ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
do you understand that mad people are completely saved and it doesn't matter what they do?
Tell me, if you were certain of your salvation this very moment, would you run out and begin a sinning spree? Or would you attempt to live out your pardon in gratitude and share the abundance of that with your fellow man?

I expect a man who loves God to resemble a man who loves God, just as I expect him to fail in that from time to time and so, thank God, grace.

musterion

do you understand that mad people are completely saved and it doesn't matter what they do?

Why do you care?

You know if you were really concerned that we're lost (which your church teaches we are because we believe an anathematized gospel), you would ask us to get saved by joining your church.

You haven't. Not once, that I can recall.

Why not?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whereas MAD claims to have received the Holy Spirit by an act of believing the doctrine of the cross without obeying Acts 2:38, which is the way believers are to receive the Holy Spirit as Paul did and taught.

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

As taught by the apostle Paul

Another thread by LA Lost is shut down....

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why do you care?

You know if you were really concerned that we're lost (which your church teaches we are because we believe an anathematized gospel), you would ask us to get saved by joining your church.

You haven't. Not once, that I can recall.

Why not?

He doesn't, because he knows you would not stand a chance to be considered saved, under his religious system. Catholics believe in the vital importance of repentance and holy living, even though they are wrong about adding religious works to faith.

The RCC is right, in that they do not allow the excuse of being in the grace of God, as giving license to sin, nor excuse to practice sin.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Note: Faith precedes the sealing of the Holy Spirit, and regeneration of the Holy Spirit despite nationaity, precedes faith.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Note: Faith precedes the sealing of the Holy Spirit, and regeneration of the Holy Spirit despite nationaity, precedes faith.

Note: Belief precedes the sealing of the Holy Spirit. And the Faith of Christ keeps us sanctified.

Nang sure tried to change the subject in a hurry. Time to get it on track.

Whereas MAD claims to have received the Holy Spirit by an act of believing the doctrine of the cross without obeying Acts 2:38, which is the way believers are to receive the Holy Spirit as Paul did and taught.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Note: Belief precedes the sealing of the Holy Spirit. And the Faith of Christ keeps us sanctified.

Ha! What I say!

You can't even keep up with the arguments, can you.

Again . . .

Here is the process of conversion:

1. Sinners are baptized with the Holy Spirit in regeneration when resurrected from death, to life. John 3:3-8

2. With cleansed and new hearts, sinners are enabled to comprehend the Gospel message of Christ's righteousness. I Corinthians 2:12-14

3. Sinners respond with saving trust in the Gospel message because of grace which gifts them with faith, belief, and repentance from sin. Ephesians 1:13-14

4. Sinners are thereafter identified and sealed with the anointing of the Holy Spirit,
which guarantees them everlasting life in Jesus Christ.
I John 2:19-20; II Corinthians 5:5

This is all the work of God. Ephesians 2:10; John 6:29

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nang gets no more response. You are a filthy swine and never again will pearls be cast your way. Let you be accursed.

Right Divider

Body part
Unlike someone, like yourself, that is on his way to the lake of fire?

Do you don't accept God's grace, therefore you are condemned. Your fancy religion only makes you feel superior to others.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang gets no more response. You are a filthy swine and never again will pearls be cast your way. Let you be accursed.

Thank you . . . and,

Hopefully, that means a complete ignore with no further neg reps cast my way, on my user profile page.

Right Divider

Body part
He doesn't, because he knows you would not stand a chance to be considered saved, under his religious system. Catholics believe in the vital importance of repentance and holy living, even though they are wrong about adding religious works to faith.

The RCC is right, in that they do not allow the excuse of being in the grace of God, as giving license to sin, nor excuse to practice sin.
We believes God when God speaks through His current Apostle, Paul.
Rom 6:1-2 KJV What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? (2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
The lairs of today are NOTHING new. They said the SAME thing about what Paul taught.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We believes God when God speaks through His current Apostle, Paul.
Rom 6:1-2 KJV What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? (2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
The lairs of today are NOTHING new. They said the SAME thing about what Paul taught.

The way you and other MADists speak is further evidence that there is something terrible wrong with the doctrine of MAD.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the reasons I joined TOL was to learn more about MAD. LA, are you saying that Christians receive the Holy Spirit once they believe and AFTER they are baptized?

Some received the Holy Spirit before they were baptized but that is up to the Lords decision, but all those who did were baptized in water after.

MAD believes one is baptized with the Holy Spirit when they first believed.

Millions believed before ever the Holy Spirit was made available to dwell in other men as it did in Christ, the first one.

Paul obeyed Acts 2:38 as did Cornelius and multitudes others, even the Ethiopian of Acts 8.

Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (in water)
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

In fact, the believers of Acts 8 in Samaria believed and were baptized in water before the Holy Spirit fell upon them.

There is no such thing as a secret receiving of the Holy Spirit upon believing and a subsequent baptism of the Holy Spirit. (as Pentecostals believe) simply because the book of acts has it that there is one receiving of the Holy Spirit when men are first filled with the Holy Spirit. The keys to the Kingdom of God were given to Peter to preach and it was through the believers obeying Acts 2:38 that they became members of Christ's one and only Church.

That is what the book is for, to show men the way/acts of salvation.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The problem is that you actually believe that you can obey Acts 2:38 because you think you have retroactively become part of the house of Israel in the context of Acts 2:36 and are guilty along with them of crucifying their promised Messiah and King. Peter, in Acts 2:38, is specifically demanding a response to this particular rejection and murder by the house of Israel of that time. It has nothing to do with the nations/gentiles.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The 3000 were believers before they understood what they had done and had been doing.

Much of the churches today are engaged in the same things as they, and as Paul did before his conversion.

You are part of the same thing, if you are a MADist who rejects Peters gospel and Acts 2:38.

LA

Mocking You

Ha! What I say!

You can't even keep up with the arguments, can you.

Again . . .

Here is the process of conversion:

1. Sinners are baptized with the Holy Spirit in regeneration when resurrected from death, to life. John 3:3-8

2. With cleansed and new hearts,

They are saved. No need to go on any further, eh?

sinners are enabled to comprehend the Gospel message of Christ's righteousness. I Corinthians 2:12-14

3. Sinners respond with saving trust in the Gospel message because of grace which gifts them with faith, belief, and repentance from sin. Ephesians 1:13-14

"Sinners respond", sounds like a human work to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.