What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate,

Was it not you who said you used to go to street corners and preach to drug addicts to believe in Jesus?

You preach here that we do not have to obey to get saved.

You preach that to heroin addicts and you have only harmed them.

Show him where it says so.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate,

Was it not you who said you used to go to street corners and preach to drug addicts to believe in Jesus?

You preach here that we do not have to obey to get saved.

You preach that to heroin addicts and you have only harmed them.

I did street witnessing with "Christians in Action". You will never reach anyone for Christ with your holiness doctrine. If you are going to win people to Christ you have to identify with them. This is why Paul tried to be all things to all men that he might save some, 1 Corinthians 9:22.

Cross Reference

I did street witnessing with "Christians in Action". You will never reach anyone for Christ with your holiness doctrine. If you are going to win people to Christ you have to identify with them. This is why Paul tried to be all things to all men that he might save some, 1 Corinthians 9:22.

Baloney! That is Satan talking, not Jesus OR Paul.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul was not interested in convincing people that he was holy. Paul's objective was to preach the Gospel to all that would hear it. This is why he wrote,

"To the weak I became as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some and this I do for the Gospel's sake, that I might be a partaker thereof with you" 1 Corinthians 9:22, 23.

Cross Reference

Paul was not interested in convincing people that he was holy. Paul's objective was to preach the Gospel to all that would hear it. This is why he wrote,

"To the weak I became as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some and this I do for the Gospel's sake, that I might be a partaker thereof with you" 1 Corinthians 9:22, 23.

Paul didn't preach that as the gospel but as a personal testimony. It was also addressed to his followers, one's which were already "born again" Pentecostals..

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul didn't preach that as the gospel but as a personal testimony. It was also addressed to his followers, one's which were already "born again" Pentecostals..

Where does it say that they were Pentecostals? The Corinthian church was a troubled church, they were always glorying in their religious experiences, when they should have been glorying in the Lord, 2 Corinthians 10:17. Well, maybe they were Pentecostals.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 3:3-8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Cross Reference

Where does it say that they were Pentecostals?

Where does it say you have understanding about anything Jesus Christ?

The Corinthian church was a troubled church, they were always glorying in their religious experiences, when they should have been glorying in the Lord, 2 Corinthians 10:17. Well, maybe they were Pentecostals.

The Corinitian church was Pentecostal. . .So what? That changed nothing He taught but brought adjustment to their thinking.

Paul was a Pentecostal. Everything he taught was based upon Pentecostal understanding.

cf Acts 19 and re Apollos: Acts 18:26.

Cross Reference

John 3:3-8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Remember, Bright. Jesus was speaking concerning entering the Kingdom of God, NOT salvation. Nicodemus' question was with regard to understanding that and NOT his own salvation.

God's Truth

Paul never taught that he was a sinner who did not obey.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I roughly treat my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified.

Tell me, do you tell them they have to stop sinning?

Matthew 23:15 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

God's Truth

He still taught THE TRUTH.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Tell us, did you preach that?

Robert Pate

Banned
He still taught THE TRUTH.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Tell us, did you preach that?

No, that is the law. Telling people to do something is law.

What you tell them is what God has done for them in Jesus Christ, the Gospel.

Cross Reference

You have a new nature. You know righteousness and as a result desire to do good works and believe in Jesus Christ.

If one is born again that is what happens because of it. You can say some of God's own DNA was deposited in you which is the means be which He has access to your soul through your spirit as you learn to abandon your life to Him. . . which is what and why the written word "instructions" is all about.

God's Truth

No, that is the law. Telling people to do something is law.

What you tell them is what God has done for them in Jesus Christ, the Gospel.

Are you kidding? I gave you scripture of Paul telling JEWS, GREEKS, and GENTILES the gospel.

Do you really want me to show you all the scriptures of Paul telling us what to do?!

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you kidding? I gave you scripture of Paul telling JEWS, GREEKS, and GENTILES the gospel.

Do you really want me to show you all the scriptures of Paul telling us what to do?!

Paul taught the law as well as the Gospel. Both the law and the Gospel can convince one of sin. But the law does not justify, Romans 3:20. Only Jesus Christ can justify, Romans 3:26.