Do you obey Jesus?

God's Truth

We were never commanded to keep the commandments!

Please read this scripture and tell me what Paul was telling the Philippians to obey.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Tell me what Paul was instructing the Thessalonians.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

Why would Paul want a believer put out?

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

If we do not have to obey anything, why would Paul call this believer wicked? If there is nothing to obey, what are we judging?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
James and Paul say nothing even hinting that anyone should break any one command.

State for the record your relationship to meshak

We are not under the law but under grace, the law was only ever given to the Jews....if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God you oght not to post in the ECT section.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What are you supposed to obey?

If you are not obeying what are you doing?
You dodge what specifically you tell us we have to obey over and over in every thread. So, until you answer using scripture and specifics, I've nothing to say to you. Take a hike.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jacob, Paul would ask and say of you:

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Galatians 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Galatians 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
State for the record your relationship to meshak
What relationship?
We are not under the law but under grace,
Yes.
the law was only ever given to the Jews....
Including those who live in Israel or with Israel and those who unite with Israel or become Jews or Israelites as proselytes or converts. Plus, the world is accountable to God through the Law given to the nation of Israel by God and through the prophet Moses, says Paul in the book/letter/epistle of/to the Romans.
if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God you oght not to post in the ECT section.
I believe Jesus is the Son of God and as a Christian I believe all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him by God. Therefore, all people should obey Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, Paul would ask and say of you:

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Galatians 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Galatians 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

I don't desire to be in bondage and I don't believe I am in bondage. If Paul is talking about Jewish feasts, festivals, holy days, or other Jewish days I still don't believe it is wrong to observe them. I believe Paul wanted the Galatians to know, whether they were Jew or Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, I do not know... Paul wanted them to know that salvation is not in these things. That is, if he was talking about Jewish days, months, times, and years. As a Christian I understand that many of the days Christians celebrate do not need to be celebrated, wrong or not. As a Jewish-Christian or a Christian practicing Jewish things and learning from the old covenant as a new covenant believer I know that I can either treat every day alike or that some days can be considered different from other days. But when I talk about obeying Jesus I hope people don't think this means to be under the Law. I do believe Jews and circumcised Gentiles can observe the Law with no repercussions. And, that people can be saved when they realize they have transgressed the Law and that Jesus not only observed and taught the Law but that He is our (Messiah,) Lord, and Savior. He is the King of Israel and King of the Jews and of the Gentiles and that means the whole world.

God's Truth

You dodge what specifically you tell us we have to obey over and over in every thread. So, until you answer using scripture and specifics, I've nothing to say to you. Take a hike.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't desire to be in bondage and I don't believe I am in bondage.
You are.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If Paul is talking about Jewish feasts, festivals, holy days, or other Jewish days I still don't believe it is wrong to observe them.
Of course you don't care what Paul says. You will not be corrected.

:wave2:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
wrong kingdom, wrong gospel

heir

TOL Subscriber
How is that for a start, heir?

Are you going to obey Jesus?
You still can't lay it all out. Why not? You've been saying for some time now that you obeyed to be saved and that the Lord told you what to obey to be saved. And when asked for specifics (ALL OF THEM), you come back with a couple of things "for a start". Lay it all out (requested umpteen times)or shut up.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are. Of course you don't care what Paul says. You will not be corrected.

Did Paul say this as a Jew?

1 Corinthians 9:20 NASB - 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
A circumcised man does not need to live apart from Christ such that He is without Christ. And a circumcised man cannot become uncircumcised.

Romans 3:30 NASB - 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Romans 4:11 NASB - 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,

1 Corinthians 7:18 NASB - 18 Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised.
Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Of course you don't care what Paul says. You will not be corrected.

heir

TOL Subscriber
A circumcised man does not need to live apart from Christ such that He is without Christ. And a circumcised man cannot become uncircumcised.

Romans 3:30 NASB - 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Romans 4:11 NASB - 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,

1 Corinthians 7:18 NASB - 18 Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised.

I'm short on time so I'll keep it short. You are convinced you have to keep the law. Foolish and bewitched, you have fallen from grace! And now you are just like those who bewitched the Galatians calling us disobedient if we don't keep the law Galatians 2:4 KJV. You're a mess. I hope you get straightened out (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm short on time so I'll keep it short. You are convinced you have to keep the law. Foolish and bewitched, you have fallen from grace! And now you are just like those who bewitched the Galatians calling us disobedient if we don't keep the law Galatians 2:4 KJV. You're a mess. I hope you get straightened out (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV).

A Christian should not be a law breaker. But a Christian is not under the law. He is under grace.

Obeying Jesus and obeying God's commands are the same if we are talking about obeying God's commands in Jesus. Did Jesus observe and teach the Law? Was what He taught the Law of Moses, the Law of God, or the Law of Moses and something more? What is the Law of God that Jesus taught?

Was what Jesus taught Israel and the Jews still there after His death? Meaning, is the Law to be observed by Israel following the death of Jesus, the death and burial of Jesus, the death burial and resurrection of Jesus, or the death burial resurrection appearing and ascension of Jesus?

God's Truth

You still can't lay it all out. Why not? You've been saying for some time now that you obeyed to be saved and that the Lord told you what to obey to be saved. And when asked for specifics (ALL OF THEM), you come back with a couple of things "for a start". Lay it all out (requested umpteen times)or shut up.

I gave you the scriptures many times.

Now tell us all if you obeyed those scriptures.

Because YOU WILL NOT enter or be forgiven unless you do those things.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What relationship?Yes.Including those who live in Israel or with Israel and those who unite with Israel or become Jews or Israelites as proselytes or converts. Plus, the world is accountable to God through the Law given to the nation of Israel by God and through the prophet Moses, says Paul in the book/letter/epistle of/to the Romans.I believe Jesus is the Son of God and as a Christian I believe all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him by God. Therefore, all people should obey Jesus.

Wiley character, state whether or not you believe Christ is God. The law came by Moses but grace and truth by Jesus Christ and we are not under the law but under grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Wiley character, state whether or not you believe Christ is God. The law came by Moses but grace and truth by Jesus Christ and we are not under the law but under grace.

Thomas said, "My Lord and my God". Paul said, "all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form". Deity is God. I have told you and stated that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus worshipped God. God is Jesus' Father. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. God is our Father. But none of us are the only begotten Son of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Thomas said, "My Lord and my God". Paul said, "all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form". Deity is God. I have told you and stated that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus worshipped God. God is Jesus' Father. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. God is our Father. But none of us are the only begotten Son of God.

The apostle said "my Lord and my God"....why don't just answer a question?