The Two Faces of the Sabbath

God's Truth

It's basic logic...

Why else would He instruct prayers that they not flee on the Sabbath?

Just like it's understood implied inferred that because it is winter it woukd be more difficult...

Fleeing on the Sabbath is not rest and refreshing...not keeping it

I do understand what you are saying, clefty, but it does not mean I agree when I say I understand what you are saying.

Pray it is not on the Sabbath is something Jesus said to those who reject the truth. People went to the temple on the Sabbath, and Jesus tells of the temple and it being DESTROYED.

Matthew 24

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times
24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

If people are in the temple they will be destroyed with the temple.
Jesus tells the people how to survive...flee to the mountains.

God's Truth

And immediately as the blood for it was still being shed...those that followed Him wished to obey Him...kept the Sabbath...as the commandment was the custom still...

He did as well at rest in the tomb...as did Paul and Peter even kosher

The temple was destroyed.

Do you really think that if God the Creator of heaven and earth wanted that earthly temple to remain it would not have?

God's Truth

Pointing out sin AND desiring we live and love JUST AS HE DID...

There remains a seventh day sabbath keeping for His people...

Here are those that keep the commandments of God...not just some...and the testimony of His Son which includes His keeping of His Father's law...

Think not I have come to destroy...fulfilling as you insist is exactly destroying...

So many Christians insist keep the 10 commandments until the Sabbath comes up then it's ...keep 9 of the 10

Sin no more...

There remains a what?

Hebrews 4:9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

Now if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.

Samie

You dare cast doubt on God's Truth?
Cast doubt on you? Why not when you were shown and proven to have lied, but instead of repenting you insisted you did not?
Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives,

Matthew 26:55
At that time Jesus said to the crowd, "Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest Me as you would an outlaw? Every day I sat teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me.

Mark 14:49
Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me. But this has happened that the Scriptures would be fulfilled."

Luke 19:47
Jesus was teaching at the temple every day, but the chief priests, scribes, and leaders of the people were intent on killing Him.

Who or what is making you not believe what is plainly written?
You quoted the 4 verses above to make it appear that every day of His life was spent teaching at the temple, when Luke 21:37 explains that the period of His DAILY temple teachings simply referred to a couple of days PRIOR to His arrest. And that period started from His triumphant Jerusalem entry riding on a colt, around 5 days BEFORE the Passover. see John 12:1-15.

Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives

If your inference were true, then Jesus must not have left the vicinity of the Mount of Olives all His life since the verse says He spent each night on that hill.

But Scriptures tell us of His sojourn in Bethsaida and Capernaum where it would be physically impossible for Him to be teaching in the Jerusalem temple at daytime nor able to spend each night in the Mount of Olives while in Bethsaida and Capernaum.

God's Truth

Cast doubt on you? Why not when you were shown and proven to have lied, but instead of repenting you insisted you did not?
You quoted the 4 verses above to make it appear that every day of His life was spent teaching at the temple, when Luke 21:37 explains that the period of His DAILY temple teachings simply referred to a couple of days PRIOR to His arrest. And that period started from His triumphant Jerusalem entry riding on a colt, around 5 days BEFORE the Passover. see John 12:1-15.

Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives

If your inference were true, then Jesus must not have left the vicinity of the Mount of Olives all His life since the verse says He spent each night on that hill.

But Scriptures tell us of His sojourn in Bethsaida and Capernaum where it would be physically impossible for Him to be teaching in the Jerusalem temple at daytime nor able to spend each night in the Mount of Olives while in Bethsaida and Capernaum.

I am not guilty of what you accuse me of.

You are in a bad way.

A person merely has to repent.

Are you humble enough to do that?

TweetyBird

Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you.

Matt 23 explicitly states - from Moses' seat - that is the Mosaic Law, not the traditions and added commandments they forced on the people, because Jesus said those teachings rendered the Mosaic Law nullified. Jesus also told them that in what they taught their proselytes was making them twice as bent for hell as the Pharisees. You need to take all of what Jesus told them and consider that when you read Matt 23:1-3.

TweetyBird

Sure it does...and not only here but here as well:

"Pray then like this: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. "

You gonna try and spin it twist it and insist in Heaven His Law is not kept? Lol...So we are to pray that what is done in heaven is also done here on earth...

The Mosaic Law is not kept in Heaven. It was for sinful Israel, not for the Heavenly realms.

Jesus said GOD'S WILL BE DONE on earth as it is in Heaven. God's will is not a Law or commandments - it's the purposes and plans of God towards mankind.

TweetyBird

Well lucky for me you ain't the final say on this...

God's Word has the final word on it and you are not keeping the Sabbath Day the way He commanded it. One cannot point a holy finger towards others when their whole hand is filthy.

TweetyBird

b. ethically; α. used of the commandments of the Mosaic law: ἡ ἐντολή τοῦ Θεοῦ, what God prescribes in the law of Moses,

entole is not defined as referring to the Mosaic Law. I showed you that the word "nomos" refers to the Mosaic Law.

If anything unclean went into a Jews mouth it means the heart was unclean first...

No, that is not what Jesus said.

As if eating Ham would be considered by a Jew...would you eat poop? Human flesh? Rotting carcasses? There are some that do...

Clean meat can also be a rotting carcass. Are you going to eat it?

Ummmm well yes we eat and drink from Him...not Him Himself...from Him we receive many things...some of them you reject...we receive rest...literally...now...a whole day...not just in paradise...

Jesus said we are to eat His flesh and drink His blood.

I receive rest from the Lord 24/7. I do not need a specific day. I am well aware of the fact that I am resting 24/7 because it's His will.

TweetyBird

Hey lookie there...it's a qualifier..."even as the green herb have I given you all things"

So how about a poison ivy, hemlock, Strychnine salad?

Maybe clean and unclean animals on Noah's ark were not just for sacrifices?

Even if all meat was given to eat big deal...there were people and then there were His people...His people were given later instructions that separated them from the rest of the bug eaters ya dig?

A peculiar people...healthy too...

God told Moses to eat of ALL the beasts of the field.

Eating clean meat does not make one any more healthy than someone who does not. My grandmother lived to be 93 and never sick a day in her life and she cooked and ate plenty of pork. You are raising up at straw man that with one single match will go up in flames. Stop making the Kingdom of Heaven about clean and unclean meat. It has nothing to do with the Lord's Kingdom and how one will get there.

TweetyBird

It's basic logic...

Why else would He instruct prayers that they not flee on the Sabbath?

Just like it's understood implied inferred that because it is winter it woukd be more difficult...

Fleeing on the Sabbath is not rest and refreshing...not keeping it

Look at the context. Jesus said pray that you don't have to leave during winter or have a suckling child or on the Sabbath. The context tells you that it's not a good thing to be there during the winter or suckling a child or on the Sabbath, because you would not be able to flee the destruction to come.

TweetyBird

And immediately as the blood for it was still being shed...those that followed Him wished to obey Him...kept the Sabbath...as the commandment was the custom still...

He did as well at rest in the tomb and risen refreshed...as did Paul and Peter even kosher

Please show Scripture that Jesus was at rest in the tomb and risen refreshed. Peter ate with the Gentiles. He was not eating according to the Law. There is no kosher in the Mosaic Law. How many times do we need to tell you this? Kosher is an INTERPRETATION of the Law, it is not the Law of Moses. For someone who keeps going on and on about obeying the Law, you sure have a lot of holes in your boat - it's sinking.

TweetyBird

Pointing out sin AND desiring we live and love JUST AS HE DID...

Here are those that keep the commandments of God...not just some...and the testimony of His Son which includes His keeping of His Father's law...

Think not I have come to destroy...fulfilling as you insist is exactly destroying...

So many Christians insist keep the 10 commandments until the Sabbath comes up then it's ...keep 9 of the 10

Sin no more...

Christians keep the Law of Christ, not the Law of Moses. Keeping the 7th Day as a Sabbath is not part of the Law of Christ. It's interesting, of all the commandments that Jesus discusses in the Gospels, He never includes the Sabbath. Like the discussion with the young ruler.

TweetyBird

Nope, that is not what the Scripture says. You are adding your own interpretation to it.

Not one person on earth is sinning by not keeping the Sabbath. Not one has ever been able to and cannot ever keep the 7th day Sabbath as God commanded the nation of Israel. If one says they are keeping the Sabbath, that is a falsehood which is a sin.

clefty

I do understand what you are saying, clefty, but it does not mean I agree when I say I understand what you are saying.
ok...

Pray it is not on the Sabbath is something Jesus said to those who reject the truth.
Matt 24:3 clearly states He is instructing the disciples...the believers. It makes no sense to warn those who reject the truth.

People went to the temple on the Sabbath, and Jesus tells of the temple and it being DESTROYED.
the irony that you just spent a great bit of effort insisting going to the temple was a daily thing...thus well the prayer should be pray your flight not be on any day...but the Sabbath was singled out...He is not concerned with the preservation of the temple or even Jerusalem...He doesn't instruct prayers that the people are able to successfully flee...just pray fleeing doesn't happen on the Sabbath...as it isn't really rest is it?...

And it was a warning to all of Judea not just those living in the city...again read the devastation Rome did to the entire region not just to the temple...

Matthew 24

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times
24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

If people are in the temple they will be destroyed with the temple.
Jesus tells the people how to survive...flee to the mountains.

YES YES FLEE TO THE MOUNTAINS...just pray it is not on the Sabbath...can't make it more clear...

Much more was destroyed than the temple...is why He said "let those who are in Judea...not just in the temple or Jerusalem...flee to the mountains...but pray it is not on the Sabbath...again, not very restful is it...