ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We're not saved by Peter's gospel, but Paul's!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Amen!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
2:39 is part of what was written... And the whole of Scripture is living... Such that if one chops out verses, one is engaging in vivisection, and one ends up with a dissected corpse, rather than a living corpus...

This whole way of slice and dice theology that is so prevalent here on TOL is just wrong... It does show the Scholastic ROOTS in the western Latin Church of the Protestant Reformation and its spawn all over the US, but it is an intellectual individualistic theological enterprise, and the results are every man for herself and the heart-breaking nightmare you see here in vicious debating...

And you are right, the isolation of a single verse for interpretation to "PROVE" one's OWN point of contention right or one's opponent's point of view wrong in reality has NO basis in reality... And by the Grace of God it CANNOT move forward...

Nor should it ever...

Arsenios

:crackup:

Arsenios

We're not saved by Peter's gospel, but Paul's!

IF you believe this is true, then you must show Peter's Gospel and put it alongside Paul's Gospel and show how they are different.

Because here is your problem:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is what you see as NOT PETER'S GOSPEL, yes?

So IF you think that Peter did NOT preach this Gospel, then you MUST SHOW him preaching a DIFFERENT Gospel which contradicts THIS Gospel which Paul is teaching...

And THIS you have failed to do...

And UNTIL you are able to do so, you are no more than a kitten watching the swirling waters of the toilet as it is flushing around and around and around, soon to disappear with its contents...

Because what Paul writes above IS the Gospel of Peter and of ALL the Apostles...

Arsenios

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is NO OTHER Gospel than the Gospel of Grace... That is the Christian Gospel... It is the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven upon the earth, full of Grace and Truth, Christ within you...
made up

Rev_14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
The gospel of the grace of God is not being preached in The Revelation. :duh:

Mocking You

Be gentle with me, I'm trying to learn MAD. Here is Peter's gospel, from Acts 2:

23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.
32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.

And here is Paul's gospel, from I Cor. 15:

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.

So, what is the difference?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Be gentle with me, I'm trying to learn MAD. Here is Peter's gospel, from Acts 2:

23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.

Peter is speaking to members of the House of Israel, and preaching
the "Kingdom Message!" Whereas, Paul is preaching the "Grace
Message" to the gentiles! Therein, lies the difference!

Arsenios

I guess Paul just forgot to mention your only one gospel when he was listing the unity of the Spirit. :nono:

So do you really think that we find the UNITY of the Spirit in the DUALITY of GOSPELS???

Actually, he is exhorting them HOW to WALK WORTHILY according to the vocation in which they were CALLED:

Eph 4:1
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

You are not able to show Peter saying anything other than this...

Eph 4:2-6
With all lowliness and meekness,
with longsuffering,
forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

You cannot prove that Peter teaches anything different from this...

There is one body,
and one Spirit,
even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord,
one faith,
one baptism,
One God and Father of all,
who is above all,
and through all,
and in you all.

Peter is recorded in Scripture as saying nothing at any variance with this at all, is he?
Nor John...
Nor IAKOVOS...

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

You cannot show EVEN ONE PASSAGE where Peter teaches ANY contrary doctrine...

CAN YOU?

So it is time to put up, Heir...

Show us all where Peter preaches AGAINST ANY of these doctrines which you think are Paul's but not Peter's...

Let's all SEE what ya GOT!

Arsenios

heir

TOL Subscriber

Here are some things that are different:

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

heir

TOL Subscriber

Peter preached a murder indictment to all the house of Israel. He did not glory in the cross. He preached it as a shame. And did you notice, Peter did NOT preach "that Christ died for our sins"?!

Status
Not open for further replies.