Do you obey Jesus?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am about to die within an year or so,,,obey Jesus and heal me or explain to the rest why you did not obey Jesus,,,,,,,

did you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

If you sincerely strive to be true to Jesus, you have nothing to worry about.

You don't seem to have confidence in Jesus' word.

Read the gospels; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Jesus' teachings are all written in those books.

blessings.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Do you obey Jesus?

Jesus is Lord! When you recognize Jesus as Lord in your life you are recognizing who He is and that you are to obey Him.

Do you know what Jesus taught? Do you know His words and commands? God's instruction is for us, how much more the words of Jesus our Lord.

If you do not yet know Jesus as Lord you can read about Him, and about salvation in Him, in the Bible. Salvation cannot be found in this world, neither in heaven nor in earth, apart from Him.
If the elects didn't obey him then they won't be elects. All those he chose obeyed him. He commands belief. He doesn't not command unregenerates. Every single elects given to Jesus will obey with belief, faith.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
By different commands do you mean you believe Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed?

Do you obey Jesus' commands?

Do YOU?

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart with all thy soul and with all thy mind...then thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

The best you can say is that you are trying, well we all trying, but first let us concern ourselves with getting saved God's way which is by faith.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I never claim that. Why do you twist messengers' word?

this thread is all about Jesus' word, dude.

If you say salvation depends upon obedience and then admit you are not obedient then where is you hope of salvation? Quit preaching lies...you think God will be pleased if you preach lies?

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do YOU?

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart with all thy soul and with all thy mind...then thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

The best you can say is that you are trying, well we all trying, but first let us concern ourselves with getting saved God's way which is by faith.
I am saved and I believe I keep God's commands in Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
Is there a command you do not obey is different from the question of if there is a command that is not for you.

If you are a Jew either all of His commands are for you or you believe you are not under the Law.

If you are a Gentile which command would not be for you based on the fact that you are a Gentile, if any?

Observe, the continued deception:

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-Jacob

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me"-Jacob

We all see through your con job, sport, i.e., Obey all of His commands, but not all of them, only the ones that apply to you, which means you lied when you assert,said "all of"-or, you're on pot. No other option.

SaulToPaul 2

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me"-Jacob

We all see through your con job, sport, i.e., Obey all of His commands, but not all of them, only the ones that apply to you, which means you lied when you assert,said "all of"-or, you're on pot. No other option.

Rule #1:

Obey all rules

saint john w the great: "Thanks for checking in, Rummy."

john w

Hall of Fame
Rule #1:

Obey all rules

saint john w the great: "Thanks for checking in, Rummy."

Secondly: Do not write on the the Mayor's homepage TOL wall, as takes a lot of work, for the Mayor,to erase writing,off this wall, given that he needs constant "pick me up's" during the day, to avoid "sinking spells."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

john w,

Do you understand that some people believe that since they are Gentiles and Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him? Do Jews need to obey Jesus? Yes. Why not Gentiles?

Do you believe we should obey all of God's commands? Some say we don't need to obey old covenant commands.

Jesus observed and taught the Law. If we are to obey all of His commands does that mean we obey the commands of God that Jesus taught that are found in the Law?

There is not one command that Jesus excepted from the Law. Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me, and why would it not be the same for the Gentile? Or, Jews live by the Law of the land of Israel, the Law of Moses, and Gentiles do not though Jews and Gentiles are on equal standing in Christ.

I was born a Gentile. Am I now a Jew if I obey God's commands in Jesus? Maybe not everyone obeys perfectly. But the fault is not with the commands. The fault is with those who do not obey them. Ought we to obey them? Yes.

Acts 15 shows that there are things (from the Law) for Gentiles to observe. But in Christ neither Jew nor Gentile is UNDER the Law.

With tzit-tzit, would you say this command does not apply to me? Why would I not wear tzit-tzit? I have had my reason, but if I am to obey all of God's commands this would include tzit-tzit. Why not obey all of Jesus' commands? He has observed and taught the Law. Were the commandments (just) for the Jews? They were for the Jews. Others can obey them as well. They are God's commands. Did Jesus teach anything in addition to the Law or anything different from the Law?

I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. If there is something you are taught that impresses upon you something you must do in obedience to God, does it have to have been a command? No, but it might be a command that was meant for a specific or certain individual. It can still be meant for you. But it might not.

If it applies to me might have been if the old covenant law or the Law of Moses applies to me, and what is the place of the Law in the life of the believer (today)? It may be some individual or for a specific group of people that doesn't apply to me, like not telling people that Jesus is the Christ. It is a command and it was to be obeyed. Is it still to be obeyed by other people today? I believe your point would be that it is a command of Jesus.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sometimes.

But my salvation is not contingent on my obedience and righteousness, but on HIS obedience and righteousness.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Not two, Christ and you.
Just one, the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you are relying on your own obedience and righteousness, you are relying on the wrong one.

Totally

john w

Hall of Fame
john w,

Do you understand that some people believe that since they are Gentiles and Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him? Do Jews need to obey Jesus? Yes. Why not Gentiles?

Do you believe we should obey all of God's commands? Some say we don't need to obey old covenant commands.

Jesus observed and taught the Law. If we are to obey all of His commands does that mean we obey the commands of God that Jesus taught that are found in the Law?

There is not one command that Jesus excepted from the Law. Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me, and why would it not be the same for the Gentile? Or, Jews live by the Law of the land of Israel, the Law of Moses, and Gentiles do not though Jews and Gentiles are on equal standing in Christ.

I was born a Gentile. Am I now a Jew if I obey God's commands in Jesus? Maybe not everyone obeys perfectly. But the fault is not with the commands. The fault is with those who do not obey them. Ought we to obey them? Yes.

Acts 15 shows that there are things (from the Law) for Gentiles to observe. But in Christ neither Jew nor Gentile is UNDER the Law.

With tzit-tzit, would you say this command does not apply to me? Why would I not wear tzit-tzit? I have had my reason, but if I am to obey all of God's commands this would include tzit-tzit. Why not obey all of Jesus' commands? He has observed and taught the Law. Were the commandments (just) for the Jews? They were for the Jews. Others can obey them as well. They are God's commands. Did Jesus teach anything in addition to the Law or anything different from the Law?

I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. If there is something you are taught that impresses upon you something you must do in obedience to God, does it have to have been a command? No, but it might be a command that was meant for a specific or certain individual. It can still be meant for you. But it might not.

If it applies to me might have been if the old covenant law or the Law of Moses applies to me, and what is the place of the Law in the life of the believer (today)? It may be some individual or for a specific group of people that doesn't apply to me, like not telling people that Jesus is the Christ. It is a command and it was to be obeyed. Is it still to be obeyed by other people today? I believe your point would be that it is a command of Jesus.

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed.....Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me,..I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. ."-Jacob

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?"-Jacob

Slower: You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not at all. I have no idea why you would say so.
This is true. If you become a Jew or an Israelite through circumcision you are to observe, obey, keep the whole law. Paul is pointing out that circumcision is not a requirement for salvation. If a person thinks getting circumcised will save them, they are wrong. Circumcision is about keeping the whole law. The one who is circumcised must keep the whole law.

James says if you break one command you are guilty of all....[James always agrees with Paul]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed.....Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me,..I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. ."-Jacob

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?"-Jacob

Slower: You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.

Why would you say that any command does not apply to you? Is it because you are a Gentile? See Acts 15. God's commands are even for Gentiles.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why would you say that any command does not apply to you? Is it because you are a Gentile? See Acts 15. God's commands are even for Gentiles.

Quite irrelevant:

Vs.

You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Quite irrelevant:

Vs.

I don't understand you john w. Are you bringing up a post on this subject from a thread years ago, or at least a long time ago? I have been observing the Law minus tzit-tzit for about two years now. But this does not change that salvation is not by works for either Jew or Gentile, or that Christians and those who are Jewish and are saved having believed Yeshua to be the Messiah, are under the Law. This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus? If you believe you obey Jesus but you don't observe the Law that He taught that is okay and I am sure you have a reason you believe what you do. I can be content with that answer. I just currently believe Jesus observed and taught the Law and I don't see what would convince me of anything different from this. This is not lying.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't understand you john w. Are you bringing up a post on this subject from a thread years ago, or at least a long time ago? I have been observing the Law minus tzit-tzit for about two years now. But this does not change that salvation is not by works for either Jew or Gentile, or that Christians and those who are Jewish and are saved having believed Yeshua to be the Messiah, are under the Law. This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus? If you believe you obey Jesus but you don't observe the Law that He taught that is okay and I am sure you have a reason you believe what you do. I can be content with that answer. I just currently believe Jesus observed and taught the Law and I don't see what would convince me of anything different from this. This is not lying.

"This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus?"-you

Quite irrelevant, including whether I "obey Jesus." You, not me, "argued:"

"This is not lying."-You

Yes it is-the above-"all of" his commands...

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?..."-Jacob