The Two Faces of the Sabbath

clefty

You do not emulate Jesus by preaching from a boat either, just like you do not go to the temple and preach every day.
you are correct...specifically because preaching from a boat was not commanded by either Him or His Father...nor do I go to the temple as it does not exist...but I remember the Sabbath day...to keep it holy...

You do not understand what is spiritual, just like those who left Jesus when he said they had to eat his flesh and drink his blood.
because I do understand what is spiritual I don't leave when He says to eat his flesh and drink his blood...I know it's the spirit that profits...just like when He says I am the door I don't look for the knocker...or when He says I am the path I don't walk on Him.

See? He did not say He is the Sabbath day...He says He will give us rest...He also didn't specify for how long...but one day is good for now...

Jesus is the Sabbath Rest.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Oh you knew the text...

So you think we are to eat His flesh are we? You realize He clarified it as the words He spoke are the Spirit of life...

So when He asks us to be born again...or carry a cross...you do understand its spiritual yes?

clefty

It is always about obeying God.
yup not LORD! LORD! But doing the Will of His Father...

Someone asked me to prove it that Paul obeyed the old law temple rules no matter what and I gave proof.

Paul obeyed the temple rules even if he did not agree with them, just as he obeyed the laws of the land even if he did not agree with them.
which rule did he not agree with? The Sabbath?

He could easily have arranged meeting on a different day. In fact had Paul insisted on meeting Gentiles on a different day the Jews would not have minded at all his crazy resurrected man gospel...

They got mad when he insisted they crowd the synagogues with these goyim...removing the dividing wall they had built was just too much for them to bare...

The only temple that matters now is Jesus Christ and whether or not you obey him.

Yup...is why we are talking about the Sabbath cuz He specifically asked prayers for that it be kept in the future...

clefty

Go read and study harder. The Judaizers got a hold of the Galatians and were trying to make them obey the old law of circumcision and observance of special days.

Give God glory and believe His Truth.

Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he had clearly done wrong.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Galatians 2:13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.
that incident in Antioch was a separate issue...by the time the 4th chapter starts Paul is reminding these Celts that they did not know God or more importantly He did not know them...

"8Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces"

You really think that when Paul wrote they were slaves "to those who by nature are not gods" he was referring to God Almighty the Law giver Father of an only begotten Son?

Observing special days are what the Jews used to have to do,
used to? The church was born at a meeting for Pentecost...Paul hurried to keep the feast in Jerusalem...and admonished we keep the feast with unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

and it is what pagans did,
BINGO!

and the Judaizers were trying to get Gentile Christians to obey the old purification/ceremonial works.
well it's a bit more complicated...judaizers were claiming circumcision was necessary unto salvation too...not just to hang out with Jews...

They were also trying to get them circumcised.
right...to be saved and do that first...not learn Torah first believe and then obey...

You need to be more careful.
yup...working out my salvation with fear and trembling...

Ben Masada

Jesus is the one who says observing special days are now worthless.

No one is going to an earthly temple.

There is no more earthly temple because God had it destroyed.

Where did Jesus say that observing special days was worthless? What I have is that he said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 19:29-31) Mind you that the law of Moses includes the ritual to observe special days. But you don't have to worry, for it is for the Jews only.

God's Truth

Does GT really need to resort to deception instead of directly answering the question with a Yes or a No? I don't think so. But he does.

Samie says: We must emulate Jesus' custom of being in church on Saturdays.
GT says: Samie says that we must go inside a building on Saturdays to emulate Jesus.

Whereas my statement simply dwells on emulating one facet in Jesus' life which is His custom of being in church on Saturdays, in GT's version of my statement, he made it appear that BY going inside a building we are emulating Jesus. That's a subtle way of including every facet of Jesus' life as being emulated in going inside the building. That's DECEPTION patterned from the first deception in Eden.

Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. Jesus went to the temple everyday.

You are only to do what Jesus tells you to do.

Jesus does not tell you to go to the temple every day because there is no temple.

Do you know what happened to Aaron's sons when they wanted to emulate what they thought God would like?

We are not to make up things that God would want us to do. We are to find out what God wants us to do.

The scripture says observing special days are worthless.

God's Truth

Did you forget that it was His custom to be in the synagogue on Saturdays and NOT in the temple? You readily forget the synagogue is NOT the temple? There are plenty of synagogues for the Jews but only ONE temple.

Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple,

Luke 19:47
Jesus was teaching at the temple every day, but the chief priests, scribes, and leaders of the people were intent on killing Him.

Mark 14:49
Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me. But this has happened that the Scriptures would be fulfilled."

God's Truth

you are correct...specifically because preaching from a boat was not commanded by either Him or His Father...nor do I go to the temple as it does not exist...

I am glad you can admit that.

but I remember the Sabbath day...to keep it holy...

Give the scripture reference.

because I do understand what is spiritual I don't leave when He says to eat his flesh and drink his blood...I know it's the spirit that profits...just like when He says I am the door I don't look for the knocker...or when He says I am the path I don't walk on Him.

See? He did not say He is the Sabbath day...He says He will give us rest...He also didn't specify for how long...but one day is good for now...

Oh you knew the text...

So you think we are to eat His flesh are we? You realize He clarified it as the words He spoke are the Spirit of life...

So when He asks us to be born again...or carry a cross...you do understand its spiritual yes?

I understand what Jesus says and you have not proven that you do.

You put me down and the Word of God when I said Jesus is the Sabbath Rest, but you claim to understand that we are to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Ben Masada

Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. Jesus went to the temple everyday.
You are only to do what Jesus tells you to do.nJesus does not tell you to go to the temple every day because there is no temple. Do you know what happened to Aaron's sons when they wanted to emulate what they thought God would like? We are not to make up things that God would want us to do. We are to find out what God wants us to do. The scripture says observing special days are worthless.

Jesus does not tell you to go to the Temple every day not because there is no Temple but for a special reason reported in Ecclesiastes 9:5,6.

God's Truth

yup not LORD! LORD! But doing the Will of His Father...

which rule did he not agree with? The Sabbath?

He could easily have arranged meeting on a different day. In fact had Paul insisted on meeting Gentiles on a different day the Jews would not have minded at all his crazy resurrected man gospel...

They got mad when he insisted they crowd the synagogues with these goyim...removing the dividing wall they had built was just too much for them to bare...

Yup...is why we are talking about the Sabbath cuz He specifically asked prayers for that it be kept in the future...

I keep asking for the scripture for you to prove it but you do not do so.

God's Truth

that incident in Antioch was a separate issue...by the time the 4th chapter starts Paul is reminding these Celts that they did not know God or more importantly He did not know them...

"8Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces"

You really think that when Paul wrote they were slaves "to those who by nature are not gods" he was referring to God Almighty the Law giver Father of an only begotten Son?

used to? The church was born at a meeting for Pentecost...Paul hurried to keep the feast in Jerusalem...and admonished we keep the feast with unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

BINGO!

well it's a bit more complicated...judaizers were claiming circumcision was necessary unto salvation too...not just to hang out with Jews...

right...to be saved and do that first...not learn Torah first believe and then obey...

yup...working out my salvation with fear and trembling...

You haven't proven me wrong by anything that you said here.

God's Truth

Every day?...nope

You say 'nope' to Jesus going to the temple every day, but you did not know the scriptures.

Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives,

Matthew 26:55
At that time Jesus said to the crowd, "Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest Me as you would an outlaw? Every day I sat teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest Me.

God's Truth

Where did Jesus say that observing special days was worthless? What I have is that he said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 19:29-31)

You do not listen to Moses.

Where is your priest?

Where is your tent or temple?

Where is your animal sacrifice?

Mind you that the law of Moses includes the ritual to observe special days. But you don't have to worry, for it is for the Jews only.

The unbelieving Jews were cut off and bound over to exactly where the disobedient Gentiles are.

Go obey Moses and maybe you will be given understanding.

God's Truth

You really made me google some stuff up...

3,125 miles: Jesus walked during His 3-year public Ministry

http://www.blessitt.com/miles-jesus-and-mary-walked/

You expect us to believe He was at the temple every day?

Even your text says He was there during the day time and at night out on mt olivet...not there every day...

The scriptures plainly say he was at the temple courts every day. Did you forget that you said only Saturday?

God's Truth

Jesus does not tell you to go to the Temple every day not because there is no Temple but for a special reason reported in Ecclesiastes 9:5,6.

You do not know the Old Testament very well at all.

The Ecclesiastes you quoted is about if there were no God, for all of God's prophets know there will be a resurrection of the dead and to life eternal as a reward.

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Isaiah 26:19
But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise-- let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy-- your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Isaiah 25:8
he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Job 19:26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

Ben Masada

You do not listen to Moses.

Where is your tent or temple?

Where is your animal sacrifice?

The unbelieving Jews were cut off and bound over to exactly where the disobedient Gentiles are.

Go obey Moses and maybe you will be given understanding.

You did not answer my question where Jesus said that observing special days was worthless. If you don't know what I am talking about, please, don't quote something that you know you could not provide the evidences if asked for.

Where is your priest?

Ben Masada

You do not know the Old Testament very well at all.

The Ecclesiastes you quoted is about if there were no God, for all of God's prophets know there will be a resurrection of the dead and to life eternal as a reward.

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Isaiah 26:19
But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise-- let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy-- your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Isaiah 25:8
he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Job 19:26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

You are an expert in hostility. I tried to restart again with you but you haven't changed a bit. Good luck!

Samie

Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays.
NKJ Luke 4:16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

From the online Jewish encyclopedia: "The synagogue is the Jewish equivalent of a church, more or less. It is the center of the Jewish religious community: a place of prayer, study and education, social and charitable work, as well as a social center."​

GT tells us that Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. On the other hand, the Bible tells us that it was Jesus custom to go to the synagogue - "the Jewish equivalent of a church" - on Saturdays.

If GT tells the truth, then the Bible tells a lie.

God's Truth

You did not answer my question where Jesus said that observing special days was worthless. If you don't know what I am talking about, please, don't quote something that you know you could not provide the evidences if asked for.

I have answered this many times. Here it is again:

Galatians 4:9 But now that you know God--or rather are known by God--how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?

Where is your priest?

Jesus Christ is our High Priest.

Where is your high priest?