ECT Was Jesus God. . . .

nikolai_42

Romans 5:15 KJV

should clarify the issue

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

The payment was a man, not God

When was man created?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
These men were not born again...

However, Jesus said, "After this manner therefore pray ye, 'Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.'"

These men were not born again but they had the same spiritual Father as Jesus.

Israel was God's firstborn.

nikolai_42

However, Jesus said, "After this manner therefore pray ye, 'Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.'"

Many of Israel drank from the Spiritual Rock of Christ but many also did not make it into the Promised Land. That line of thinking doesn't change the import of being born again and its impact on this realm.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is exactly the sort of answer the countless disciples that eventually turned away from Him gave.

The question goes to where He comes from and being able to know that.

What? Are you saying he came from Nazareth?

Jedidiah

John 3:16 suggests otherwise.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How can God cease to be God and be God unless your concept of God is as the heathen who worshipped the created things rather than the creator?

Very foolish question if God was God at the moment of the incarnation.

End of thread

nikolai_42

Where did John the Baptist come from?

John 1:6

He was sent from God.

Where was God?

Semantics. That doesn't compare with where Jesus came from :

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matthew 11:11

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John 3:16 suggests otherwise.

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, "Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn." (Exodus 4:22)

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus whom ye delivered up and denied him in the presence of Pilate when he was determined to let him go. (Acts 3:13)​

The God of Israel.

oatmeal

How can God cease to be God and be God unless your concept of God is as the heathen who worshipped the created things rather than the creator?

Very foolish question if God was God at the moment of the incarnation.

End of thread

Who are you addressing?

oatmeal

Semantics. That doesn't compare with where Jesus came from :

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matthew 11:11

You don't know where John came from?

I gave you the answer.

He was sent from God.

Jedidiah

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, "Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn." (Exodus 4:22)

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus whom ye delivered up and denied him in the presence of Pilate when he was determined to let him go. (Acts 3:13)​

The God of Israel.
I don't know if you're arguing or not, and if you are, bearing in mind John 3:16, you just corrected yourself in your own post.

"...His only begotten Son..."

Last edited:

nikolai_42

You don't know where John came from?

I gave you the answer.

He was sent from God.

The leaders of Israel agreed, in large part, where the prophets came from. They agreed that Elijah was to come and restore all things. All the prophets were sent from God. And yet, to be said the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than any prophet? John said he wasn't worthy to untie the thong of Jesus' sandal. So what does that make Him?

The leaders could even agree (sometimes....or to some degree) that John was from God. But unless you want to say Christ was not unique then where He was from is a much heavier question than simply who sent Him.

Cross Reference

The leaders of Israel agreed, in large part, where the prophets came from. They agreed that Elijah was to come and restore all things. All the prophets were sent from God. And yet, to be said the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than any prophet? John said he wasn't worthy to untie the thong of Jesus' sandal. So what does that make Him?

The leaders could even agree (sometimes....or to some degree) that John was from God. But unless you want to say Christ was not unique then where He was from is a much heavier question than simply who sent Him.

When was Jesus sent into the world?