The Two Faces of the Sabbath

God's Truth

LOL...however it is more accurate to say that preaching from a boat is emulating Christ than it is to say that Christ became a period of time...

You do not emulate Jesus by preaching from a boat either, just like you do not go to the temple and preach every day.

a literal day...and then add to the hilarity by insisting He replaces a day in the calendar...at a pattern of the seventh in 1/7 ratio

You do not understand what is spiritual, just like those who left Jesus when he said they had to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Days begin and end...specific days only periodically...how does He do that? I mean where does He go when His time is up...

He said He is Lord of the Sabbath...not Lord of rest...or Lord of Himself...

That is weird...

Jesus is the Sabbath Rest.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

God's Truth

Faith and obedience and worship was long before the temple...between the temples when the first was destroyed and continues still after the destruction of the second...
It is always about obeying God.
What we are discussing is not dependent on a temple...for we worship in spirit and truth...

Someone asked me to prove it that Paul obeyed the old law temple rules no matter what and I gave proof.

Paul obeyed the temple rules even if he did not agree with them, just as he obeyed the laws of the land even if he did not agree with them.

And as Paul said celebrate the feast with the new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...Passover...also observed without a temple...

The only temple that matters now is Jesus Christ and whether or not you obey him.

God's Truth

Galatians were Celts a proud and religiously stubborn people...and the weak and miserable forces were their former pagan beliefs...read the chapter in context...as if Paul would call the Yah's Laws weak and miserable forces...

Go read and study harder. The Judaizers got a hold of the Galatians and were trying to make them obey the old law of circumcision and observance of special days.

Give God glory and believe His Truth.

Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he had clearly done wrong.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Galatians 2:13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

You have to have kept something before you can turn back again to them...the Celts were coming into the knowledge of God's laws never having kept them...can't go back to them...but to their pagan heritage...sure...like dogs to their own vomit...

Observing special days are what the Jews used to have to do, and it is what pagans did, and the Judaizers were trying to get Gentile Christians to obey the old purification/ceremonial works.

They were also trying to get them circumcised.

Please be more careful...

You need to be more careful.

God's Truth

That's eisegesis, brother. Nothing in the verse tells us what you say it says. And you accuse me of being deceitful?

You are trying to get me to say the word 'yes' in concordance to you saying something false. That is deceitfulness.

God's Truth

That's only one simple way of emulating His example, brother. If you cannot emulate Him in one simply way how can we say we emulate Him in even greater ways? He that is faithful in less, is also faithful in much, remember?

But you still need to answer my question.

Is it wrong for us His sheep to follow our Shepherd Who is the same yesterday and today and forever in His custom of being in church (or synagogue for the Jews) on Saturdays? Yes or No?

You are not emulating Jesus by going to church on Saturdays. What don't you get about that?

Samie

You are not emulating Jesus by going to church on Saturdays. What don't you get about that?
I am emulating His custom of being in church on Saturdays. That's a world of difference from emulating Jesus BY going to church on Saturdays. Yours is deception. You are guilty of the crime you accuse me of, brother.

Samie

You are trying to get me to say the word 'yes' in concordance to you saying something false. That is deceitfulness.
What is deceitfulness is:

1. Samie says: I am emulating Jesus' custom of being in church on Saturdays.
2. GT says: Samie is emulating Jesus BY going to church on Saturdays.

The readers of this thread should know who's resorting to deception.

God's Truth

I am emulating His custom of being in church on Saturdays. That's a world of difference from emulating Jesus BY going to church on Saturdays. Yours is deception. You are guilty of the crime you accuse me of, brother.

Hahahaha I am not guilty of what you accuse me of, and you are changing what you said.

Jesus did not go to church he is the church.

Jesus did not go to the temple only on the Sabbath, he went every day.

God's Truth

What is deceitfulness is:

Samie is saying we have to emulate Jesus by going to a building on the Sabbath.

I gave scripture that Jesus went to preach at the temple every day, and Samie does not do either.

Samie

GT, here again is the question you want to run away from:

Is it wrong for us His sheep to follow our Shepherd Who is the same yesterday and today and forever in His custom of being in church (or synagogue for the Jews) on Saturdays? Yes or No?

Asked more than a dozen times, yet GT makes all kinds of alibi instead of answering directly with a Yes or a No.

God's Truth

GT, here again is the question you want to run away from:

Asked more than a dozen times, yet GT makes all kinds of alibi instead of answering directly with a Yes or a No.

You ask a deceitful question because the question is false.

No one is emulating Jesus by going to church because Jesus did not go to church.

You say the temple or the church. lol

Which is it?

You cannot add your own words and switch what the Word of God says.

You do not go to the temple because the temple is destroyed.

...and you going to a building on the Sabbath is not an emulation of something you cannot emulate.

Jesus went to the earthly temple every day.

You cannot ever do that, nor are we ever told to do that.

Samie

Some alibis of GT:

1. Jesus does not go to the synagogue only on Saturdays.
2. There is no more temple now.
3. It is worthless to observe any special day.
4. blah, blah, blah, ...

What have those to do with the question asked? NONE. But why does GT refuse to answer with a Yes or a No? Because he fears finding himself losing the discussion? Maybe so.

Samie

I am in no pan of fire.

I am saved.

If you were believing and teaching wrong, just repent of it. No harm done only closeness to Jesus Christ.
I think you are the one needing repentance in the issue we are discussing. Clearly, you resorted to deception. Again:

Samie

Samie is saying we have to emulate Jesus by going to a building on the Sabbath.
Thanks for restating your own proof for the deception you made:

God's Truth

Some alibis of GT:

1. Jesus does not go to the synagogue only on Saturdays.
2. There is no more temple now.
3. It is worthless to observe any special day.
4. blah, blah, blah, ...

What have those to do with the question asked? NONE. But why does GT refuse to answer with a Yes or a No? Because he fears finding himself losing the discussion? Maybe so.

Do not lean from the written Word of God.

It will not go well for you.

Deuteronomy 5:32 You shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God has commanded …

Deuteronomy 12:32 See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

Nowhere anywhere do the scriptures tell us all to go to the temple every day and preach.
You made up your own man-made rendition of what you think we should do.
I obey Jesus and not you.
There isn't even a temple for you to go to.

Samie

Does GT really need to resort to deception instead of directly answering the question with a Yes or a No? I don't think so. But he does.

Samie says: We must emulate Jesus' custom of being in church on Saturdays.
GT says: Samie says that we must go inside a building on Saturdays to emulate Jesus.

Whereas my statement simply dwells on emulating one facet in Jesus' life which is His custom of being in church on Saturdays, in GT's version of my statement, he made it appear that BY going inside a building we are emulating Jesus. That's a subtle way of including every facet of Jesus' life as being emulated in going inside the building. That's DECEPTION patterned from the first deception in Eden.

Samie

There isn't even a temple for you to go to.
Did you forget that it was His custom to be in the synagogue on Saturdays and NOT in the temple? You readily forget the synagogue is NOT the temple? There are plenty of synagogues for the Jews but only ONE temple.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
2 Tim 2:14-15
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 1:6-7
6 Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
(NKJ)