What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't know enough about your own false doctrines.

You have no answer for Colossians 1:21, do you?

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled"

Another one of those difficult scriptures.

God's Truth

You have no answer for Colossians 1:21, do you?

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled"

Another one of those difficult scriptures.

Gentiles did not obey the works of the law, i.e. circumcision and sacrifice of animals.

Gentiles did not atone for their sins, they were unclean.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Ephesians 2:1
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.

Jesus saved the unclean enemies who were dead in their sins, he did not make them get circumcised before he would save them.

jsanford108

Sure you do, especially the choir boys.

What a hilarious joke. And one that has never been used before.

It is also ignorant of actual statistics.

Catholicism, sports a statistic of less than 2% sexual deviance. That is 2% in 2000 years.

Meanwhile, Protestants have a slightly higher total, around 2.1%. If you break that down per denomination, the percent is usually much higher. Some denominations sporting double digits in percentages of sexual deviance.

If you crunch those statistics, that means in 500 years (or less for most denominations) Protestant sexual deviance grew exponentially;
Surpassing Catholic statistics.

All of this research was conducted by GRACE (a group started by the Graham Foundation). Secular research shows even greater evidence of Protestant denominations having more sexual deviance.

Granted, this label of "sexual deviance" includes all aspects, such as molestation, assault, etc. For simple child molestation, Protestants have 3 times more occurrences. Once again, broken down into denominations, the percentages are even higher.

Therefore, it is easily concluded that your joke of "loving choir boys" is more applicable to Protestants than Catholics. But that is just facts. I know that is inconvenient for most Pate-ists, as they ignore facts in favor of falsehoods.

amber59

Yes I know Nang just like reading the the ignorance people willing to put in writing. And watch how mean and ugly these wonderful Christian brothers can get.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
Gentiles did not obey the works of the law, i.e. circumcision and sacrifice of animals.

Gentiles did not atone for their sins, they were unclean.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Ephesians 2:1
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.

Jesus saved the unclean enemies who were dead in their sins, he did not make them get circumcised before he would save them.

Here is another one that you find disturbing.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Nothing about obedience counting for righteousness, just faith.

God's Truth

Here is another one that you find disturbing.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Nothing about obedience counting for righteousness, just faith.

No, it is about not getting circumcised and sacrificing animals, etc.

God's Truth

Its not about works or obedience either.

The truth of the matter is that you cannot live by faith alone. You have to perform or you do not think you are saved.

Jesus didn't come to earth and die for us so that we no longer have to obey God. That is insanity.

God's Truth

Robert Pate tries to put me down by saying I preach that we have to 'preform', as if we are a circus animal if we obey God.

Doing what Jesus did and preached is not to be insulted in such a way.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus didn't come to earth and die for us so that we no longer have to obey God. That is insanity.

It is insane to you because you don't understand the Gospel. I don't have to do anything to be saved, simply because I have been justified by faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus. You on the other hand are trying to be good enough to be saved.

God's Truth

It is insane to you because you don't understand the Gospel. I don't have to do anything to be saved, simply because I have been justified by faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus. You on the other hand are trying to be good enough to be saved.

No. It means we don't have to atone for our own sins because Jesus does it for us!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It also means that we don't have to fulfill the law because Jesus fulfilled it for us, Matthew 5:18.

"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." (Matthew 5:18)

In the preceding verse Jesus also referred to the Prophets. Has all prophecy been fulfilled or is this just loose talk?

Robert Pate

Banned
It's a good thing the Spirit lives in us.

Do you not believe the Spirit is righteous?

The Holy Spirit does not make anyone righteous. The Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership and is our comforter to help us get through life. All that posses the Holy Spirit are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." (Matthew 5:18)

In the preceding verse Jesus also referred to the Prophets. Has all prophecy been fulfilled or is this just loose talk?

Everything has been fulfilled. We are awaiting the return of Jesus.