ECT FAITH ALONE: DID JESUS TEACH IT?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If any man heareth My word and believeth on Him who sent Me hath everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation but is passed from death to life.

Cruciform

Is that link a catholic site by Catholics?
Of course, since I'm arguing the Catholic position. Did you really think I'd be citing an anti-Catholic website? In any case, truth is truth, no matter its source, and Post #142 stands exactly as made.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The source I cited is filled with biblical references and arguments. Your transparent excuse for dismissing relevant information, however, is noted.
Romanish retranslations on bible doesn't work on protestants.
Thanks anyway. Have a good day.

Cruciform

Romanish retranslations on bible doesn't work on protestants.
...and sectarian Protestant anti-Catholic interpretations of the Bible don't work on Catholics.

Of course, you have utterly failed to actual prove that the information I cited is in any way false. Therefore, my statements in Post #142 stand exactly as posted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
...and sectarian Protestant anti-Catholic interpretations of the Bible don't work on Catholics.

Of course, you have utterly failed to actual prove that the information I cited is in any way false. Therefore, my statements in Post #142 stand exactly as posted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Go hide behind your pope's wall

Interplanner

Of course, the whole point of Christ doing and dying for us is that he is the object on which our faith rests. He is not a 'tutorial' or a 'demo.' Faith rests on something specific. In the case of justification from sins, it must rest on Christ alone by faith alone, otherwise there is a mixture which voids itself, Rom 11:6.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
:doh: You can't be that stupid.

Cruciform's claim is that the Catholic church teaches salvation by grace through faith. When he answers the questions, his claim will be shown to be false. That's why he isn't answering and everyone here (but you) knows it.

Hey Cruciform! I'm still waiting. Answer the questions.

You teach the same thing, salvation by man made effort

Cross Reference

Of course, the whole point of Christ doing and dying for us is that he is the object on which our faith rests. He is not a 'tutorial' or a 'demo.' Faith rests on something specific. In the case of justification from sins, it must rest on Christ alone by faith alone, otherwise there is a mixture which voids itself, Rom 11:6.

Question: If what you declare is correct for reasons you state and redemption is a fact requiring no faith, how do you reconcile your reasoning? {not a baited question]

Last edited:

Interplanner

Justification does call for faith. The point is that it does not call for works as such. "The work of God is to believe on Him whom He has sent." So there are works (Christs) and there is one of two responses to that. Faith says: that alone will save me. Works are necessary but they must be those works. Unbelief says: nothing can save me, or nothing I've done yet will save me so I must try harder. (In all these case these people are referring to justification--to acceptance with God. They are not referring to personal transformation that follows from it.

Cross Reference

Justification does call for faith. The point is that it does not call for works as such. "The work of God is to believe on Him whom He has sent." So there are works (Christs) and there is one of two responses to that. Faith says: that alone will save me. Works are necessary but they must be those works. Unbelief says: nothing can save me, or nothing I've done yet will save me so I must try harder. (In all these case these people are referring to justification--to acceptance with God. They are not referring to personal transformation that follows from it.

PLEASE! Define the word "Faith"? Is it a "one shot deal" and it's over?