The Two Faces of the Sabbath

God's Truth

You are an expert in hostility.

What a bad joke. I am hostile because you say so. You say Jesus is dead and is nothing.

You are exactly what you accuse me of, and that is an expert in hostility.

Jesus says those who are not of him they are guilty of what they accuse others of, and you prove it.

You

I tried to restart again with you but you haven't changed a bit. Good luck!

Your good luck wish is as evil as you are. You are not even accepted by Jews who reject Jesus.

God's Truth

NKJ Luke 4:16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

From the online Jewish encyclopedia: "The synagogue is the Jewish equivalent of a church, more or less. It is the center of the Jewish religious community: a place of prayer, study and education, social and charitable work, as well as a social center."​

GT tells us that Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays.
Jesus didn't go to church on Saturdays.
Jesus went to the temple on Saturdays and every day.

On the other hand, the Bible tells us that it was Jesus custom to go to the synagogue - "the Jewish equivalent of a church" - on Saturdays.

If GT tells the truth, then the Bible tells a lie.

You are the one telling lies not me as you claim.

TweetyBird

Acts 25:8 Then Paul made his defense: "I have done nothing wrong against the Jewish law or against the temple or against Caesar."

How does this support your position that Paul kept the Law of Moses?

I have said nothing against the Law either, but that does not mean I am keeping an outdated covenant.

Acts 18:18 Paul stayed on in Corinth for some time. Then he left the brothers and sisters and sailed for Syria, accompanied by Priscilla and Aquila. Before he sailed, he had his hair cut off at Cenchreae because of a vow he had taken.

What does that have to do with Acts 21??? You understand that the vow in Acts 21 was an 8 day vow? Time wise, it would have been impossible for Paul to be referring to that vow.

Acts 21:23
Therefore do what we advise you. There are four men with us who have taken a vow.

I see nothing there to suggest Paul was to take a vow. Paul was told there were four men that took a vow.

Acts 21:24
Take these men, purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know that there is no truth to these rumors about you, but that you also live in obedience to the Law.

Paul arrived at the end of their vow. It was 8 days long. The next and last day of that vow an offering was to be made in obedience to the Law. Paul agreed to purify himself with them - it was a ritual cleansing. Paul did not take a vow as did not shave his head because he was not taking a vow with the 4 men - who already were at the end of their vow [the 7th day of an 8 day vow].

Jesus told his disciples to obey the old temple laws while it stood.

He told them that His body was the Temple - which they did not understand until after His resurrection.

If anyone went in the earthly temple they had to obey its rules as enforced by the Christ rejecting Pharisees and teachers of the Law.

Jesus said no such thing, ever.

Last edited:

TweetyBird

According to you, Jesus' working on the Sabbath is your proof that He was agreeing with the Jews that He was NOT keeping the Sabbath.

Question: Is "NOT keeping the Sabbath" a transgression of the law? Yes or No?

Jesus can't transgress the Law, He is God. He is above the Law, superior to it, it is not for Him to obey. The Law was given to rebellious sinful Israel so that they could be holy. Jesus was born holy, righteous, sinless. You are trying to force Jesus into a box that was never made for Him.

God's Truth

Acts 25:8 Then Paul made his defense: "I have done nothing wrong against the Jewish law or against the temple or against Caesar."
How does this support your position that Paul kept the Law of Moses?
Paul said he did nothing wrong against the law or temple or against Cesear.
Paul obeys the laws of the land, the laws of the temple even if he does not agree with them.
How is it you read that scripture and still do not understand?
Paul kept the old law for the temple.

TweetyBird

Oh my...you too?

Why can't anybody let Peter himself answer the meaning of the vision? He did it twice...

"God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean” (Acts 10:28)

Later again:

Acts 11: 4 But Peter explained it to them in order from the beginning, saying: 5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying; and in a trance I saw a vision, an object descending like a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came to me. 6 When I observed it intently and considered, I saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 7 And I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Rise, Peter; kill and eat.’ 8 But I said, ‘Not so, Lord! For nothing common or unclean has at any time entered my mouth.’ 9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, ‘What God has cleansed you must not call common.’ 10 Now this was done three times, and all were drawn up again into heaven. 11 At that very moment, three men stood before the house where I was, having been sent to me from Caesarea. 12 Then the Spirit told me to go with them, doubting nothing. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered the man’s house. 13 And he told us how he had seen an angel standing in his house, who said to him, ‘Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon whose surname is Peter, 14 who will tell you words by which you and all your household will be saved.’ 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?”

18 When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.”

Even others understood it...and not one added to it the meaning of eating Ham...

And they also understood the Gentile wished to join and be and do as they did...not come and add or change or teach a change...

True gratitude does that...wishes to please and obey one's true love...not change or rationalize or distort their True Love's desire...

God told Peter three times to not call meat unclean that He made clean. The intent was very clear. Jesus had already said it as well. Just because God used the vision for another reason does not discount the fact that God used unclean meat being made clean, literal. Then we have Paul who also talked about all kinds of meat and none it has to with the Kingdom of God.

God's Truth

What does that have to do with Acts 21??? You understand that the vow in Acts 21 was an 8 day vow? Time wise, it would have been impossible for Paul to be referring to that vow.
I am proving that Paul kept the old law while the temple existed.
Are you okay?

TweetyBird

Galatians were Celts a proud and religiously stubborn people...and the weak and miserable forces were their former pagan beliefs...read the chapter in context...as if Paul would call the Yah's Laws weak and miserable forces...

You have to have kept something before you can turn back again to them...the Celts were coming into the knowledge of God's laws never having kept them...can't go back to them...but to their pagan heritage...sure...like dogs to their own vomit...

Please be more careful...

No, Paul was referring to the law of Moses covenant because it was a carnal commandment.

Gal 4
Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2 but is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4 but when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. 9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

TweetyBird

I don't mind being corrected, in fact desire it, but it is good not to trust you...

Entole

Those are the commandments of Christ per 1 John 3. It is not referring to the Mosaic Law, it was gone, replaced, waxed old.

Rev 12:17 And2532 the3588 dragon1404 was wroth3710 with1909 the3588 woman,1135 and2532 went565 to make4160 war4171 with3326 the3588 remnant3062 of her848 seed,4690 which keep5083 the3588 commandments1785 of God,2316 and2532 have2192 the3588 testimony3141 of Jesus2424 Christ.5547

G1785
ἐντολή
entolē
en-tol-ay'
From G1781; injunction, that is, an authoritative prescription: - commandment, precept.

G3551
νόμος
nomos
nom'-os
From a primary word νέμω nemō (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), generally (regulation), specifically (of Moses [including the volume]; also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle): - law.

And John stressed the fellowship with both the Father and His Son...the house is united under One Law not divided by the Father's Law and the Son's new set...that would be countering the authority of the Father and His house is not divided...

God divided it.

Heb 3
1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 2 who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. 3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. 4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. 5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6 but Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

The Father's law points out sin and John concludes here we have all sinned...we all stand in need of fellowship with the Father and His...keeping His ENTOLE (His GOAL His End Objective) and the testimony of His Son...

No, the Law of Moses is "nomos" not "entole". The Law of Moses does not point to all sin - it was faulted, that is why we have the Law of Christ to replace that which was being replaced. 2 Cor 3.

TweetyBird

So much here you posted to correct...so little time...

Will now just address what is bolded above.

Here are the four prohibitions to those goyim who feared God crowding into the synagogues...

1. abstain from food polluted by idols - Leviticus 17:8-9 "Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.' "

To guard carefully against idolatry, this command was interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating any meat that had been offered in a prohibited manner. In Rev. 2:14, 20 the words of Jesus show agreement with that interpretation.

2. from sexual immorality - Leviticus 18:6-26 lists a wide range of sexually immoral activities and ends with, "The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things,"

3. from the meat of strangled animals - Leviticus 17:13,15 "Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,
"Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean." These were interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating the meat of strangled animals.

4. and from blood - Leviticus 17:10 "Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."

http://fogwhistle.ca/acts/evidence.html

So actually what was prescribed there to refute those Jews who insisted Gentiles had to be circumcised to not only be saved but associate with them was something that was already set into place long ago when the church was still in the wilderness as st Stephen so eloquently put it...

3 of these 4 prohibitations merely affirm dietary restrictions as they always were for the Gentiles...

Now goyim could hear Moses preached to them every Sabbath as James said to better understand why a man had to die...and how He could defeat death...and now they too could partake of the promise...if they but trusted and obeyed...Helleluyah

To defeat death is the final "do JUST AS He did"...

Those are not kosher laws. Kosher did not exist in Bible Times. Do you even know what the kosher laws are?

Those four laws were singular, not confirming the entire food law of the Mosaic covenant or else they would be listed. The Jews objected to the Gentiles eating meat polluted by idols and blood and strangulation. No commandments were ever given to forbid the Gentiles from eating unclean meat. In fact, according to Acts 15 - the Gentiles were only instructed to keep those four commandments, to keep the Jews calmed down. Almost 15 years later, those four identical laws are listed in Acts 21 as the only commandments given to the Gentiles to keep the Jews happy.

TweetyBird

LOL...however it is more accurate to say that preaching from a boat is emulating Christ than it is to say that Christ became a period of time...a literal day...and then add to the hilarity by insisting He replaces a day in the calendar...at a pattern of the seventh in 1/7 ratio

Days begin and end...specific days only periodically...how does He do that? I mean where does He go when His time is up...

He said He is Lord of the Sabbath...not Lord of rest...or Lord of Himself...

That is weird...

Sabbath means rest. So yes, Jesus is Lord of the Rest. He is Rest. He is the Sabbath. Yes, He is Lord of Himself. Did you not read what David said?

Psalm 110
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand,
until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

TweetyBird

I am emulating His custom of being in church on Saturdays. That's a world of difference from emulating Jesus BY going to church on Saturdays. Yours is deception. You are guilty of the crime you accuse me of, brother.

You are not emulating Christ by going to church on Saturdays. He didn't go to church, it was not His custom to do so.

TweetyBird

Does GT really need to resort to deception instead of directly answering the question with a Yes or a No? I don't think so. But he does.

Samie says: We must emulate Jesus' custom of being in church on Saturdays.
GT says: Samie says that we must go inside a building on Saturdays to emulate Jesus.

Whereas my statement simply dwells on emulating one facet in Jesus' life which is His custom of being in church on Saturdays, in GT's version of my statement, he made it appear that BY going inside a building we are emulating Jesus. That's a subtle way of including every facet of Jesus' life as being emulated in going inside the building. That's DECEPTION patterned from the first deception in Eden.

Jesus never went to church on Saturdays. Not once. You are talking in circles now and confusion is not of God, that is how we know your position on this is in full-on error.

TweetyBird

NKJ Luke 4:16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

From the online Jewish encyclopedia: "The synagogue is the Jewish equivalent of a church, more or less. It is the center of the Jewish religious community: a place of prayer, study and education, social and charitable work, as well as a social center."​

GT tells us that Jesus did not go to church on Saturdays. On the other hand, the Bible tells us that it was Jesus custom to go to the synagogue - "the Jewish equivalent of a church" - on Saturdays.

If GT tells the truth, then the Bible tells a lie.

THE BIBLE does not say He went to church. To quote a Jewish source which does not believe in Jesus Christ to support your position is like using Darwin to explain Creation. The Bible says that Jesus went to the synogue and to the Temple every day - per God, not the Jewish Encyclopedia. A synagogue is NOT a church and there is NO familiarity between the two of them.

TweetyBird

Paul said he did nothing wrong against the law or temple or against Cesear.
Paul obeys the laws of the land, the laws of the temple even if he does not agree with them.
How is it you read that scripture and still do not understand?
Paul kept the old law for the temple.

Paul said he did nothing wrong against the Law because he was no longer under the Law. He went to Arabia and did not keep the commanded laws for 14 years, so we know that Paul was not keeping the Law of Moses. Paul said the law of Moses was a thing of the past - it served its purpose. He would not be keeping the laws of the Temple. The physical Temple was no longer used of God. Jesus became the Spiritual Temple when He arose and that is the only Temple of God, one made without hands as prophesied.

Acts 7
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? 50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

Isaiah 66:1
Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Acts 17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;