ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
MADists argue that they have received the Holy Spirit and to prove it they call pentecostalists of Acts ch 2 such things as "unsaved, liars, children of the devil " etc. which of course is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, thus proving themselves to be not Christians at all, that is those who do that.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
:darwinsm:

What part of Colossians 2:13 KJV are you having a hard time with?

heir

TOL Subscriber
One of the reasons I joined TOL was to learn more about MAD. LA, are you saying that Christians receive the Holy Spirit once they believe and AFTER they are baptized?

LA wants every one to jump into the baptismal pool for remission of sins when that's not the offer on the table.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The way you and other MADists speak is further evidence that there is something terrible wrong with the doctrine of MAD.

LA
I guess you say there was something terribly wrong with Paul?

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

heir

TOL Subscriber
That is what the book is for, to show men the way/acts of salvation.
Then show it!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

When will you trust the Lord believing what Christ did for you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) instead of what you do?

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are part of the same thing, if you are a MADist who rejects Peters gospel and Acts 2:38.

LA
We're not saved by Peter's gospel, but Paul's!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Actually, I must remind myself, the above highlighted is all they have.
This is "all" we have.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is hard to remember all of Paul...

Eph_6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities,
against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This is a high calling of the Kingdom of Heaven which is Christ within you... But MADies prefer to goad flesh and blood people for disagreeing with them, thinking that they do good in their little stinkies deposits of neg reps...

I find their efforts comforting, because they are the MAD confession of bankruptcy in their argument for two Gospels when Paul-the-Jew said there was only ONE...

Arsenios
Paul never said there was ONLY ONE gospel in the Bible.

Watch the spin!

Arsenios

I Have Seen One Person Post Acts 2:38, As a Point Of Contention Against MAD, With NO Mention Of Previous Or Subsequent Verses. If That Is A Starting Point For Debate, It Is Difficult to Move Forward

2:39 is part of what was written... And the whole of Scripture is living... Such that if one chops out verses, one is engaging in vivisection, and one ends up with a dissected corpse, rather than a living corpus...

This whole way of slice and dice theology that is so prevalent here on TOL is just wrong... It does show the Scholastic ROOTS in the western Latin Church of the Protestant Reformation and its spawn all over the US, but it is an intellectual individualistic theological enterprise, and the results are every man for herself and the heart-breaking nightmare you see here in vicious debating...

And you are right, the isolation of a single verse for interpretation to "PROVE" one's OWN point of contention right or one's opponent's point of view wrong in reality has NO basis in reality... And by the Grace of God it CANNOT move forward...

Nor should it ever...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Well, if you ever decide to go there again; please stay there!

Have you joined the Gennesarenes?

They cared not a wit, you know, about the fact that the demoniac had become of sound mind... They just wanted to get back to their pig ranching... And they asked Him to stay away...

The Jews did it to the Prophets too...

And to Christ...

And to proto-Martyr Stephen...

And to a lot of Christian Jews as well...

It did not end well, GM...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Paul never said there was ONLY ONE gospel in the Bible.

Please forgive this lazy response:

Rom_15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Geographical difference

2Co_10:16 To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you, and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.

Again, only a geographical difference...

2Co_11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Ruling out ANOTHER GOSPEL...

Gal_1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Condemning any other Gospel...

Gal_1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

There is NO OTHER Gospel than the Gospel of Grace... That is the Christian Gospel... It is the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven upon the earth, full of Grace and Truth, Christ within you...

Rev_14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Sounds like one Gospel to me...

One God...
One Lord...
One Baptism...
One Gospel...

Arsenios

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you don't accept God's grace, therefore you are condemned. Your fancy religion only makes you feel superior to others.

He is like Galatians, measuring his performance of the flesh against the law. Only he never began in the Spirit.

Cross Reference

They cared not a wit, you know, about the fact that the demoniac had become of sound mind... They just wanted to get back to their pig ranching... And they asked Him to stay away...

And to Christ...

Arsenios

Yes!! Great insightful application! "First the natural, where it is temporary, and then the spiritual, where it is made permanent".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

And to Christ...

Arsenios

:baby:

Status
Not open for further replies.