What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

jsanford108

Being born again is something that you do not understand. It is a subjective experience that happens when some one accepts the fact that they are a lost sinner and need to be saved. You have never been there.

If it is subjective, then it is not eternal. Only "objective" things are eternal.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The words of Jesus refute you. "That WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:15.

The call is to believe in Jesus. Nothing about being predestinated or being forced to believe in Jesus.
Nothing in my provided explanation of the passage in question speaks directly to predestination, Robert. The point of Our Lord's statement is to point out that no one can born themselves, as it is something God does. Our Lord is not telling Nicodemus to take personal responsibility and save himself. Man is born again, regenerated, from above. Afterwards, said man will take personal responsibility and believe, for in this regenerated state man will not not want to believe. Think about it and maybe it will come to you.

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Nothing in my provided explanation of the passage in question speaks directly to predestination, Robert. The point of Our Lord's statement is to point out that no one can born themselves, as it is something God does. Our Lord is not telling Nicodemus to take personal responsibility and save himself. Man is born again, regenerated, from above. Afterwards, said man will take personal responsibility and believe, for in this regenerated state man will not not want to believe. Think about it and maybe it will come to you.

AMR

There is NOTHING in the New Testament about anyone receiving the Holy Spirit without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nicodemus was a righteous man. Had he died before the cross he would have gone to the abode of the righteous dead, Paradise, abraham's bosom to await Jesus to set him free.

There is no record that Nick responded to Jesus message of being born again, nor does it say that Nick believed on Jesus. John 3:12 indicates that Nick was an unbeliever.

God's Truth

You don't believe that you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

If you did you would not be preoccupied with your holiness. We are called to REST in the Gospel. You are not resting, you are still trying to be good enough, Hebrews 4:10.

You just proved you are a speaker of untruths.

Jesus justified, sanctified and redeemed me.

You are the one who preaches falseness and goes against God.

You said Jesus does not wash us.

LOL

[04-07, 08:18] Robert Pate: Jesus doesn't wash. He justifies by his life, death and resurrection.

[04-07, 08:13] God's Truth: The righteousness of Jesus means Jesus washed me.

Robert Pate wants to be a teacher, and a judge, but he is putting himself against God.

God's Truth

Being born again is something that you do not understand. It is a subjective experience that happens when some one accepts the fact that they are a lost sinner and need to be saved. You have never been there.

[04-07, 08:18] Robert Pate: Jesus doesn't wash. He justifies by his life, death and resurrection.

[04-07, 08:13] God's Truth: The righteousness of Jesus means Jesus washed me.

God's Truth

AMR

A person is born again when Jesus saves them by washing away all their sins that they repented of and then he himself lives in us.

That is being born again.

God's Truth

Nicodemus was a righteous man. Had he died before the cross he would have gone to the abode of the righteous dead, Paradise, abraham's bosom to await Jesus to set him free.

Jesus said that those who confess him before men, he will also confess him before the angel of God. But whoever denies him will be denied.

Luke 12:8I tell you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will also confess him before the angels of God. 9But whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

Jesus didn't like it that there were leaders and Pharisees who believed in him in secret.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus said that those who confess him before men, he will also confess him before the angel of God. But whoever denies him will be denied.

Luke 12:8I tell you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will also confess him before the angels of God. 9But whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

Jesus didn't like it that there were leaders and Pharisees who believed in him in secret.

To reject the Gospel and justification by faith is to reject Jesus.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no record that Nick responded to Jesus message of being born again, nor does it say that Nick believed on Jesus. John 3:12 indicates that Nick was an unbeliever.

Nicodemus helped bury Jesus.

"And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds. Then they took the body of Jesus and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury." (John 19:39-40)

Robert Pate

Banned
Nicodemus helped bury Jesus.

"And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds. Then they took the body of Jesus and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury." (John 19:39-40)

That's nice. But I would rather hear that Nick believed in Jesus. What was his response when the Jesus that he helped bury came out of the grave?