Do you obey Jesus?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you saying you believe you should not obey Jesus?
I'm saying the opposite of you.
I'm saying not every command of Jesus is for me to obey.

Either you should obey Jesus or you should not obey Jesus. Therefore, you should obey Jesus.
One of His commands to His followers was to tell no one He is the Christ.
One of His commands to His followers was to sell all you have.
One of His commands to His followers was to heal the sick.
One of His commands to His followers was to raise the dead.
One of His commands to His followers was to cast out demons.
(And that's just a few.)

But that's not what you do, now is it?

KingdomRose

I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed. I asked if anything prevents you because some people believe some or all of Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed by Gentiles, and some even believe none of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed by anyone. I want to get to the bottom of the matter of why people don't want to obey Jesus' commands.

I believe I should answer your question. I can answer that I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law. I believe Jesus observed and taught the law.

Why, in Evangelism, would a person tell others they are guilty by the Law of Moses but that they are not supposed to obey the commands of Jesus? It doesn't make sense.

I know salvation is not by works. I know we are to obey God's commands. I believe we should obey Jesus whether Jew or Gentile.

Jesus fulfilled the Law, and his sacrifice replaced the offering of animals. The Law was no longer necessary to lead people to Christ, because he had finally come. That is all the Law was for: to show that humans needed to recognize their sinful state & obey God, and to point ahead to the Messiah who would give his life as a sacrifice better than bulls and goats.

If you think following the Law is necessary, you are ignoring what Jesus did in fulfilling the Law and taking out of the way the document that condemned Israel. Reading Hebrews chapters 8 through 10 might inform you of what is involved in fulfilling the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-Jacob

Fine. Leave all, sell all you have.
There is nothing wrong with this command, these things God commanded through Jesus.

Matthew 19:21 NASB - 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mark 10:21 NASB - 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Luke 12:33 NASB - 33 "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys.

Luke 18:22 NASB - 22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Acts 4:34 NASB - 34 For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales

Are you speaking of something else or do you have a problem with any of these?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
MAD followers,

Jesus said "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you."

You don't seem to esteem Jesus' word much.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree. I know him as my Lord and my King. (Do you take him seriously enough to not vote for anyone else?)

He taught his disciples many things, and I have seen that none of the churches that say they're Christian really follow what he says.

He said:

(1)We must pray to the Father and no one else. (Matthew 6:9)

(2)We must honor God's name. (Matthew 6:9)

(3)We must pray for His Kingdom/ government to come. (Matt.6:10)

(4)We must go to all nations and preach about the Kingdom that is coming. (Matt.24:14)

(5)Place God's Kingdom in first place in our lives, and all other things will be added to us. (Matt.6:33)

(6)Love even our enemies. (Matt.5:44) That includes not joining a military institution and learning to kill.

(7)We must not be part of the world (its politics, its lack of morals, its materialism, etc.). (John 15:18,19; John 17:14)

There is much more, but how about it? Do you follow these instructions from Jesus?

Sure, but I am not a Jehovah's Witness.

I see no problem with voting. If you don't know what choice to make don't make a choice. Perhaps this will mean you don't vote at all. But if you are comfortable voting or become comfortable voting it is possible for you to do.

The kingdom of God is more important than voting. But this means to speak the truth in the church, not to vote anywhere for wicked people, church or not.

KingdomRose

Matthew 16 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.​

Do you obey this?

What a shallow understanding. That was instruction for a short period of time, for whatever reason. He also told them at one point that they should go ONLY to the House of Israel, and not the nations. Did it change later? Yes! After Israel had gotten a thorough witness, the disciples were instructed to go to the Gentiles.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed....No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception."-you

Fine. Leave all, sell all you have.

If I felt Jesus was telling me to do so, I would. But I can't be persuaded by you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm saying the opposite of you.
I'm saying not every command of Jesus is for me to obey.

One of His commands to His followers was to tell no one He is the Christ.
One of His commands to His followers was to sell all you have.
One of His commands to His followers was to heal the sick.
One of His commands to His followers was to raise the dead.
One of His commands to His followers was to cast out demons.
(And that's just a few.)

But that's not what you do, now is it?
There is no problem with any of these commands. Now you need to know what Jesus wants you to do.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you become a Jew or an Israelite through circumcision you are to observe, obey, keep the whole law.

I am just giving the other part to what Tambora posted to you from James. If you fail one point, you fail all. The lamb is to be without spot or blemish. You have not hung onto what we preached to you when you posted as "untellectual". Thanks for changing your screen name, I prefer this one even if you mean it for the wrong reason.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus fulfilled the Law, and his sacrifice replaced the offering of animals. The Law was no longer necessary to lead people to Christ, because he had finally come. That is all the Law was for: to show that humans needed to recognize their sinful state & obey God, and to point ahead to the Messiah who would give his life as a sacrifice better than bulls and goats.

If you think following the Law is necessary, you are ignoring what Jesus did in fulfilling the Law and taking out of the way the document that condemned Israel. Reading Hebrews chapters 8 through 10 might inform you of what is involved in fulfilling the Law.

I understand that is what you use Hebrews 8 through 10 to do. All you need is Matthew 5:17 NASB to know that Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

As for animal sacrifices they are not done with no temple.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am just giving the other part to what Tambora posted to you from James. If you fail one point, you fail all. The lamb is to be without spot or blemish. You have not hung onto what we preached to you when you posted as "untellectual". Thanks for changing your screen name, I prefer this one even if you mean it for the wrong reason.

Yes, Nick M. But I myself am already a believer.

KingdomRose

For one thing, Jesus was not telling people of all times and all places and all situations to obey his commands. They are not universal. That is your assumption.

Oh yes he was. He taught that anyone who wanted to reconcile with the Father must go through him. (John 14:6)

The world was plunged into sin and death by the act of one man, and he was not a Jew. Jesus came here to set matters straight...matters that this non-Jew created for his progeny. So why would what Jesus said be for just the Jews?

You are dead wrong. God told Abraham that ALL THE NATIONS would be blessed by means of his descendant, the Messiah. (Genesis 12:3; Genesis 18:18) We all must obey what Jesus said.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no idea what you are telling me to do. But I do know that whatever Jesus has commanded for your obedience you should obey.

Your best effort is not good enough. Sin is not allowed in heaven. Even Traditio, that idiot communist, understands this from the "old Testament".

Leviticus 22

21 When anyone brings from the herd or flock a fellowship offering to the Lord to fulfill a special vow or as a freewill offering, it must be without defect or blemish to be acceptable.

whitestone

What a shallow understanding. That was instruction for a short period of time, for whatever reason. He also told them at one point that they should go ONLY to the House of Israel, and not the nations. Did it change later? Yes! After Israel had gotten a thorough witness, the disciples were instructed to go to the Gentiles.

hmmm,,,if you think this,,, why fall short of grasping dispensationism?,,,

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you give me some examples of Jesus and Paul giving different commands?

Before.

Matthew 19

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” 17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

After

Romans 7

9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

And for the record, Paul's instruction for us comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.