Do you obey Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And to be clear, there is only ONE WAY to get the righteousness of God! I'm trying to give you the opportunity to tell me how that is. It's right there in the passage!

The answer to your question based on the translation you are using and the verses you have chosen is to believe.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The answer to your question based on the translation you are using and the verses you have chosen is to believe.
The answer to the question based on the word of God is "upon all them them that believe:...".

Here's another question. Believe what? I'll give you a hint. Where is the righteousness of God revealed?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And if you are disobedient?
If you have been disobedient you can know you have sinned and therefore you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 NASB can tell you that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Only Jesus has never sinned. Then read Romans 6:23 NASB.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Or you are being or have been disobedient or you did not hear His commands or you don't know what they are or you don't know what to do about them for whatever reason.
Nope. I know exactly who I am in Christ: we are dead to the law by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV)! But you believe you should obey all His commands (impossible and never asked of you), but look at why the Lord told them they must keep it:

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

^^^^^^

That was never required of us yet here you are trying to bring the yoke of bondage on the believer.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nope. I know exactly who I am in Christ: we are dead to the law by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV)! But you believe you should obey all His commands (impossible and never asked of you), but look at why the Lord told them they must keep it:

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

^^^^^^

That was never required of us!
There is nothing in the Bible against obeying God's commands. At the same time in Christ I am not under the Law.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you have been disobedient you can know you have sinned and therefore you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 NASB can tell you that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Only Jesus has never sinned. Then read Romans 6:23 NASB.
The only "disobedience" going on here are those who refuse to obey the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV/ believing not 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). Many times this disobedience shows itself in a person trying to work for their salvation (Romans 4:4 KJV) when the gift of God is a salvation by grace through faith/not of works!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The answer to the question based on the word of God is "upon all them them that believe:...".

Here's another question. Believe what? I'll give you a hint. Where is the righteousness of God revealed?

I have looked back and found this post of yours after already answering your question you repeated in a later post. Not from the verse, but from the Bible, the word upon... I was thinking about the Holy Spirit in thinking about your question, if anything. What does it mean for righteousness to come upon a person?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved, is one answer.

There is a gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and it's that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. It is the gospel (good news) by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). That tells us that those who have not trusted the Lord believing IT are not saved. Have you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation? If not, you aren't saved.