Do you obey Jesus?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Incorrect. This command is to be understood by me, but it is not that it should not be obeyed or that I should not obey it, but that Jesus was commanding something at a particular time for a particular reason. Therefore, your difficulty is solved.
It's not my difficulty.

I am full aware that not all the commands of Jesus should be obeyed by every follower He has ever had.
So why even attempt to say that we should obey everything Jesus commanded?

The problem is that you think I should be guilty for not obeying this command.
You can either accept that we should obey every command of Jesus, or that we should not obey every command of Jesus.
Obviously we should not obey every command of Jesus, as you readily admit that you do not obey that particular command.

It is fault finding, and a requirement not intended for me.
Then you readily admit that not all commands of Jesus are to be obeyed by us.

If God gives any of His children the opportunity to obey this command they should. I see no reason to not obey this command. This is about God's power, not yours or mine.
The command was for His disciples to heal the sick, cleanse the leapers, raise the dead, cast out demons.
Are you obeying that?
I know I'm not.
I haven't done any of those things.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's not my difficulty.

I am full aware that not all the commands of Jesus should be obeyed by every follower He has ever had.
So why even attempt to say that we should obey everything Jesus commanded?
Are you saying you believe you should not obey Jesus? Either you should obey Jesus or you should not obey Jesus. Therefore, you should obey Jesus.
You can either accept that we should obey every command of Jesus, or that we should not obey every command of Jesus.
Obviously we should not obey every command of Jesus, as you readily admit that you do not obey that particular command.

Then you readily admit that not all commands of Jesus are to be obeyed by us.

The command was for His disciples to heal the sick, cleanse the leapers, raise the dead, cast out demons.
Are you obeying that?
I know I'm not.
I haven't done any of those things.

john w

Hall of Fame
I have addressed elsewhere that this command of Jesus was obeyed. Now we His followers (disciples) are to tell people He is the Christ. The Bible is an example of where this is done.

You did not "argue" that. You argued:

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-Jacob

Do it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Again, I see no reason why not. I see no rationale for your saying you cannot or that I cannot. What prevents you from obeying Jesus? Whatever it is should be taken out of the way.

You also believe "all of His commands" does not mean "all"-there is "wiggle room."

Deception. And just to whom do you think that you are "debating" on this great forum-your Uncle Joe, whoosamovin' kinda slow?

john w

Hall of Fame
True.

Incorrect. This command is to be understood by me, but it is not that it should not be obeyed or that I should not obey it, but that Jesus was commanding something at a particular time for a particular reason. Therefore, your difficulty is solved.The problem is that you think I should be guilty for not obeying this command. It is fault finding, and a requirement not intended for me.

Translated: All of His commands are to be obeyed, except for those that were not intended for me, Jacob, as "all of" does not really mean "all of," or I need to take another hit off my bong, you see, uh, urr............

Another self righteous fraud is marked/identified/exposed/outed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You did not "argue" that. You argued:

Do it.

I have no idea what you are telling me to do. But I do know that whatever Jesus has commanded for your obedience you should obey.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You also believe "all of His commands" does not mean "all"-there is "wiggle room."

Deception. And just to whom do you think that you are "debating" on this great forum-your Uncle Joe, whoosamovin' kinda slow?

No wiggle room at all john w.

What do you know about my uncle Joe?

You are not making sense.

My uncle Joe is dead. Why are you making an issue of that on this thread? This thread is about obeying Jesus. It has nothing to do with anyone's uncle.

john w

Hall of Fame
What I meant was is there something you have to get past in order to obey Jesus.

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-you

Is there something you have to get past in order to obey "Jesus," where he tells you to leave all, sell all you have, and show yourself to a Levitical priest?

You're a fraud, asserting "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed," but when challenged by us to obey one of the commands" of "Jesus," part of the "all of," you spin like a top, twisted in a ball of neurons, and ropes, and yarn, and cobwebs, so much so, that you cannot think straight, as birds and stars circle that mind full of mush of yours.

Sell all you have, per "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."

john w

Hall of Fame
No wiggle room at all john w.

What do you know about my uncle Joe?

You are not making sense.

My uncle Joe is dead. Why are you making an issue of that on this thread? This thread is about obeying Jesus. It has nothing to do with anyone's uncle.

The elevator is not going up, here, folks.

"No wiggle room at all john w."-you

Sell all you have.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Translated: All of His commands are to be obeyed, except for those that were not intended for me, Jacob, as "all of" does not really mean "all of," or I need to take another hit off my bong, you see, uh, urr............

Another self righteous fraud is marked/identified/exposed/outed.

No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception.

If what prevents you is that you are a Gentile then you may have some things to work through. Because even Gentiles are to obey Jesus.

If you are a Jew then either you believe there is a new covenant or you don't. And you either believe you should obey the commands found in the old covenant or you don't.

Jesus observed and taught the Law. He taught Jews the Law. Paul said that God's Law, the Law of Moses which is the Law of Israel, is or was so that all the world becomes accountable to God. You either obey it or you don't.

Can you say you don't obey the Law but you do obey Jesus? Not if Jesus observed and taught the Law. Does this statement apply to Jews only or are both Jews and Gentiles, who are believers, not under the Law?

You are not under the Law you are under grace.

But no one is faulted for obeying the commands of God found in the Law. And Jesus observed and taught the Law. So, do you obey Jesus? The question is if all believers are not under the Law or if Gentile believers do not have to obey what Jesus taught of obedience to the Law. If all the world is accountable by the Law that Jesus taught, why would anyone say they don't have to obey Jesus? Saying you are a Gentile is not an excuse of the Law. I don't know that you do.

But, think about this. Do you obey Jesus? If you say "no" to this question the question is "why not?" People have different reasons they do not obey Jesus. And responses to this question may be different and for different reasons.

It is not wrong to tell people to obey Jesus. I have no problem with wanting to obey Jesus at all times. There is no reason for any excuses. If a person can say they obey Jesus then they can tell others to obey Jesus. If a person wants to obey Jesus they can say that you should obey Jesus. If a person tries to obey Jesus they should receive help in where they fall short.

If you think I am self-righteous your judgment of me should have no bearing upon whether or not you choose to obey Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-you

Is there something you have to get past in order to obey "Jesus," where he tells you to leave all, sell all you have, and show yourself to a Levitical priest?
I have no problem with these things john w.
You're a fraud, asserting "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed," but when challenged by us to obey one of the commands" of "Jesus," part of the "all of," you spin like a top, twisted in a ball of neurons, and ropes, and yarn, and cobwebs, so much so, that you cannot think straight, as birds and stars circle that mind full of mush of yours.

Sell all you have, per "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."
John w, I do not have much but I believe I am to be a steward of what I have.

john w

Hall of Fame
No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception.

Fine. Leave all, sell all you have.

KingdomRose

Do you obey Jesus?

Jesus is Lord! When you recognize Jesus as Lord in your life you are recognizing who He is and that you are to obey Him.

Do you know what Jesus taught? Do you know His words and commands? God's instruction is for us, how much more the words of Jesus our Lord.

If you do not yet know Jesus as Lord you can read about Him, and about salvation in Him, in the Bible. Salvation cannot be found in this world, neither in heaven nor in earth, apart from Him.

I agree. I know him as my Lord and my King. (Do you take him seriously enough to not vote for anyone else?)

He taught his disciples many things, and I have seen that none of the churches that say they're Christian really follow what he says.

He said:

(1)We must pray to the Father and no one else. (Matthew 6:9)

(2)We must honor God's name. (Matthew 6:9)

(3)We must pray for His Kingdom/ government to come. (Matt.6:10)

(4)We must go to all nations and preach about the Kingdom that is coming. (Matt.24:14)

(5)Place God's Kingdom in first place in our lives, and all other things will be added to us. (Matt.6:33)

(6)Love even our enemies. (Matt.5:44) That includes not joining a military institution and learning to kill.

(7)We must not be part of the world (its politics, its lack of morals, its materialism, etc.). (John 15:18,19; John 17:14)

There is much more, but how about it? Do you follow these instructions from Jesus?

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you believe you are telling me what Jesus wants me to do?

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed....No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception."-you

Fine. Leave all, sell all you have.