What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

God's Truth

Nicodemus helped bury Jesus.

"And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds. Then they took the body of Jesus and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury." (John 19:39-40)

Nicodemus did not acknowledge Jesus before men.

lifeisgood

A person is born again when Jesus saves them by washing away all their sins that they repented of and then he himself lives in us.

That is being born again.

Oh, foolish, foolish woman. What happens with those sins you did not repented of?

Here you go again, gt, saying that the Lord ONLY washes away the sins YOU repent of, one more time declaring to Him that Him and his completed/finished work on the Cross of Calvary was not enough TO SAVE you and you, gt, must help Him and His already finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary by repenting of some of your sins as you cannot remember all your sins, those of commission and those of omission.

How sad. How sad indeed.

God's Truth

Oh, foolish, foolish woman. What happens with those sins you did not repented of?
Why wouldn't I repent of all my sins?

Here you go again, gt, saying that the Lord ONLY washes away the sins YOU repent of, one more time declaring to Him that Him and his completed/finished work on the Cross of Calvary was not enough TO SAVE you and you, gt, must help Him and His already finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary by repenting of some of your sins as you cannot remember all your sins, those of commission and those of omission.

How sad. How sad indeed.

If you don't know your sins, then how are you not to repeat them?

Maybe someone is committing adultery but doesn't think it is adultery?

Are they forgiven?

I am not helping Jesus by obeying him.

I am doing right by obeying him.

lifeisgood

Why wouldn't I repent of all my sins?

If you don't know your sins, then how are you not to repeat them?

Maybe someone is committing adultery but doesn't think it is adultery?

Are they forgiven?

I am not helping Jesus by obeying him.

I am doing right by obeying him.

No person can remember every single sin he/she has committed. Oh, I forget, you, gt, can remember every single sin you have ever committed, those of commission and also those of omission, and you have repented of EVERY SINGLE one of them just like you OBEY ALL of Jesus' commandment.

God's Truth

No person can remember every single sin he/she has committed. Oh, I forget, you, gt, can remember every single sin you have ever committed, those of commission and also those of omission, and you have repented of EVERY SINGLE one of them just like you OBEY ALL of Jesus' commandment.

Repent of what you do know.

amber59

Being rised with Reformed Doctrin I hate it when people try to pass off their version Calvinist theology as fact. And then think they are so smart because they can refute their own version. Mr Pate fake news comes to mind. I could waste time explaining the facts. But pretty sure the mindset is like cement mixed up and set.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Being rised with Reformed Doctrin I hate it when people try to pass off their version Calvinist theology as fact. And then think they are so smart because they can refute their own version. Mr Pate fake news comes to mind. I could waste time explaining the facts. But pretty sure the mindset is like cement mixed up and set.

God doesn't save unbelievers. Calvinism teaches that God saves unbelievers. Why would you want to believe something that is not in the Bible?

oatmeal

I John 3:1-2

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Evidently, the texts have the words, "and we are" after "God" in verse one, thus verse 1 would read,

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God and we are: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

We are born again of incorruptible seed.

Whose seed? God's seed, and that seed is Christ. We have Christ in us. Colossians 1:27

We are literally sons of God now and for all eternity, we are heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ.

God is literally our Heavenly Father.

We are as much sons of God as Jesus Christ is the son of God.

He was conceived and born a son of God.

We are born again (anothen - born from above) sons of God after we were earthly born children of our earthly parents

lifeisgood

Repent of what you do know.

And what do you, gt, do with the ones God consider to be sins and you do not know that you have sinned and did not confess the ones God consider to be sin? Another example of you, gt, taking the place of God saying, 'Oh, well, I repent of all the sins I know of, but I have no idea what to do about the sins God consider sin and I, gt, do not know that I am sinning.' Again presenting you and your flawed salvation to God and rejecting Him and what He did in your stead on the Cross of Calvary.

You will never be able to tell the Lord that you confessed ALL of your sins because you only confessed the ones you know you were sinning about because God is going to say to you, 'How about that one?' and 'do you see that one?' etc., ad infinintum.

What then, gt?

lifeisgood

God doesn't save unbelievers. Calvinism teaches that God saves unbelievers. Why would you want to believe something that is not in the Bible?

And you forget that while we were still enemies of God, He provided a way for our salvation and it has absolutely nothing to do with you, gt, for salvation is all, totally, completely of God. God does not need your help to save you, gt.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
And you forget that while we were still enemies of God, He provided a way for our salvation and it has absolutely nothing to do with you, gt, for salvation if all, totally, completely of God. God does not need your help to save you, gt.

Right.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has HE RECONCILED" Colossians 1:21.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Reformed all my life never heard that. Frankly it makes no sense.

As a Reformer, you will be misunderstood by all legalists on TOL, as well as all the anti-nomians.

But your brethren will hear you!

Welcome . . .

Nang

God's Truth

As a Reformer, you will be misunderstood by all legalists on TOL, as well as all the anti-nomians.

But your brethren will hear you!

Welcome . . .

Nang

No such thing. Calvinists always say that in the beginning of debates, then they soon realize they were wrong.