Do you obey Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your best effort is not good enough. Sin is not allowed in heaven. Even Traditio, that idiot communist, understands this from the "old Testament".

Leviticus 22

21 When anyone brings from the herd or flock a fellowship offering to the Lord to fulfill a special vow or as a freewill offering, it must be without defect or blemish to be acceptable.
There is nothing here about best effort. Only Jesus can save you.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is nothing wrong with this command, these things God commanded through Jesus.

Matthew 19:21 NASB - 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mark 10:21 NASB - 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Luke 12:33 NASB - 33 "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys.

Luke 18:22 NASB - 22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Acts 4:34 NASB - 34 For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales

Are you speaking of something else or do you have a problem with any of these?

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-Jacob

Fine-do it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Fine-do it.
Do what? If you are telling me to obey Jesus I believe you are correct in that I ought and that I should. I believe I do. There is nothing wrong in telling you that you should to.

john w

Hall of Fame
Can you give me some examples of Jesus and Paul giving different commands?
One of many....

Matthew 5:22 KJV but I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Vs.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Was Paul in danger of hell fire, when he called the Galatians, fools?

I know, I know...."The context here is...."

john w

Hall of Fame
Do what? If you are telling me to obey Jesus I believe you are correct in that I ought and that I should. I believe I do. There is nothing wrong in telling you that you should to.

Fine. Leave all, sell all. Show yourself to a Leviical priest, and offer the gift Moses commanded. Go to Jerusalem, 3 times/year, to celebrate 3 of the "appointed times."

Do it.

whitestone

I questioned your comment because I am mostly in the same page with KR.

I know,I appreciate your honesty,,I said that to K.R. because if she believes what she said to Tam. in p.#69,,,then its only one step in seeing Paul,as an message spoken in regards,because of,afterward,ect.,,,

many were confused when that guy named Moses was sent. They weren't sure if they were to follow him or another. Then that guy Jesus came,some grasp to follow him,others thought,no,,and gave him no regard,,,,lol some cannot draw the same clear line at Paul and hold on to the former,,,,lol and some say it(by accident),,,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

fine. Leave all, sell all. Show yourself to a Leviical priest, and offer the gift Moses commanded. Go to Jerusalem, 3 times/year, to celebrate 3 of the "appointed times."

Do it.

I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me they are for my obedience. The last I heard there is no temple. When Jesus commands a person to do something, he ought to do it.

john w

Hall of Fame
I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me they are for my obedience. The last I heard there is no temple. When Jesus commands a person to do something, he ought to do it.
Observe, the continued deception:

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me"-Jacob

We all see through your con job, sport, i.e., Obey all of His commands, but not all of them, only the ones that apply to you, which means you lied when you assert,said "all of"-or, you're on pot. No other option.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Observe, the continued deception:

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me"-Jacob

We all see through your con job, sport, i.e., Obey all of His commands, but not all of them, only the ones that apply to you, which means you lied when you assert,said "all of"-or, you're on pot. No other option.

Is there a command you do not obey is different from the question of if there is a command that is not for you.

If you are a Jew either all of His commands are for you or you believe you are not under the Law.

If you are a Gentile which command would not be for you based on the fact that you are a Gentile, if any?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is there a command you do not obey is different from the question of if there is a command that is not for you.

If you are a Jew either all of His commands are for you or you believe you are not under the Law.

If you are a Gentile which command would not be for you based on the fact that you are a Gentile, if any?

You're a jew

john w

Hall of Fame

Vs.

He concedes that he is lying, or on pot.

Vs.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Vs.

Vs.

There is no concession by not responding to a specific point you are seeking to make. I don't do drugs. I don't need to justify myself in this, and I am not seeking to rebuke you for anything. As for your claim that I am lying, I have made my response to you. I am circumcised and seek to obey all of Torah. I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law (the Torah), and that it is not all for everyone's obedience. There are reasons for my being obedient to the commands that I am obedient to. When we talk about obeying Jesus His commands were to the nation of Israel, but we also have the Gentiles and the Gentile world. So, if you are not of Israel are you under the Law? Being under grace as a Christian or a believer in Yeshua as the Messiah you are not under the Law. This is different than saying you are not Israel or not of Israel. Jesus observed and taught the Law, but the question is if you obey Jesus. If you say you don't because you are a Gentile is there a problem? Should both Jews and Gentiles obey Jesus? Are the commands any different as a Gentile?

Your question, as I understand it, has to do with commands for specific people other than you. Are you dealing with if you should obey what Jesus commanded individuals who are not you? Commands for individual people may be for you. I cannot say they are not.

I am not wearing tzit-tzit. In this I fall short. I have not made a decision to wear tzit-tzit. Do you want to ask me any questions about not wearing tzit-tzit? I don't know if Jesus gave any individual this command. But it is a part of Torah and I believe He observed and taught the Law.

God wants us to obey Him and His Son Jesus.

Last edited: