The Two Faces of the Sabbath

God's Truth

So you believe the false accusations of the Jews? As if he practiced something he did not teach...

Peter warned us of unstable people misusing Paul...

How do you ever get that I believe the false accusation of the Jews? Paul broke NO temple rules. What don't you get about that?

Paul preached Jesus crucified and why else do you think he was prosecuted?

He did not break the earthly temple laws but he did preach Christ crucified.

God's Truth

I was asking GT this question:
Is it wrong for us His sheep to follow our Shepherd Who is the same yesterday and today and forever in His custom of being in church (or synagogue for the Jews) on Saturdays? Yes or No?​

Instead of a direct Yes or No response, GT posted this on Jan 2, 2017 2:26 PM
He said Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays.

I replied with a verse and explaining that synagogue is the Jew's equivalent of a church, as the Jews themselves explained:GT replied with the ff post. GT posted this Jan 3, 2017 2:23 AMI responded:And knowing he is proven wrong from Scriptures, he wants to escape from the pan to the fire, and posted this Jan 3, 2017 7:12 AM:What he told me in his two earlier posts I quoted above was that Jesus never went to church on Saturdays, BUT he makes it appear in his last post that what he told me was that Jesus did not just go to the temple or the synagogues on the Sabbath; he went every day.

Deception. Lie.

Just to escape the Truth that it was Jesus' custom to be in church on Saturdays.

You cannot lean to the left or to the right of God's Word.

You are kind of like the Catholics who say our statues are like the cherubim statues in the temple.

Your man-made practices are not from God.

God killed Aaron's two son's because they did something that was like what God said.

You should fear God and be more careful what you do for your type of worship.

TweetyBird

The scripture plainly says to do what the Pharisees and teachers of the law say:

Matthew 23:2 1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: 2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So practice and observe everything they tell you.

They sit in Moses' seat is about the old law.

That's what I said. They read the Law. That is the only thing they were good for.

TweetyBird

You did not believe the scripture that plainly says what I said it said.

Jesus said to do what they say but do not do as they do.

Read the rest of Matt 23. Here is just a sample of what Jesus said to them.

Matt 23
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

God's Truth

Read the rest of Matt 23. Here is just a sample of what Jesus said to them.

Matt 23
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

You cannot nullify scripture with scripture.

TweetyBird

Hope you can breath with your head in the sand like that...

Peter did a fine job explaining what his vision meant...call no man unclean...

Now if all flesh is made clean do you eat humans?

If all unclean animals are made clean do you think God meant for Peter to eat Gentiles?

clefty

If all unclean animals are made clean do you think God meant for Peter to eat Gentiles?

I am not the one that claims all meats are made clean...neither did Peter nor Paul etc...

You and yours do...so you need to answer my question...

as if all flesh was made clean...

Do you eat decaying carcasses too?

TweetyBird

ENTOLE was used in revelations...

Correct, but entole does not refer to the Mosaic Law. While that covenant remained it was God's Law, but when Jesus came, the Law changed and was made old [out of use] so the Kingdom of Heaven could be preached.

Christs house has the Sabbath...house rules

Christ's house is the Sabbath Rest. The house rules are belief in Him, love for God, and love for mankind.

Covenant was replaced not house rules...

The Mosaic Law was the covenant [by the blood of animals] which was replaced by the new covenant in Christ's blood.

Yah's laws including Sabbath and kosher laws (biblical not the added on rabbinic) are for only those who wish to be His people...

Jesus said that Rest is now found in Him, not in a day. He also said that nothing going into a man is unclean, but all is cleansed and comes out the other end. He said that the unclean comes from within one's heart.

Not for everyone just those who wish to be obedient because they live in His house...

There is no day or night in His House - it is quite simply .. eternity - without beginning, without end.

Kinda like sports...why wear a helmet if you are not playing football? Helmets are for playing the game...

Living in the rest of Jesus Christ is not like a football game. And it's not a team sport.

So is the Sabbath for those running the race for real and to the end...the reward some of the secret manna which is only a relevant and meaningful prize to sabbath keepers...His people in the church in the wilderness...

The physical edible manna is no longer His manna. He is the Manna from Heaven, the Living Bread and the Living Water - we eat and drink from Him 24/7 and will continue to do so for all eternity. Read John 6.

TweetyBird

He is a door? He is a path? He is bread? Living waters? Literally?

The commandment is to work literally six days and rest literally the seventh day

You can be spiritually at rest in Him but He never said He is a literal day...

He did say He would give you rest...literal rest and spiritual

The literal sabbath day still points to the rest to come...and in Him now and in the future

Working six literal days is not rest...but is the command...

And now after the fall...with sweat on our brow...

I never said Jesus is a literal day. The Sabbath is now not a literal day. Jesus' literal rest is Heaven, not a day of earth time. He did not rest on the literal Sabbath day, why should we?

There is no such thing as a day of rest. If you think you are resting on the 7th day and honoring it as a "Sabbath", you are just kidding yourself.

TweetyBird

I was asking GT this question:
Is it wrong for us His sheep to follow our Shepherd Who is the same yesterday and today and forever in His custom of being in church (or synagogue for the Jews) on Saturdays? Yes or No?​

Instead of a direct Yes or No response, GT posted this on Jan 2, 2017 2:26 PM
He said Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays.

I replied with a verse and explaining that synagogue is the Jew's equivalent of a church, as the Jews themselves explained:GT replied with the ff post. GT posted this Jan 3, 2017 2:23 AMI responded:And knowing he is proven wrong from Scriptures, he wants to escape from the pan to the fire, and posted this Jan 3, 2017 7:12 AM:What he told me in his two earlier posts I quoted above was that Jesus never went to church on Saturdays, BUT he makes it appear in his last post that what he told me was that Jesus did not just go to the temple or the synagogues on the Sabbath; he went every day.

Deception. Lie.

Just to escape the Truth that it was Jesus' custom to be in church on Saturdays.

You are incorrect. For someone who claims to be speaking the truth, you are missing it completely. Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. It was not His custom to do so because there were no churches for Him to go to.

TweetyBird

You cannot nullify scripture with scripture.

Jesus did not tell them to do what the Pharisees said to do. They told the people to do things that were not in the Law of Moses. The only thing that Jesus referred to was what the Pharisees were reading from the Mosaic Law and that the people should do. What the Pharisees taught outside of the Law was rendering the Law invalid.

Mark 7
1 Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem. 2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault. 3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders. 4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables. 5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands? 6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: 11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. 12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; 13 making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

TweetyBird

I am not the one that claims all meats are made clean...neither did Peter nor Paul etc...

You and yours do...so you need to answer my question...

as if all flesh was made clean...

Do you eat decaying carcasses too?

What are you going on about? God made all animals clean, just like they were at the beginning according to what he told Noah.

Gen 9
And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Samie

You cannot lean to the left or to the right of God's Word.

You are kind of like the Catholics who say our statues are like the cherubim statues in the temple.

Your man-made practices are not from God.

God killed Aaron's two son's because they did something that was like what God said.

You should fear God and be more careful what you do for your type of worship.
So why did you resort to deception and lied about what you said? Shown and proven. Here again:

1. You posted this on Jan 2, 2017 2:26 PM:
Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. He went to the temple every day.

2. You posted this on Jan 3, 2017 2:23 AM
Jesus didn't go to church on Saturdays.
Jesus went to the temple on Saturdays and every day.

3. And here's the deception and the lie you posted Jan 3, 2017 7:12 AM:
Jesus did not just go to the temple or the synagogues on the Sabbath; he went every day.

I proved all that with scripture.

That is what I told Samie.

Do you want to tell another lie again?

Samie

You are incorrect. For someone who claims to be speaking the truth, you are missing it completely. Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. It was not His custom to do so because there were no churches for Him to go to.
There were synagogues where Jesus went as His custom was. see Luke 4:16

You DON'T know what "synagogues" are, do you?

God's Truth

So why did you resort to deception and lied about what you said? Shown and proven. Here again:

1. You posted this on Jan 2, 2017 2:26 PM:
Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. He went to the temple every day.

2. You posted this on Jan 3, 2017 2:23 AM
Jesus didn't go to church on Saturdays.
Jesus went to the temple on Saturdays and every day.

3. And here's the deception and the lie you posted Jan 3, 2017 7:12 AM:
Jesus did not just go to the temple or the synagogues on the Sabbath; he went every day.

I proved all that with scripture.

That is what I told Samie.

Do you want to tell another lie again?

Do you think you are fooling anyone?