The Two Faces of the Sabbath

God's Truth

thought you said he kept the temple law but taught otherwise...meaning he taught not to keep it...which is exactly what false witnesses were accusing him for...

he had enemies that wanted to accuse him of things he didn't do?

Oh and they did the same with Yahushua...and were still trying to destroy Him His memory...still do...

But funny how Jews today are realizing He wasn't against the Law and are finding Him despite the lies Christians say...lies that were themselves first century Jewish false witness accusations...

Yup and said "copy me as I copy Christ"...sabbath, festivals, kosher etc...just like Yahushua...who Himself said live and love as He did...keeping His Father's commandments and remaining in His love...

What Jews didn't like to hear is exactly that they killed their messiah who was one the right hand side of God...killed Stephen for saying it...

Gentiles were all excited about hearing of One who beat death...and crowded the synagogues every sabbath to here why He had to die and how He was able to come back to life...heard all about Moses too...

Do you know what a bitter root is? Do you know what fallen from grace means?

God's Truth

I prefer if your eye causes you to sin...pluck it out...

Don't be a stumbling block ok?

Your heart should flee evil...not rationalize ingesting it...with thanks...

This text is about what to do when you don't know if it's offered to idols...unclean...

Why would I pluck out my eye if I obey Jesus and stop sinning with it?

God's Truth

Yup...

Not just any gentile but believers...their faith makes them no longer foreigners but citizens of Israel and they are expected to do as Isael was supposed to do...grafted into the trunk and roots and to bare the same fruit...

Just like the strangers traveling in the desert who also received the Sabbath specifically...

really? Even meat offered to idols? Strangled? Meat full of blood? Human flesh? Road kill sitting there in the open sun for a few hours...days...

Just give thanks...and eat...

Lol...

Who would eat like that? You are not reasonable.

God's Truth

He was traveling about the land and not at the temple everyday...He was making the point that they could have arrested Him all those other days....but by Design it was to be before Passover...for Passover...

'Every day' is hyperbole as is smoke rises from sodom forever...as if it's still rising...

You dare cast doubt on God's Truth?

Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives,

Matthew 26:55
At that time Jesus said to the crowd, "Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest Me as you would an outlaw? Every day I sat teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me.

Mark 14:49
Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me. But this has happened that the Scriptures would be fulfilled."

Luke 19:47
Jesus was teaching at the temple every day, but the chief priests, scribes, and leaders of the people were intent on killing Him.

Who or what is making you not believe what is plainly written?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Sure it does...and not only here but here as well:

"Pray then like this: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. "

You gonna try and spin it twist it and insist in Heaven His Law is not kept? Lol...So we are to pray that what is done in heaven is also done here on earth...

The scriptures do not say pray for the Sabbath day to be kept.

Who or what is making you say things the Bible does not say?

God's Truth

Yup...HalleluYah...I agree!

What the Pharisees taught and what they did were indeed not the same...later Yahushua even demonstrates that though they taught the Sabbath Pharisees included their own traditions and safeguards which they enforced rather than what Moses wrote...

"Keep the commandments" was the answer when asked by the rich young ruler. Some where listed referring to the OT set...yes a set all or nothing...you can't expect Jews to think that because "don't make an image" wasn't included here that they were able to begin making images...

Oh wait never mind some Christians think the believing Jews did just that...lol

Ok so six (five in Luke) were listed and Jews see it as a reference to the 10...most Christians do too unless they suspect you are mindful of the Sabbath one...lol

He also told the adulteress to go and sin no more...which of course is observing the Law...

Paul kept on keeping on as well making it quite clear here:

Acts 24: "12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13 And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, "

The false charges Pharisees were pressing on Paul were that he taught a change to the laws and customs of the Jews...and their Temple...

And not just Paul other believing Jews continued to be faithful

Acts 21:"19Paul greeted them and recounted one by one the things God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry. 20When they heard this, they glorified God. Then they said to Paul, “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the Law. 21But they are under the impression that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or observe our customs.…"

So James had him prove otherwise...he did.

See? rumors and false witness and slander all around as Paul was accused of changing the law...tragic how Christians continue that lie...

Paul hurried to Jerusalem for the feasts and instructed believers celebrate Passover with the new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

He began as a Jews Jew in a desire to please and serve God and finished the same race...the same way...

Jesus had not been crucified yet so of course the old law still had to be obeyed.

The blood of the New Covenant had not been shed yet.

clefty

Haven't you heard that there is no more earthly temple and no pharisees?

"Do what thou wilt" now is it? You need keep only 9/10 of the law? Actually 8/10 because not worshipping as He commanded breaks another law...the false worship of idolatry...

clefty

Jesus fulfilled it. It was about him.

It was a shadow.

There are no shadows in Christ.

Your idea destroys the law...He was clear don't think that ok?

It IS a shadow not WAS...

and His yoke includes obedience to His Father's immutable still binding law...as sin remains and needs pointing out

God's Truth

"Do what thou wilt" now is it? You need keep only 9/10 of the law? Actually 8/10 because not worshipping as He commanded breaks another law...the false worship of idolatry...

How do you keep the Sabbath? Do you not lift anything? Do you not cook? Do you not cause someone else to cook? Do you use gas to 'light' your heater?

Do you know how many laws there are for the Sabbath in the old law?

Haaaa! Sounds like YOU are doing what you want and not what God says.

clefty

You dare cast doubt on God's Truth?

Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives,

Matthew 26:55
At that time Jesus said to the crowd, "Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest Me as you would an outlaw? Every day I sat teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me.

Mark 14:49
Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me. But this has happened that the Scriptures would be fulfilled."

Luke 19:47
Jesus was teaching at the temple every day, but the chief priests, scribes, and leaders of the people were intent on killing Him.

Who are what is making you not believe what is plainly written?

He travelled throughout the area and could not be two places at once.

clefty

The scriptures do not say pray for the Sabbath day to be kept.

Who or what is making you say things the Bible does not say?

It's basic logic...

Why else would He instruct prayers that they not flee on the Sabbath?

Just like it's understood implied inferred that because it is winter it woukd be more difficult...

Fleeing on the Sabbath is not rest and refreshing...not keeping it

clefty

Jesus had not been crucified yet so of course the old law still had to be obeyed.

The blood of the New Covenant had not been shed yet.

And immediately as the blood for it was still being shed...those that followed Him wished to obey Him...kept the Sabbath...as the commandment was the custom still...

He did as well at rest in the tomb and risen refreshed...as did Paul and Peter even kosher

clefty

There are no shadows for those in the Light. Jesus is the Light of the world.

Pointing out sin AND desiring we live and love JUST AS HE DID...

There remains a seventh day sabbath keeping for His people...

Here are those that keep the commandments of God...not just some...and the testimony of His Son which includes His keeping of His Father's law...

Think not I have come to destroy...fulfilling as you insist is exactly destroying...

So many Christians insist keep the 10 commandments until the Sabbath comes up then it's ...keep 9 of the 10

Sin no more...