The New Rep System Is A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

I don't agree with your reading on the point, but there's no point in arguing if that's your mind on it. Or at least I've never seen anyone who was decided about it move one way or the other, so there's no discernible profit in hashing it out.

Exactly!

The point's valid enough, though I don't know anyone who ever wrote there was a correlation.

Oh, well this is TOL so, since when is there a need to have read a statement for prior to posting a statement against?

It once was something of an indicator of the general feeling about a poster's contributions.

It is still that for me...a method of edification. Granted, some people use it to register a negative, but we do have the choice to be better than that.

Now it's just pinball.

Oh dear, I'm sorry it's become that for you.

Moral litmus by show of hand? :think: That would be a peculiar one.

Why? Aren't Christians responsible for moral behavior? Isn't that a form of their witness to God in gratitude for what He has done on their behalf? I think so.

IMJerusha

Can't be saved without a Saviour and God says, "beside me there is no savior."

Who is stating that Yeshua is not Mashiach?

I haven't seen where our Lord said it isn't a requirement for salvation.

I haven't seen where He stated it is. I have seen, however, where He stated that all authority in heaven and on earth was given Him by the Father.

The Lord our God is one LORD. You need to understand that Lord and God are the LORD GOD. Which is why our LORD said Thomas would be blessed when he called HIM his Lord and God.

No doubt. But that doesn't mean that the Son is the Father. Thomas' declaration was not affirmation that Yeshua is the Father but rather that the Father is in Yeshua just as we are to be in Yeshua (John 15:9-10). To Whom do we pray?...do we pray to Yeshua?...No, we pray to the Father in Yeshua's Name.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:15
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Isaiah 49:26
And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Isaiah 60:16
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Hosea 13:4
Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Luke 1:47
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Luke 2:11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

John 4:42
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Philippians 3:20
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

1 Timothy 2:3
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.​

Wonderful verses, Glorydaz, but they do not state that the Son is the Father and do you not see how the Father has been our Savior every bit as much as the Son? We can not deny the Headship but I can understand why many might wish to, especially women.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh, well this is TOL so, since when is there a need to have read a statement for prior to posting a statement against?
Well, it's just a bit odd to protest a thing that isn't being done...but it isn't fatal.

It is still that for me...a method of edification. Granted, some people use it to register a negative, but we do have the choice to be better than that.
I'd say it simply became that, with or without my permission. To my mind, seeing it another way is a point of investment and invention...or something best done with a squint.

Oh dear, I'm sorry it's become that for you.
Supra.

Why? Aren't Christians responsible for moral behavior?
Who's arguing against that?

Isn't that a form of their witness to God in gratitude for what He has done on their behalf?
Isn't what a form of witness, how we behave? It certainly can be and I'm a big fan of gratitude. Not sure how that ties into making a habit of posting how everyone (for the most part) isn't really Christian and inferring (for the most part) that the person (psst, it's meshak) declaring is a rather singular example of how it's done.

Humility seems to be a particular point of pride for her. :plain:

Or did you mean rep? :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Speaking of rep, did you know Tam (and I'm 6 - 0 up on you) has over a million rep points. :plain:

It's true. What happens when you guys get to ten million?

Don't tell me, let's just wait and see. Should happen about, oooh, Tuesday. :eek:

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Well, it's just a bit odd to protest a thing that isn't being done...

Not around here.

....but it isn't fatal.

Could be, who knows?....a lot of people have simply dropped out of here! :eek:

I'd say it simply became that, with or without my permission. To my mind, seeing it another way is a point of investment and invention...or something best done with a squint.

Key words, "I'd say.." and "To my mind..." Our perception isn't always the reality, is it?

Indeed!

Who's arguing against that?

I was responding to your questioning, not declaring argument.

Isn't what a form of witness, how we behave? It certainly can be

Yep, you answered your own question.

... and I'm a big fan of gratitude.

Yes, you are...

.Not sure how that ties into making a habit of posting how everyone (for the most part) isn't really Christian and inferring (for the most part) that the person (psst, it's meshak) declaring is a rather singular example of how it's done.

I don't believe I was defending that but rather Meshak's point regarding rep at TOL not being representative of ones Christian behavior. Human nature being what it is, however, folks under the gun (so to speak) for their doctrine, be it right or wrong or just different, tend to dig their heels in in one way shape or form.

Humility seems to be a particular point of pride for her. :plain:

That sort of thing makes it's way around to all of us but we're fine to boast in Yeshua.

Or did you mean rep? :eek:

Oh, clearly not, as mine is somewhat lower than it once was. I do, however, have lots of nice new edifying comments from folks just as Knight said I would!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not around here.
You may have a point. Be careful not to put your eye out with it though.

Could be, who knows?....a lot of people have simply dropped out of here! :eek:
I think it's seasonal. You know, like hepatitis...what? :plain:

Key words, "I'd say.." and "To my mind..." Our perception isn't always the reality, is it?
Only if you can't prove it (stage whisper "I can"). :shocked:

I was responding to your questioning, not declaring argument.
How's that different? :eek:

Yep, you answered your own question.
Well it's about time somebody did around here. :mmph: :)

Yes, you are...
And thank goodness for that. :think:

I don't believe I was defending that but rather Meshak's point regarding rep at TOL not being representative of ones Christian behavior. Human nature being what it is, however, folks under the gun (so to speak) for their doctrine, be it right or wrong or just different, tend to dig their heels in in one way shape or form.
I'd go farther or further than that (or both) and say it's not representative of much of anything. Though it is pretty.

That sort of thing makes it's way around to all of us but we're fine to boast in Yeshua.
But not so fine to boast about how close to him at the table we think we are and where the rest of you are in line to get in.

Oh, clearly not, as mine is somewhat lower than it once was. I do, however, have lots of nice new edifying comments from folks just as Knight said I would!
Liner notes are the best. :)

IMJerusha

You may have a point. Be careful not to put your eye out with it though.

I'll do my best. :chuckle:

I think it's seasonal. You know, like hepatitis...what?

What? :chuckle:

Only if you can't prove it (stage whisper "I can").

That's amazing!

How's that different? :eek:

Wait, you don't know the difference between a question and an argument?

Well it's about time somebody did around here. :mmph: :)

And who cares what's right or wrong, blast the torpedoes and full speed ahead!

And thank goodness for that.

Amen!

I'd go farther or further than that (or both) and say it's not representative of much of anything. Though it is pretty.

I would say that depends on whether one enjoys grieving the Ruach.

But not so fine to boast about how close to him at the table we think we are and where the rest of you are in line to get in.

You mean like you were doing with the doctrine of the Trinity?

Liner notes are the best. :)

lin·er notes: "the text printed on a paper insert issued as part of the packaging of a compact disc or on the sleeve of a phonograph record."

Really? So you're stating that rep as a media for meaningful edification is somewhat useless to you; nothing more than casual communicae?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Speaking of rep, did you know Tam (and I'm 6 - 0 up on you) has over a million rep points. :plain:

It's true. What happens when you guys get to ten million?

i predict that you'll make another bazillion posts about how it doesn't matter to you and how you'd rather not have it displayed and how you don't pay any attention to it (while spouting off all sorts of faux statistics that you've developed) (all the while continuing to run up your own score)

and then we'll all get to watch you turn another shade of green

Last edited:

glorydaz

Who is stating that Yeshua is not Mashiach?

I haven't seen where He stated it is. I have seen, however, where He stated that all authority in heaven and on earth was given Him by the Father.

No doubt. But that doesn't mean that the Son is the Father. Thomas' declaration was not affirmation that Yeshua is the Father but rather that the Father is in Yeshua just as we are to be in Yeshua (John 15:9-10). To Whom do we pray?...do we pray to Yeshua?...No, we pray to the Father in Yeshua's Name.

Wonderful verses, Glorydaz, but they do not state that the Son is the Father and do you not see how the Father has been our Savior every bit as much as the Son? We can not deny the Headship but I can understand why many might wish to, especially women.

I never said the Son is the Father. You're confused about the Godhead....no other excuse for what you keep posting. God became flesh and dwelt among us. I realize it's hard for a lot of people to fathom, but what can I say? If the verses don't make it clear, I certainly won't continue to try. :idunno:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i predict that you'll make another bazillion posts about how it doesn't matter to you and how you'd rather not have it displayed and how you don't pay any attention to it (while spouting off all sorts of faux statistics that you've developed) (all the while continuing to run up your own score)

and then we'll all get to watch you turn another shade of green
The real screaming will occur when the neg rep plot begins.
:reals:

Status
Not open for further replies.