Do you obey Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The only "disobedience" going on here are those who refuse to obey the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV/ believing not 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). Many times this disobedience shows itself in a person trying to work for their salvation (Romans 4:4 KJV) when the gift of God is a salvation by grace through faith/not of works!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Obeying God's commands is not disobedience. Not obeying the gospel is an indicator of disobedience (it is disobedience).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is a gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and it's that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. It is the gospel (good news) by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). That tells us that those who have not trusted the Lord believing IT are not saved. Have you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation? If not, you aren't saved.

I have.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have looked back and found this post of yours after already answering your question you repeated in a later post. Not from the verse, but from the Bible, the word upon... I was thinking about the Holy Spirit in thinking about your question, if anything. What does it mean for righteousness to come upon a person?
The righteousness of God is unto all meaning that all men can be saved (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) and upon all them that believe meaning put to our account/imputed (Romans 4:24-25 KJV) after we trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

As to the question I asked about where the righteousness of God is revealed: it is revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's good. Then I see you like a Galatian. Someone has bewitched you into thinking you need to keep the law!

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The righteousness of God is unto all meaning that all men can be saved (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) and upon all them that believe meaning put to our account/imputed (Romans 4:24-25 KJV) after we trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

As to the question I asked about where the righteousness of God is revealed: it is revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This is all good.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's good. Then I see you like a Galatian. Someone has bewitched you into thinking you need to keep the law!

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

No, no one has.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You most certainly are!

Or you are being or have been disobedient or you did not hear His commands or you don't know what they are or you don't know what to do about them for whatever reason.
You want to place us under a curse!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The law is not of faith!

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

We were never under the law! The law was Israel's (and those allied with them) schoolmaster to bring them to Christ!

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't. Jesus said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." We are talking about obeying Jesus here.
Why do you resort to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John that have nothing to do with us? (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You most certainly are!

You want to place us under a curse!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The law is not of faith!

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

We were never under the law! The law was Israel's (and those allied with them) schoolmaster to bring them to Christ!

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

You do not understand the scriptures. Something is wrong. And I am circumcised. No one can place you under a curse.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You do not understand the scriptures.
I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV)
Something is wrong.
Yes, you resist the truth.
And I am circumcised.
:chuckle:
No one can place you under a curse.
The point is that you are trying to place others under the law just like those who were trying to put the Galatians under the law! And what did Paul tell the Galatians?

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How do you obey Jesus?
Why did you not answer my question?

Why do you resort to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John that have nothing to do with us? (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV)

How do you obey Jesus?
by faith

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

by the gospel

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV) Yes, you resist the truth.:chuckle: The point is that you are trying to place others under the law just like those who were trying to put the Galatians under the law! And what did Paul tell the Galatians?

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

You are wrong. The Law is for the sinner.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why did you not answer my question?

by faith

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

by the gospel

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Do you know the commands of Jesus? Where did you learn them from? I did answer your question. You have a problem with something in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I did answer your question. You have a problem with something in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.
No, you didn't. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have nothing to do with us (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV) yet that is where you want to lead everyone, to a time past and future message to Israel. Why do you insist on knowing Christ after the flesh (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV). Our instructions are by direct revelation of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) to us (Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV) in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timtothy 1:13 KJV). It is the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested (Romans 3:21-22 KJV), where we are dead to the law by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV) and where we have liberty in Christ and are not to be entangled with the yoke of bondage (Galatians 5:1-4 KJV). You need to recover yourself to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV)putting yourself on the same page God would have you as you have been spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are doing a good job defending Jesus' word, Jacob.

thank you:)
Says the woman who believes not the glorious gospel of Christ and is blinded.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you know the commands of Jesus?
I am not under the law and neither are you. The grace of God is our teacher.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;