*(Lev. 17:14).

Notice that the Scripture says that you are not to eat the blood of any flesh. It would certainly appear that the Roman Catholic view is in contradiction to the Old Testament Scripture since it advocates the eating of the blood of Christ. To the RCC it is not just symbolic. It is the actual eating and drinking of the body of Christ. -Matt slick

If it is not to be taken in the literal sense, which it isn't, then it must taken is the spiritual sense. This is why the caution is given that one must be relationally qualified in doing so. One who assumes his relationship with Jesus Christ to presume upon it, is a fraud.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
If it is not to be taken in the literal sense, which it isn't, then it must taken is the spiritual sense. This is why the caution is given that one must be relationally qualified in doing so. One who assumes his relationship with Jesus Christ to presume upon it, is a fraud.
VIII. Although ignorant and wicked men receive the outward elements in this sacrament, yet they receive not the thing signified thereby; but by their unworthy coming thereunto are guilty of the body and blood of the Lord, to their own damnation. Wherefore all ignorant and ungodly persons, as they are unfit to enjoy communion with him, so are they unworthy of the Lord's table, and can not, without great sin against Christ, while they remain such, partake of these holy mysteries, or be admitted thereunto. -Westminster confessions

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
VIII. Although ignorant and wicked men receive the outward elements in this sacrament, yet they receive not the thing signified thereby; but by their unworthy coming thereunto are guilty of the body and blood of the Lord, to their own damnation. Wherefore all ignorant and ungodly persons, as they are unfit to enjoy communion with him, so are they unworthy of the Lord's table, and can not, without great sin against Christ, while they remain such, partake of these holy mysteries, or be admitted thereunto. -Westminster confessions

That is nonsense, pure drivel

Cross Reference

Receiving from Christ should never be the motive for partaking but rather intimacy with Him as in a love affair. No love affair, no intimacy? No new birth. Better think the whole thing through again, maybe for the first time..

Cruciform

without water baptism?
Yes.

without overcoming?
One must die in a state of grace in order to ultimately be saved.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

Does the Catholic Church teach that trusting the Lord believing something is enough for salvation?

Yes, since any good works (acts of obedience) are merely the products of God's grace from the start (Rom. 2:6-11; 1 Cor. 15:10; Phil. 2:12-13), and are qualities of faith itself.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+