ECT Was Jesus God. . . .

keypurr

keypurr has a one-track mind, and this is it. He comes running every time this subject is hinted at. Yes, he works for the enemy and has for years. I guess that he thinks that someone will eventually believe him that Jesus Christ isn't God. So far, his converts are ZERO. keypurr claims that his beliefs are closest to the Jehovah's Witnesses, so that should give you at least partial explanation.

Lets face it, they are a lot smarter than you.

The ones I know are pretty too. Makes me wish I was forty years younger.

journey

By the way, Jesus Christ is and always has been God, One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. I give thanks every day that Jesus Christ is our Living Lord and Saviour forever. Please see my blogs.

keypurr

By the way, Jesus Christ is and always has been God, One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. I give thanks every day that Jesus Christ is our Living Lord and Saviour forever. Please see my blogs.

You have proven in the past that you have no idea what your talking about.

Give verses, one at a time and we can discuss them.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
keypurr has a one-track mind, and this is it. He comes running every time this subject is hinted at. Yes, he works for the enemy and has for years. I guess that he thinks that someone will eventually believe him that Jesus Christ isn't God. So far, his converts are ZERO. keypurr claims that his beliefs are closest to the Jehovah's Witnesses, so that should give you at least partial explanation.

oh. the watchtower. that's why i spell kypir's name wrong. i see him on every Jesus/God thread. comical. glad to hear from a person that really gets The Perfect Will of God. i mean, we don't KNOW all of God's Will, but most of us agree on this point. it had to be that way :king:

keypurr

Please don't get me wrong, I like you as a person.
But your misguided.

keypurr

oh. the watchtower. that's why i spell kypir's name wrong. i see him on every Jesus/God thread. comical. glad to hear from a person that really gets The Perfect Will of God. i mean, we don't KNOW all of God's Will, but most of us agree on this point. it had to be that way :king:

Ever try to disagree with them?

Open your mind PJ, your missing a lot of truth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ever try to disagree with them?

Open your mind PJ, your missing a lot of truth.

yes, i spoke at length with several of their members. they could not answer my questions for them. they avoided the answer, never saying either way. like politicians. and yes, they also sent attractive women to talk with me. i could sense we had a fundamental difference in belief, but couldn't pinpoint it. now i know, i suppose, and if that's the sticking point, then beautiful women can't sway me. nor their elders. they do a lot of missionary, and very much for people around the world and help spread the name of Jesus. they are Christians after all. the more i disagreed, the more they came back :king:

Jedidiah

...give me a verse that says Jesus is God.
Matthew 12:6 -- "...in this place there is One greater than the temple."

Matthew 12:8 -- "...the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

(Exodus 20:10 -- "...the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God..."
Exodus 20:11 -- "...in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.")

Cross Reference

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.[/QUOVER

When alive on Earth, when was Jesus ever called by any of the those titles?

Cross Reference

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him

Luke 2:25-33

If He ever was, He always was.

Question: Did Jesus have to be Divine to save mankind or simply sinless? The truth revealed to Simeon, was it complete in content or simply that which was an answer to his prayer God gave him?

Cross Reference

I added a clarifying sentence after the fact. Jesus being God as a baby vs. as a man doesn't seem to me to be an argument against His Deity so I assumed the question was more directed at the thought that Jesus couldn't be considered God as a baby but could be later on in life (like after His baptism). That's what I was addressing.

Thank you Nicolai! That is what I am asking to be thought through in an objective way.
FWIW: I believe Jesus IS now, eternally, the "Word," the second Personality of the God head, in Divine human flesh with more to follow after His enemies are made His footstool.

Cross Reference

Thank you Nicolai! That is what I am asking to be thought through in an objective way.
FWIW: I believe Jesus IS now, eternally, the "Word," the second Personality of the Godhead, in Divine human flesh with more to follow after His enemies are made His footstool. Many sons will join Him, to share with Him, in that day.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Amen! Jesus is, was, and will always be, God!

I wonder if God was afraid of the dark when he was a youngster. I guess he was but thankfully he had his parents to feed, clothe and protect him. And God is obligated to honor his parents, after all they are his elders.

oatmeal

. . . . when He was a baby?:yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi:think:

"God" or elohim or theos is a title not a reference to any single being.

The Creator has conferred that title to himself as well as to men including Moses and Jesus Christ and others worthy of that distinction

Exodus 4:16;7:1 KJV

John 10:34-35

Psalm 82:1-8

Exodus 22:9

Hebrews 1:8

Was Jesus the Creator at his birth? Jesus was never the Creator. No human creates, they never start with nothing, men always starts with something.

Ephesians 3:9

"God created all things"

So is the question asking if Jesus was given a title? Yes, just as Moses and other men were given the title "god" by God.

Is Jesus the Creator? Ephesians 3:9 states that God created all things. Is that passage talking about Moses who God made to be God over both Aaron and Pharaoh?

Jesus is the son of the God, the Creator.