Do you obey Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?"-Jacob
Are you referencing a specific post here? Which post are you referring to? Is there a command you think I have a problem with?
You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.
john w, I am not on pot so either you are accusing me of being a liar or you have no other way (that you can think of) to (try to) say what you are trying/wanting to say.

I don't understand why you would accuse me of being a habitual liar. Does it help for me to address that you have said this about me? How would you like me to proceed? How can we solve what doesn't make sense to you about me?

john w

Hall of Fame
john w, I am not on pot so either you are accusing me of being a liar or you have no other way (that you can think of) to (try to) say what you are trying/wanting to say.

"This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus?"-you

Quite irrelevant, including whether I "obey Jesus." You, not me, "argued:"

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed.....Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me,..I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. ."-Jacob

"This is not lying."-You

Yes it is-the above-"all of" his commands...

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?..."-Jacob

I don't understand why you would accuse me of being a habitual liar. Does it help for me to address that you have said this about me? How would you like me to proceed? How can we solve what doesn't make sense to you about me?

You must be on pot, or you are a habitual liar-all sane members of TOL, can see, below, that you are lying:

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed.....Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me,..I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. ."-Jacob

"This is not lying."-You

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?..."-Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus?"-you

Quite irrelevant, including whether I "obey Jesus." You, not me, "argued:"

"This is not lying."-You

Vs.

You must be on pot, or you are a habitual liar-all sane members of TOL, can see, below, that you are lying:

"This is not lying."-You

Vs.

How would they not apply to me john w? I am arguing with you that they do apply to me.

john w

Hall of Fame
How would they not apply to me john w? I am arguing with you that they do apply to me.

Again-fine-leave all you have, sell all you have.

Let me guess: That does not apply to you, and "all" does not really mean "all."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Obey your thirst

heir

TOL Subscriber

How could any apply to you when we live in the but now where the rigteousness of God without the law is manifested?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The questions then that are in need of answering are:

Do you have the righteousness of God upon you?

and

If so, how did you get it?

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Incorrect.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How could any apply to you when we live in the but now where the rigteousness of God without the law is manifested?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
The questions then that are in need of answering are:

ans

I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Are you talking about personal righteousness, practical righteousness, positional righteousness, or imputed righteousness?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Are you talking about personal righteousness, practical righteousness, positional righteousness, or imputed righteousness?
Well, since you have none of your own (Romans 3:10-12 KJV) and the passage (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) speaks of the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ: the questions remain the same:

and

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, since you have none of your own (Romans 3:10-12 KJV) and the passage (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) speaks of the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ: the questions remain the same:

and

All four of the categories of righteousness I mentioned are in God and Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you didn't and you know it. Try again.

and

I'm not using the word upon. I don't know what doctrine that is. I answered that I have righteousness in God and Jesus. That is the only way you can have true righteousness in any of these areas or categories of righteousness.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm not using the word upon. I don't know what doctrine that is.
That's odd. It's right there in the verse.

I answered that I have righteousness in God and Jesus.
I don't know what that means. How did you get it?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm not using the word upon. I don't know what doctrine that is. I answered that I have righteousness in God and Jesus. That is the only way you can have true righteousness in any of these areas or categories of righteousness.
And to be clear, there is only ONE WAY to get the righteousness of God! I'm trying to give you the opportunity to tell me how that is. It's right there in the passage!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's odd. It's right there in the verse.

I don't know what that means. How did you get it?

I see the word upon in this verse.

The righteousness that is imputed to believers is on account of what God did in Jesus when He died for you. Is that the righteousness of God that you are talking about?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I see the word upon in this verse.

The righteousness that is imputed to believers is on account of what God did in Jesus when He died for you. Is that the righteousness of God that you are talking about?
Yes, the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ. Do you have it? And if so, how did you get it?