The Two Faces of the Sabbath

TweetyBird

You are speaking falseness.

Matthew 23:2 1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: 2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So practice and observe everything they tell you.

Jesus did not tell people to do what the Pharisees taught them. Jesus told them to obey Moses because he was read on the Sabbaths. We know He was not telling the people to follow the Pharisees because the rest of the chapter Jesus is calling them white washed bones, etc - and the woes to them.

God's Truth

Jesus did not tell people to do what the Pharisees taught them. Jesus told them to obey Moses because he was read on the Sabbaths. We know He was not telling the people to follow the Pharisees because the rest of the chapter Jesus is calling them white washed bones, etc - and the woes to them.

The scripture plainly says to do what the Pharisees and teachers of the law say:

Matthew 23:2 1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: 2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So practice and observe everything they tell you.

They sit in Moses' seat is about the old law.

God's Truth

You did not believe the scripture that plainly says what I said it said.

Jesus said to do what they say but do not do as they do.

Samie

Jesus didn't go to church on Saturdays.
NKJ Luke 4:16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

From the online Jewish encyclopedia: "The synagogue is the Jewish equivalent of a church, more or less. It is the center of the Jewish religious community: a place of prayer, study and education, social and charitable work, as well as a social center."​

GT tells us that Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. On the other hand, the Bible tells us that it was Jesus custom to go to the synagogue - "the Jewish equivalent of a church" - on Saturdays.

If GT tells the truth, then the Bible tells a lie.
Why don't you live up to your forum name and tell the truth?

Do you believe that Luke 4:16 tells us that it was Jesus' custom to go to the synagogue on Saturdays? Yes or No?

God's Truth

Do you believe that Luke 4:16 tells us that it was Jesus' custom to go to the synagogue on Saturdays? Yes or No?

Why don't you live up to your name and get out of your ensnarement?

Samie was proven wrong and instead of admitting he is wrong he is now being deceitful by trying to get me to say 'yes' to something that had no part in the discussion.

I do not have to answer a fool according to his folly.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Sabbath Rest, as all special days were about Jesus.

Observing special days is now worthless since Jesus came.

Jesus did not just go to the temple or the synagogues on the Sabbath; he went every day.

I proved all that with scripture.

That is what I told Samie.

Instead of Samie admitting that Jesus did not just go to the temple on Saturdays, he is trying to get me to say 'yes' to him no matter what.

clefty

God told Peter three times to not call meat unclean that He made clean. The intent was very clear. Jesus had already said it as well. Just because God used the vision for another reason does not discount the fact that God used unclean meat being made clean, literal. Then we have Paul who also talked about all kinds of meat and none it has to with the Kingdom of God.

Hope you can breath with your head in the sand like that...

Peter did a fine job explaining what his vision meant...call no man unclean...

Now if all flesh is made clean do you eat humans?

clefty

I don't mind being corrected, in fact desire it, but it is good not to trust you...

Entole

Those are the commandments of Christ per 1 John 3. It is not referring to the Mosaic Law, it was gone, replaced, waxed old.

Rev 12:17 And2532 the3588 dragon1404 was wroth3710 with1909 the3588 woman,1135 and2532 went565 to make4160 war4171 with3326 the3588 remnant3062 of her848 seed,4690 which keep5083 the3588 commandments1785 of God,2316 and2532 have2192 the3588 testimony3141 of Jesus2424 Christ.5547

G1785
ἐντολή
entolē
en-tol-ay'
From G1781; injunction, that is, an authoritative prescription: - commandment, precept.

G3551
νόμος
nomos
nom'-os
From a primary word νέμω nemō (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), generally (regulation), specifically (of Moses [including the volume]; also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle): - law.

God divided it.

Heb 3
1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 2 who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. 3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. 4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. 5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6 but Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

No, the Law of Moses is "nomos" not "entole". The Law of Moses does not point to all sin - it was faulted, that is why we have the Law of Christ to replace that which was being replaced. 2 Cor 3.

ENTOLE was used in revelations...

Christs house has the Sabbath...house rules

Covenant was replaced not house rules...

Yah's laws including Sabbath and kosher laws (biblical not the added on rabbinic) are for only those who wish to be His people...

Not for everyone just those who wish to be obedient because they live in His house...

Kinda like sports...why wear a helmet if you are not playing football? Helmets are for playing the game...

So is the Sabbath for those running the race for real and to the end...the reward some of the secret manna which is only a relevant and meaningful prize to sabbath keepers...His people in the church in the wilderness...

Last edited:

clefty

Sabbath means rest. So yes, Jesus is Lord of the Rest. He is Rest. He is the Sabbath. Yes, He is Lord of Himself. Did you not read what David said?

Psalm 110
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand,
until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

He is a door? He is a path? He is bread? Living waters? Literally?

The commandment is to work literally six days and rest literally the seventh day

You can be spiritually at rest in Him but He never said He is a literal day...

He did say He would give you rest...literal rest and spiritual

The literal sabbath day still points to the rest to come...and in Him now and in the future

Working six literal days is not rest...but is the command...

And now after the fall...with sweat on our brow...

clefty

Paul did not teach the old law but he upheld it while it still stood when he wanted to go to Jerusalem.

So you believe the false accusations of the Jews? As if he practiced something he did not teach...

Peter warned us of unstable people misusing Paul...

Samie

GT's deception unmasked

GT's deception unmasked

I was asking GT this question:
Is it wrong for us His sheep to follow our Shepherd Who is the same yesterday and today and forever in His custom of being in church (or synagogue for the Jews) on Saturdays? Yes or No?​

Instead of a direct Yes or No response, GT posted this on Jan 2, 2017 2:26 PM
Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. Jesus went to the temple everyday.

You are only to do what Jesus tells you to do.

Jesus does not tell you to go to the temple every day because there is no temple.

Do you know what happened to Aaron's sons when they wanted to emulate what they thought God would like?

We are not to make up things that God would want us to do. We are to find out what God wants us to do.

The scripture says observing special days are worthless.
He said Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays.

I replied with a verse and explaining that synagogue is the Jew's equivalent of a church, as the Jews themselves explained:
NKJ Luke 4:16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

From the online Jewish encyclopedia: "The synagogue is the Jewish equivalent of a church, more or less. It is the center of the Jewish religious community: a place of prayer, study and education, social and charitable work, as well as a social center."​

GT tells us that Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. On the other hand, the Bible tells us that it was Jesus custom to go to the synagogue - "the Jewish equivalent of a church" - on Saturdays.

If GT tells the truth, then the Bible tells a lie.
GT replied with the ff post. GT posted this Jan 3, 2017 2:23 AM
Jesus didn't go to church on Saturdays.
Jesus went to the temple on Saturdays and every day.

You are the one telling lies not me as you claim.
I responded:

And knowing he is proven wrong from Scriptures, he wants to escape from the pan to the fire, and posted this Jan 3, 2017 7:12 AM:
Jesus did not just go to the temple or the synagogues on the Sabbath; he went every day.

I proved all that with scripture.

That is what I told Samie.
What he told me in his two earlier posts I quoted above was that Jesus never went to church on Saturdays, BUT he makes it appear in his last post that what he told me was that Jesus did not just go to the temple or the synagogues on the Sabbath; he went every day.

Deception. Lie.

Just to escape the Truth that it was Jesus' custom to be in church on Saturdays.

God's Truth

So Paul was talking about Yah and His law when he said these celts were "slaves to those who by nature are not gods"

Wow...

The Judaizers talked the Galatians into observing the old law that was to observe special days and to get circumcised.

Pagans observed special days for their worship too, and the Jews talked them into doing those weak things again.

Compared to Jesus, special days are nothing as far as salvation.

Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

Galatians 5:6
For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. All that matters is faith, expressed through love.

Even Peter were afraid of these Jews and it caused him to act out of line with the gospel.

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

God's Truth

Some saturnsday He was in synagogue far away away from the temple, you know, teaching preaching healing...

You are arguing against the scripture that says he was at the temple every day.

You are trying to twist it to say I am saying, or that the scriptures are saying every day of his ministry.

Even if he only did it for a week---IT PROVES YOU wrong.

God's Truth

Hope you can breath with your head in the sand like that...

Peter did a fine job explaining what his vision meant...call no man unclean...

Now if all flesh is made clean do you eat humans?

Unclean meat and clean meat are symbolic of people, as was the other purification/ceremonial works...they are symbolic of a deeper meaning that Christ would fulfill.

Unclean meat represented a nation and ethnicity of people; as did clean meat.

Now no one is considered unclean when God has cleaned them with His blood.

Now no meat is unclean when eaten with thanks.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 10:29 the other one’s conscience, I mean, not your own. For why should my freedom be determined by someone else’s conscience? 30 If I partake in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of that for which I give thanks? 31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God.