ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
The 3000 were believers before they understood what they had done and had been doing.

Much of the churches today are engaged in the same things as they, and as Paul did before his conversion.

You are part of the same thing, if you are a MADist who rejects Peters gospel and Acts 2:38.

LA
Why won't you answer simple questions?

Like why aren't YOU HEALING EVERYONE like they did?
Act 5:15-16 KJV Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. (16) There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
You have said on MANY, MANY occasions that YOU have received the SAME SPIRIT that THEY DID.

I guess that you're just all talk and no action, oh faithless one.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They are saved. No need to go on any further, eh?

"Sinners respond", sounds like a human work to me.

Please do me the favor of not chopping, dissecting, and separating the points of my posts, in order to make lame attempts at finding fault.

Such are disingenous tactics used by the unsaved hoi polloi and generally uninformed, when making like they are participating in theological discussions.

Argue my posts, if you must, but do so within the context of the whole apologetic, I produce, with Holy Scripture, please.

Otherwise, I will not be able to respect your baseless and unfounded "opinions."

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
The 3000 were believers before they understood what they had done and had been doing.

Much of the churches today are engaged in the same things as they, and as Paul did before his conversion.

You are part of the same thing, if you are a MADist who rejects Peters gospel and Acts 2:38.

LA

Words Like "Reject" Peter's Gospel, Leads To No Possible Discussion, With Me

Arsenios

One of the reasons I joined TOL was to learn more about MAD. LA, are you saying that Christians receive the Holy Spirit once they believe and AFTER they are baptized?

Here is the relevant quote:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them,

"Repent, and be baptized every one of you
in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins,

and

ye shall receive the Gift
of the Holy Spirit.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you,
and
to your children,
and
to all that are afar off,
as many as the Lord our God shall call to Himself.

So the sequence is clearly:
First: Repentance
Second: Baptism into Christ
Third: Reception of the Gift of the Holy Spirit

And to WHOM is this promise given?

First: to the Jews whom he is addressing...
Second: to their children...
Third: To ALL whom the Lord our God should CALL to Himself... [Even those who are far away]

The "Gift" of the Holy Spirit, which in the early days was authenticated by God with the Gift of speaking in foreign languages, was given first in the inaugural blessing at Pentecost, and then to all those being baptized, and then to the Gentiles so that Peter would know that they were TO BE BAPTIZED... Which started the shift to the Gift being given to the Gentiles as well as the Jews, no difference...

Arsenios

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"Contingent salvation?"

Is that the same as Synergistic salvation?
Not necessarily, given (as I understand it) you can read synergistic salvation a bit more broadly than I intend. I mean those who believe they must preserve in the doing of good to be saved.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not necessarily, given (as I understand it) you can read synergistic salvation a bit more broadly than I intend. I mean those who believe they must preserve in the doing of good to be saved.

Well, there is quite a difference, in that synergistic salvation requires human actions and works, added to faith, in order to achieve and maintain salvation.

But a contingent salvation is grace that produces fruits of the indwelling Holy Spirit, which is a corresponding and evident result of being saved, not a means to get saved nor to preserve one's position in Christ.

Arsenios

Nang...
You are a filthy swine...
Let you be accursed.

But Nick, I mean, why don't you just say straight away
How it is that you REALLY FEEL??
Why beat around the bush??
Why just these paltry hints and allegations??

Arsenios

fwiw - Methinks you have been giving sermons to the Choir for far too many years...

How does this message do on the street?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why just these paltry hints and allegations??

Arsenios

LOL!

I love you, dear brother . . . mostly because you make me laugh and feel more light-hearted about all that goes down around here.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course, MOVE VAGUE GENERALIZATION.

You problem is that you disagree with the Bible and therefore God as well.

I see you can see right through the "debate". They are like what Rush calls the "drive bys".

Arsenios

Thank you . . . and,

Hopefully, that means a complete ignore with no further neg reps cast my way, on my user profile page.

I think you are asking for something in vain...

They LOVE neg reps...

Meat and potatoes...

Fruit and tomatoes...

It is their little deposit of stinky for their enemies...

It is just the world, Nang...

A worldly argument, like name-calling and insult...

Befitting a worldly faith...

Arsenios

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, there is quite a difference, in that synergistic salvation requires human actions and works, added to faith, in order to achieve and maintain salvation.
The problem there being that it can break down between people who agree on OSAS in that some consider the mere acceptance of grace itself as a work absent an overwhelming compulsion, while others do not.

But a contingent salvation is grace that produces fruits of the indwelling Holy Spirit, which is a corresponding result of being saved, not a means to get saved nor to preserve one's position in Christ.
Not as I was using it. I literally meant "those who believe they must preserve in the doing of good to be saved." I wasn't using a theological term of art, only my own means of advancing a particular thought. Those who don't believe that salvation is accomplished until the end.

To me we respond to love in love and from grace. I think that's very much like what you're saying above.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I think you are asking for something in vain...

They LOVE neg reps...

Meat and potatoes...

Fruit and tomatoes...

Arsenios

Nick and GM are guilty of "drive by" neg reps against persons, just for what others' believe, but nothing to do with particular posts.

They neg rep just to destroy reputations . . .

Such hatefulness and destruction of reputations, without cause, should not be allowed on this site . . . for it is the opposite of being Christlike.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The problem there being that it can break down between people who agree on OSAS in that some consider the mere acceptance of grace itself as a work absent an overwhelming compulsion, while others do not.

Well, yeah. That is why I do not recognize synergism in any form, as being legitimate theological truth.

Not as I was using it. I literally meant "those who believe they must preserve in the doing of good to be saved." I wasn't using a theological term of art, only my own means of advancing a particular thought. Those who don't believe that salvation is accomplished until the end.

To me we respond to love in love and from grace. I think that's very much like what you're saying above.

O.K. Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :up:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Is that what the Lord Jesus Christ did? Did he beat around the bush when it comes to the wicked? How about our apostle Paul?

john w

Hall of Fame
All the apostles delivered acts 2:38 (and that which preceded it) to both Jews and Gentiles, to whomsoever would hear as the keys to the Kingdom of God.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Continued deception, as she leaves out the following verses, on strict order, from her father, the devil:

Acts 2 KJV

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Obey the above, LAFraud.

I thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.