Do you obey Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you obey Jesus?

Jesus is Lord! When you recognize Jesus as Lord in your life you are recognizing who He is and that you are to obey Him.

Do you know what Jesus taught? Do you know His words and commands? God's instruction is for us, how much more the words of Jesus our Lord.

If you do not yet know Jesus as Lord you can read about Him, and about salvation in Him, in the Bible. Salvation cannot be found in this world, neither in heaven nor in earth, apart from Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rather vague question, as he gave different commands when he walked this filthy earth than he did from heaven through Paul.
By different commands do you mean you believe Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed?

Do you obey Jesus' commands?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you obey Jesus?
Sometimes.

But my salvation is not contingent on my obedience and righteousness, but on HIS obedience and righteousness.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Not two, Christ and you.
Just one, the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you are relying on your own obedience and righteousness, you are relying on the wrong one.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Many things beyond my control prevent me from obeying the red letters.
Do you obey them all?
I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed. I asked if anything prevents you because some people believe some or all of Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed by Gentiles, and some even believe none of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed by anyone. I want to get to the bottom of the matter of why people don't want to obey Jesus' commands.

I believe I should answer your question. I can answer that I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law. I believe Jesus observed and taught the law.

Why, in Evangelism, would a person tell others they are guilty by the Law of Moses but that they are not supposed to obey the commands of Jesus? It doesn't make sense.

I know salvation is not by works. I know we are to obey God's commands. I believe we should obey Jesus whether Jew or Gentile.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed. I asked if anything prevents you because some people believe some or all of Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed by Gentiles, and some even believe none of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed by anyone. I want to get to the bottom of the matter of why people don't want to obey Jesus' commands.

I believe I should answer your question. I can answer that I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law. I believe Jesus observed and taught the law.

Why, in Evangelism, would a person tell others they are guilty by the Law of Moses but that they are not supposed to obey the commands of Jesus? It doesn't make sense.

I know salvation is not by works. I know we are to obey God's commands. I believe we should obey Jesus whether Jew or Gentile.

You stay busy obeying. I'm saved and sealed, baptized by the Holy Spirit - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:14 KJV -

SaulToPaul 2

My answer is that most of the commands in the red letters, you cannot do.

Paul's letters are the commandments of the LORD also.

Can you do both?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law.
"Much" of it won't do.

James 2 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 3 KJV
(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 16 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.​

Do you obey this?
I have addressed elsewhere that this command of Jesus was obeyed. Now we His followers (disciples) are to tell people He is the Christ. The Bible is an example of where this is done.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My answer is that most of the commands in the red letters, you cannot do.

Paul's letters are the commandments of the LORD also.

Can you do both?

I see no reason why not. We are to obey Jesus' commands, and they are in red letters in many Bibles. Whether your Bible has red letters or not is not the question. The question is if you obey Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Much" of it won't do.

James 2 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 3 KJV
(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
I understand you are saying if you break one command you have broken the Law. I am saved. I presently do not wear tzit-tzit. But I see nothing wrong with any of God's commands. We are to obey the commands of Jesus. Jesus observed and taught the Law.

SaulToPaul 2

I see no reason why not. We are to obey Jesus' commands, and they are in red letters in many Bibles. Whether your Bible has red letters or not is not the question. The question is if you obey Jesus.

Most of the things he told the lost sheep of the house of Israel, in the first century, under the Law, I cannot obey.

I suspect that you cannot either.

But we can obey the LORD's commandments found in Paul's letters.